Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm unable to send pm on here. How do I do it? I click on the profile but I only see options to gift, follow etc.. no way to pm
Members need 20 posts and 5 likes to start a conversation (pm). Looks like you have enough of both now.

Upvote 0

DevastatedNate

Nov 26, 2021
Kentucky
✟20,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
How do you know?
Well I figured I have based off of at least one thing being that after spending years as a militant atheist amd reading what the Pharisees did, I think intent well beyond their level. But I'll say 99.99 percent that I have. I have to not say 100 because I can't for sure amd leave myself some hope.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So I'm a vessel of wrath and have commited the unpardonable sin. I'm being severely punished by God while I'm still alive. My life is utter misery and has been for the better part of the year.

So here is my question: assuming what I've stated above is true, what do I do with my life? I can't truly repent even though in my flesh I'm abstaing from sin the best I can but it's BRUTAL! Should I continue with this and just bless as many people as I can with kindness and gifts, and be as merciful to people as I can? Maybe my punishment in Hell will be a little less?

Firstly you need to understand the cross:

Heb 9:27-28 We die only once, and then we are judged. So Christ died only once to take away the sins of many people.

The death and resurrection of Christ was a life given for our lifetime of sins. From birth to death, all of our sins are covered.

The unpardonable sin is not a one-off "sin", it is a heart of continual rebellion against the truth (the Pharisee's rebellion was one of hating Jesus so much that they preferred to call Him possessed of the devil, rather than take note of his miracles). Any person, you included, can repent at any time in your life, no matter how far you have fallen. Hebrews 6 is a passage often feared by people like yourself, but it says that the person in question, is "crucifying Christ again", but we see above that the cross covers a lifetime of sins. So to really crucify Christ again requires that the person in question has died in their sins.

1Jn 1:9 But if we confess our sins to God, he can always be trusted to forgive us and take our sins away.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟452,402.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well I figured I have based off of at least one thing being that after spending years as a militant atheist amd reading what the Pharisees did, I think intent well beyond their level. But I'll say 99.99 percent that I have. I have to not say 100 because I can't for sure amd leave myself some hope.

The pharisees were 3 meters away from God. Some people say it not even possible today to do this. You should not condemn youself...

Upvote 0

DevastatedNate

Nov 26, 2021
Kentucky
✟20,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Thank you all for your encouraging and uplifting replies. I will continue to proceed forth the best I can do. Your support in this hard time is invaluable.

I would like to post this verse (which I'm familiar with the surrounding story that led to this event)
Samuel 16:14 — King James Version (KJV 1900)
14 But the Spirit of the Lord departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the Lord troubled him

Anyone feel like analyzing this? Clearly it seems torments can be decreed by the Lord..?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Vince53

Oct 22, 2009
Mexico
Visit site
✟37,294.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Scripture tells us that those who accept Christ are predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, and predestined to the adoption of sons. Period.

Predestination to Heaven, to Hell, etc., are human philosophies that contradict God's Word.

Upvote 0

DevastatedNate

Nov 26, 2021
Kentucky
✟20,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
As a teacher, before I answer a student's question, I ask them what they think the answer is. Based on their reply, I guide them into the answer.

So, what do you think is the answer to your questions, the stated and the unstated.
Well that's an interesting angle on it. Well I suppose the answer could be that, regardless of my fate, I should be kind and merciful, which I am, but maybe step it up whether or not it lessens my punishment, because it's good to be kind amd merciful.

As fat as getting saved, maybe find an intercessor to ask God to grant me mercy.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟452,402.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As fat as getting saved, maybe find an intercessor to ask God to grant me mercy.

I felt condemned for some time i thought the exact same thing as that. No kidding.
You should talk to Jesus frequently and tell him everything.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
'm a mess because this incessant tormenting sound never let's me have rest, ever. I do attend church but no affect. I've tried deliverance menisters etc.. now most family thinks I'm a pyschiatric case but I know it's not that.

We go to church to worship, to encourage others, to be encouraged, challenged and instructed.

There is nothing in this story that indicates you are being punished by God, so you were blasphous, so what Paul murdered Christians, yet was not punished, are you a worse sinner than paul?

Again you have presented no evidence to substanciate your belief that your claim that you do not have a mental health problem.

May I suggest that you do seek medical help, untill you have seen a doctor you do not know whether you have a problem or not,

• Agree
Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0

Peter J Barban

Mar 29, 2016
Taiwan
Visit site
✟97,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well that's an interesting angle on it. Well I suppose the answer could be that, regardless of my fate, I should be kind and merciful, which I am, but maybe step it up whether or not it lessens my punishment, because it's good to be kind amd merciful.

As I understand it and consistent with Calvin, all are sinners and deserve hell, but God has chosen to save some. Only God knows who he has chosen, we just look at the evidence and make our educated guesses.

