Old Testament Applicability

joseph10

Aug 28, 2012
✟15,256.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The law has no power over christian unless they place the law above grace. In which case they will come to find out that this means. Let it be unto them as they have said.
It is a head problem, always was.
As far as the Old testament. Yes it applies to us in many ways. But we are not under the covanat that was. We are under the more perfect covanat.
Concerning the feast days, they are enternal. We are to keep them and the festables.
It is because of the keeping of the feast days that the jewish people are even blessed today actually. Deu 16:16 if i am not mistaken.
The three feast spoke of here are eternal. Three time a year God sends his wndow over the earth to recieve the offers of his people. It is durring these appointed times and no other time that the Lord will receive your offereing and bring the increase according to the offering. These feast actually continue into the new kingdom. Today ministers teach incorrectly concerning the feast days and the reason for them. It is what is spoke of by the 30, 60 and 100 fold. Implying the 3 feast periods. When i invest i want a return. God gave us the system to make it into the blessed land. Tiths are not offering. They will not provide you with increase they are duty. Offerings are faith actions. But God will receive all offerings. But he blesses the house of those home keep the feast and so durring the appointed times. And christians can be blessed via that system.

Upvote 0

joseph10

Aug 28, 2012
✟15,256.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
ChrisHolland619 prayer is always welcome. But as i am saved please pray for some one whom is lost and in need of a savior. Or you could pray for me to have more hair on top that is needful. Other then that all my needs are provided for by Christ and our father. What need do I have that he has not given.

Upvote 0

joseph10

Aug 28, 2012
✟15,256.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I would like to explain the difference in me and you. ChrisHolland619. I would not presume to judge a person concerning there Salvation or walk with the Lord.
If you notice i do not quote scripture greatly yet i could indeed. I write from what is on my heart. The Word is wrote on my heart. I need not go get the bible to speak of God and the things of God. I only need draw from the well of the heart. In these many post we will find people some whom claim to be Christians pointing to this scripture or that scripture to define there own thinking. Yet not considering that God matures people in time and in trials. What you think today may not be what you think tomorrow. As your are being moved from understanding to understanding and from Glory to Glory. Most posters here are speaking about 10 subjects at once. And no even own the same page. Simple said it brings confusion somewhat.
In the Subject of salvation. As we are a three part being that salvation covers the three parts of man. Our regeneration is of these three parts. So you have to address the three parts as referenced by the Word of God. The seed of Christ in you is not subject to the LAW. Your salvation ( that of the spirit is done)
The mind, will and emotions are the soul. The salvation of the soul starts on the day of the new birth and that process will be finished till death. A christian must get in the word and put on the mind of Christ. The word of God deprograms a believer actually and builds up a house worthy of God. It does not happen in 10 seconds. Takes time and effort.
The salvation of the body is to come at the resurrection of the body. The body is of the earth it is subject to decay. It is under the law still. So many in the body are sick as they abide in sin. They refuse to attempt to live in a sinless state. They have not allowed the word of God to reform there mind. There suffer from wrong thinking.
Which indeed brings the wrong results into there lives. Not Gods will.
So how do you judge a matter of scripture or truth. First off the scriptures declare God will for the believer. They declare the Glory of God. They declare what he likes and what he detest. IN other words we learn of God by his scriptures. This is for the believers benefit. If your interacting with God and he is not lining up with his word. Now do you know whom your dealing with, By his word. Satan comes to steal kill and destroy. He does that by getting he believer to error in conduct. Power have been given to the believer Satan wants power so he has to get if from believers. Real power is in the born again believers mouth. That faith measure that has been given to you is a active agent on this earth. Satan wants you to deliver to him your victory. That knowledge is from the bible. We study the word to learn of God and the enemy. If you take control of the mouth it will be well with you. If you do not it will be hell for you.
Lessons from the bible.
In the case of Moses we learn what happens to people when rebellion against the appointed servant of God.
You want hell start touching the anointed.
Had a young man hit me once in anger. I watched as his life was destroyed. House gone, Car gone. Job Gone. Wife Gone. Children Gone. Everything. God has not changed.
I have watch fools speak against great men and woman of God. And seen them destroyed by God himself.
God has written touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm. That is a eternal law that all peoples are subject too. Of Course grace is above that law in a degree.
Yet god enforces both. Every word of God word is law. If God said it he will do it.
i have watched people here on this site. Some with great wisdom and some foolish. The wise considers but the foolish rush in with out considering.
There is one God whom watches and see all. And whom corrects all and is above all. In the bible you find scripture, But scripture does not profit you whom do not apply the word of God to your lives. A little error brings great destruction. Simple said seek out the whole of a matter. Christ gift restored you to the Father whom has not changed nor shall change.
The bible tells us not to judge a person concerning there salvation. God warns us for a reason. Christ became a curse for us. Yet there are things of Conduct that will indeed bring a curse upon you today. This is one of them. I have looked into the deep hidden things of God. You are on milk. Before you start judging a single person you might want to ask yourself a question, For whom have i died. Are there nail scares on my hands. When did God appoint me to Judge people. In which Scripture was i declared. Why does the pride of life lead me to judge. What did God say he would do to those whom judge.
Simple said you do not hate evil, He whom judges his brother in Christ errors greatly and serves the evil one. I have spoken this that you might gain wisdom. I do not speak evil over anyone. Nor does hate abide in me. i will not give my days to the evil one. Put on wisdom youth. Grow up into the measure of Christ wisdom.

Upvote 0

myles2chem

Sep 27, 2012
✟7,617.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Thanks to those who posted concerning the initial question. I believe it is Biblically clear that salvation is a gift received through faith in Christ. It is also clear that sin brings separation between us and Christ; therefore it is important to know what sin is. Many examples of what sin was and is can be found in the Old Testament. There are some aspects of the Old Testament that are not applicable to us because they were based on culture and not eternal truths. I will rely more on the Word of God, reason, and prayer in determining what issues belong. It is surprising to me how little agreement there is on this important aspect of Christianity, especially within one denomination. Also, it is disappointing that some posts became disrespectful to others. This is my first thread on a Christian forum, and if I were an unbeliever the general impression I would take away would not be one that pushed me in the right direction. Please leave pride aside and converse to reach truth. Thanks.

Upvote 0