Okay so im scared I committed the unpardonable sin

Roy Taylor

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom.
Apr 15, 2020
Harrisburg
Visit site
✟24,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
View attachment 294537 Okay hey guys so basically im scared, there was this guy on the youtube comments and I called him a false teacher but now im just scared I blasphemed the Holy Spirit. I dont wanna commit the unpardonable sin but im scared i did because idk but like i got kind of suspicious on the things he said
Fear is good. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom! Who is this that posted on youtube? I believe half of what he is saying. I would like to listen to what he says. Someone posted the unpardonable sin is unbelief. But don't we walk in unbelief everyday? The bible says a friend of the world is the enemy of God. Aren't most so called Christians a friend of the world? If we believed God, we would turn from the world. When you choose television, video games, internet, entertainment, fun, etc. over reading your bible, you gotta ask yourself if you are really believing God's word. Or are you more comfortable living in iniquity? Come out of her my people! Don't be a partaker of her sins. You deny me in front of others, I will deny you. (I am preaching to myself too.)

Upvote 0

JohnD70X7

Feb 10, 2021
Southwest
✟56,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
View attachment 294537 im just scared I blasphemed the Holy Spirit.

The only sin that is unto the death (1 John 5:16) / unpardonable sin (Matthew 12:31-32 / Luke 12:10) is unbelief in Jesus. It blasphemes the Holy Spirit by making him out to be a liar because he testifies to all truth (John 16:13) and Jesus Christ is the Truth (John 14:6).

John 15:26 (AV)
26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

If anyone is declaring they are filled with the Holy Spirit and by you challenging them it is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit... tell them "Bourgeois!" ← polite Christian way of saying bull crap...

We are compelled to test / prove all things (1 Thessalonians 5:21) including the spirits (1 John 4:1) ← which has to include even the Holy Spirit. Not because of any deficiency in Him... but in our flawed inability to accurately discern truth. And we do this by the scriptures:

Acts 17:11 (AV)
11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Notice the Bereans were no doubt given the same advice / teaching by the Apostle Paul that the Thessalonians given (1 Thessalonians 5:21) along with the prescription of how to test / prove all things (search the scriptures). And the Bereans were commended for this.

Notice the NIV translation goes as far to say:

Acts 17:11 (NIV84)
11 Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

If Paul is who was being referred to, and 1 John 4:1 shows we are to test even the Holy Spirit... then there are no sacred cows! And beware of those who claim to be one ! ! !

"Touch not God's anointed..." certain televangelists would decry...

Yuck!

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
View attachment 294537 Okay hey guys so basically im scared, there was this guy on the youtube comments and I called him a false teacher but now im just scared I blasphemed the Holy Spirit. I dont wanna commit the unpardonable sin but im scared i did because idk but like i got kind of suspicious on the things he said

The unpardonable sin is a state of heart that refuses to believe the signs given by God. The Pharisees had seen all of Jesus' miracles yet would rather call Him a devil than believe. That was the context of the verses where Jesus talked about the sin.

Anyone "wanting" to repent, and wanting change, has not committed the unpardonable sin. The bible actually tells us that the cross covers our whole lifetime of sins.

Heb 9:27-28 And inasmuch as it is appointed unto men once to die, and after this cometh judgment; so Christ also, having been once offered to bear the sins of many

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay hey guys so basically im scared, there was this guy on the youtube comments and I called him a false teacher but now im just scared I blasphemed the Holy Spirit. I dont wanna commit the unpardonable sin but im scared i did because idk but like i got kind of suspicious on the things he said

Have you crucified Christ twice? If you haven't, you haven't 'blashemed' the Holy Spirit.

Hebrews 6:4-6 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

No man can renew a believer who falls from God's grace. It must be the work of the 3rd person of the Trinity and as believers we can witness and pray for such people. If man tries to crucify Christ again- ie, bring then back to repentance through their own man-made works, or the works of their religious traditions. That is the sin which is unpardonable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FameBright

Jan 20, 2021
Biloxi
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dont wanna commit the unpardonable sin but im scared i did because idk but like i got kind of suspicious on the things he said

On the surface, it does seem like you can just blasphemy God or the Holy Spirit and you would go to Hell no matter what you do even if you repent. There's a bigger picture though. On it's own I don't think it can be true. There were others who blasphemed God and were saved - one of them being Paul.

The only difference is Paul was an unbeliever at the time. The Pharisees, Sadducees, or "Teachers of the Law" actually knew. This was revealed when Jesus basically states, "You know dam well that Satan wouldn't cast out his own Demons." So they all knew but still openly rejected Jesus. They could have cared less if he was the Son of God. All they cared about was that He was interfering with their money-making scheme.

Your intent is totally different from theirs. They were literally trying to thwart God's plan of Jesus saving the World. If that would have happened then all sins against God would be unpardonable.

Upvote 0

Silverback

Feb 13, 2019
South East
✟66,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

If you are concerned about what happened, you did not blaspheme the Holy Spirit. People who commit this sin walk away from God, never to return again. They have no fear or love for God, and they take this sin to the grave with joy and happiness in their heart, cursing God all the way.

Even people whose lives and words betray God for decades, and have openly denied and betrayed him, sometimes return with repentance, sorrow for their sins, and seeking forgiveness...these people, in spite of what they have said, done, and not done, have not committed Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

As I said, people who commit this sin have lost faith, are proud, and happy for that, and take their sins with joy to the grave.

Upvote 0