• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Okay so im scared I committed the unpardonable sin

Discussion in 'Requests for Christian Advice' started by Vincent Reynolds, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Vincent Reynolds

Vincent Reynolds New Member

+15
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    View attachment 294537 Okay hey guys so basically im scared, there was this guy on the youtube comments and I called him a false teacher but now im just scared I blasphemed the Holy Spirit. I dont wanna commit the unpardonable sin but im scared i did because idk but like i got kind of suspicious on the things he said

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. pescador

pescador Newbie Supporter

+3,427
    Christian
    Married
    Calling somebody a false teacher is definitely not an unpardonable sin. Jesus, Paul, and others called quite a few people "false teachers". Don't let it bother you too much.

3. Vincent Reynolds

+15
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Well did I even sin?

4. Vincent Reynolds

+15
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Idk basked on what of the things he said i guess i was kinda suspicious

5. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+10,642
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    There are false teachers on You-Tube. That should not make you fear for your eternal soul that you identified one.

6. Maria Billingsley

Maria Billingsley Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,605
    United States
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Welcome. Unbelief is the unpardonable sin. Sounds like you are a beliver calling out a false teacher. Be blessed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints! Supporter

+4,882
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    (I did not read the details.)
    1. You may have been mistaken in your assessment, but blaspheming the Holy Spirit runs much deeper than that.
    2. No one who has blasphemed the Holy Spirit feels convicted that he (might have) sinned. Conviction is the Holy Spirit's gig. If you ever truly blasphemed Him,
      • He would abandon you,
      • you would not be convicted,
      • nor would you miss it.
    (That is just your OCD playing with your head.)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  8. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+107,667
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    No.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+10,642
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Maybe. Or maybe not. But jumping to the conclusion that you committed 'the unpardonable sin' is a wild leap.

If you did sin, confess and repent. If you don't know, consult your pastor.

This 'unpardonable sin' thing that pops up with regularity in Christian Forums is a problem. This sin is the result of serious deliberate willed serious misbehavior that you simply do not want to abandon and persist in for the rest of your life. It cannot be done by accident. It means you absolutely refuse to be pardoned, either because you love the sin or you despair of God's mercy offered to you for forgiveness. In any event, it's because the sinner refuses forgiveness. All such a sinner has to do is accept the forgiveness Jesus Christ offers. The hardened heart can't do that. Everyone else can. All you have to do is accept. See how easy that is? Now go confess it to your priest and be done with it.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. Rene Loup

Rene Loup Saved Wolf Among Sheep

+640
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    This is what the unpardonable sin really is:

~Mark 3:20-30 (NKJV)

Bible Gateway passage: Mark 3 - King James Version
    Bible Gateway passage: Mark 3 - New King James Version
    Bible Gateway passage: Mark 3 - New International Version
    Bible Gateway passage: Mark 3 - International Children’s Bible

~Matthew 12:22-32 (NKJV)

Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 12 - King James Version
    Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 12 - New King James Version
    Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 12 - New International Version
    Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 12 - International Children’s Bible

There is a VERY BIG DIFFERENCE between calling out a suspected false teacher/prophet and actually knowingly accusing The Holy Spirit Himself of being evil in that regard. To do that to the Holy Spirit, it has to be a deliberate, calculated accusation in an attempt to discredit Him. The Pharisees in the Gospels could not win any debates against Jesus Christ and thus resorted to blasphemous slander in an attempt to discredit Him. Pride goes before the destruction. (Proverbs 16:18)

If you truly fear you have blasphemed the Holy Spirit, I recommend reciting this personal declaration to Him:

"The Holy Spirit, I love You, I respect You, and I appreciate everything You have done for me."

(Deuteronomy 6:5, Ephesians 4:25-32, 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, 2 Peter 3:9)

I have struggled with this fear. Thanks to this declaration, I do not struggle with it anywhere near as much as I once did. My gift to you.

Take care, stay safe, and God bless!

11. The Liturgist

The Liturgist Traditional Liturgical Christian

+1,186
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    I like to tell young members of my congregation who are worried about this that the very fact they are worried proves they did not commit it, since it is the Holy Spirit which inspires us to repent, and people who blaspheme the Holy Spirit lose the desire for repentance.

12. Vincent Reynolds

+15
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Well do u think me saying that was correct did u see the files? And what he said

13. brinny

+107,667
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    You were speaking what you believed to be true. Did you "lie"? Was your intent to "attack" him?

We ARE to speak out if someone or something is NOT in line with God's Word. Paul sure did in the New Testament. Jesus HIMSELF did when He cleared the Temple.

Were you WRONG in what you said?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  14. brinny

+107,667
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Vincent, I can sorta' read the comments you posted, but only partially. Did this occur on your Youtube channel?

15. Vincent Reynolds

+15
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    No in another one basically i thought what he said was kinda suspicious was but like i get kind of scared because he said this and it scared me cause based on what he said I thought like hes a false but i get scared like what if

Attached Files:

16. Vincent Reynolds

+15
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    No this didnt happen on my YouTube channel,I didn’t intend to attack him i didnt even comment i just saw what he said and called him a false phropet or teacher or whatever

17. brinny

+107,667
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Vincent, i'm still having difficulty reading it. Which channel is it? Maybe if i can read it there i can better understand the context.

18. Vincent Reynolds

+15
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    its under a comment at the bottom

19. brinny

+107,667
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Thank you Vincent, i'll check it out.

20. Vincent Reynolds

+15
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I get scared because i always think like what if I misjudged or like that because he scared me with what he said if u dissagree with what he realates then i condemned myself to hell