Furthermore, before you are saved, you are a slave to sin and cannot even want to repent and be saved. Even faith is impossible without God's help.

1. If you truly turn to God, repent and believe, you will be saved and you have not actually committed an unpardonable sin.

2. But assuming everything you said is true in the OP, you are just trying to get the easiest hell you can. Tragically, everything a sinner does is sin and the more you know the guiltier you are. So your best path is to know nothing and do nothing, but don't harm yourself as that is a sin as well.

The best choice is to become a hermit (Tibet is nice) and meditate on prime numbers.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,528.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God can save to the uttermost.

Paul was complicit in the murder of Christians.

There is always hope for those who repent.

• Agree
Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0

DevastatedNate

Nov 26, 2021
Kentucky
✟20,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
As I understand it and consistent with Calvin, all are sinners and deserve hell, but God has chosen to save some. Only God knows who he has chosen, we just look at the evidence and make our educated guesses.

Furthermore, before you are saved, you are a slave to sin and cannot even want to repent and be saved. Even faith is impossible without God's help.

1. If you truly turn to God, repent and believe, you will be saved and you have not actually committed an unpardonable sin.

2. But assuming everything you said is true in the OP, you are just trying to get the easiest hell you can. Tragically, everything a sinner does is sin and the more you know the guiltier you are. So your best path is to know nothing and do nothing, but don't harm yourself as that is a sin as well.

The best choice is to become a hermit (Tibet is nice) and meditate on prime numbers.
"Tragically, everything a sinner does is sin"
Gee, that's a jim dandy thought. This is going to sound weird or maybe smart alecky, but I don't intend that as my tone because text cannot convey emotion or intent very well at times. So the next time my best friend and I (who is a Christian) grab a meal at a Chinese buffet, he's filling his belly and being blessed, and every bite I take (eating is necessary) I'm slowly graduating from the 8th circle of Hell to the 9th? Wonderful.. :(

Well I asked, I guess that's what I get. Non of that was intended to be rude toward you at all, I guess I was just trying to come to terms with such a nightmarish reality by thinking of the most innocuous way to sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God can save to the uttermost.

Paul was complicit in the murder of Christians.

There is always hope for those who repent.

I think this is always the best response to someone saying they're unforgivable. Pual was the "chief of sinners" and add to that, David first committing adultery and then committing murder to cover it up.

Upvote 0

DevastatedNate

Nov 26, 2021
Kentucky
✟20,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
We go to church to worship, to encourage others, to be encouraged, challenged and instructed.

There is nothing in this story that indicates you are being punished by God, so you were blasphous, so what Paul murdered Christians, yet was not punished, are you a worse sinner than paul?

Again you have presented no evidence to substanciate your belief that your claim that you do not have a mental health problem.

May I suggest that you do seek medical help, untill you have seen a doctor you do not know whether you have a problem or not,
Interesting, thank you for your reply. I actually see a pyschiatrist and two counselors who are baffled by my case and have failed to diagnose me.. They all suggest I get a brain scan to rule out a tumor on my brain; I've agreed to do.

Okay, Paul was chosen by God to become an apostle. I would argue he may have done this by demonstrating that he could convert and use a terrible sinner to demonstrate his mercy, which is amazing and encouraging . Done similarly with King Manasseh.

In another instance we have King Saul, through his disobedience, had am evil spirit, or troublesome spirit, based on what translation we look at sent to him to torment him. Thankfully God granted him some relief through David's musical performances.

So, with a bad sinner, God can grant as he wishes. So, what WOULD be evidence of punishment from God?
Please don't think my tones are gruff and argumentative, as that's not my intent; I'm just trying to learn with feedback amd response. I appreciate you taking the time to help me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So, what WOULD be evidence of punishment from God?

I look at it the other way round Hebrews 9:27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.
Shows that judgement and as a result punishment comes after we have died.
Revelation also shows people being judged and punished after Jesus's return.

So I would argue that unless a known prophet has told you that you are being punished by God and what you need to do to repent, you are not being punished.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Interesting, thank you for your reply. I actually see a pyschiatrist and two counselors who are baffled by my case and have failed to diagnose me.. They all suggest I get a brain scan to rule out a tumor on my brain; I've agreed to do.

I had one of those done recently because of a head injury. I started laughing because of all the goofy noises the machine was making. Messed up the test a little. When they say to keep still, they mean dead still.

Upvote 0

DevastatedNate

Nov 26, 2021
Kentucky
✟20,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I look at it the other way round Hebrews 9:27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.
Shows that judgement and as a result punishment comes after we have died.
Revelation also shows people being judged and punished after Jesus's return.

So I would argue that unless a known prophet has told you that you are being punished by God and what you need to do to repent, you are not being punished.
I would sever my right leg at the knee to talk to a true prophet of God...

Upvote 0