new england
✟7,726.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
so this is like the previous thread about a girl i love who completely stopped taking to me for over three months.....
so long story short i might not be over her for like a long time, but God's helping me deal with this!
So that helped me come to the realization that i have virtually no friend base, well i have my church family, and my "regular" family. see quotation marks because there really weird and mostly recovering alcoholics or alcoholics or people with drug problems. i know that may be a bad thing to say but its true. the one family member i will hang around with has those problems and she got me into some trouble. and ive done my fair share of stupid and completely absurd things. but im away from that and dont like when im in it
but long story shorter. i have no friends let alone a girlfriend
i think its funny cause my pastor mentioned that its best to have friends in the church and girlfriends but my church is so small, there is no one my age, there all older or really young. and im 19 signed out of high school, waiting to get my ged. god guided me to this. and i have a job. but no social life.
i have no one to call and hang out with. absolutely no one
would there be a way to find a program in my area? any help is appreciated
and btw i am also praying to god about this

lemon-aid stand

Sep 12, 2011
canada
✟422.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
so this is like the previous thread about a girl i love who completely stopped taking to me for over three months.....
so long story short i might not be over her for like a long time, but God's helping me deal with this!
So that helped me come to the realization that i have virtually no friend base, well i have my church family, and my "regular" family. see quotation marks because there really weird and mostly recovering alcoholics or alcoholics or people with drug problems. i know that may be a bad thing to say but its true. the one family member i will hang around with has those problems and she got me into some trouble. and ive done my fair share of stupid and completely absurd things. but im away from that and dont like when im in it
but long story shorter. i have no friends let alone a girlfriend
i think its funny cause my pastor mentioned that its best to have friends in the church and girlfriends but my church is so small, there is no one my age, there all older or really young. and im 19 signed out of high school, waiting to get my ged. god guided me to this. and i have a job. but no social life.
i have no one to call and hang out with. absolutely no one
would there be a way to find a program in my area? any help is appreciated
and btw i am also praying to god about this

hey.. just wanna cover a couple of the things that you typed.. you mentioned that the one family member that you hang around with gets you into trouble.. well, i think that would be two of your problems right there.. first is that you are blaming someone else for getting you into trouble.. your an adult. you are responsible for all of your words and actions.. the other thing is that you are finding fault with the only person that is willing to give you the time of day.. i would think that you might be a little more gracious to them for whatever of them self that they have given yo you.. now, i know that you are quite a young adult.. and at your age i was out robbing banks and doing really crazy things.. so don't beat yourself up.. i was merely showing you that even within ourselves, it is difficult to find any kind of loyalty.. so if we can't even trust in ourself.. then who can we count on.. you my friend have a lot of years for meeting a really nice young lady.. if it is just miss right now that you are looking for. well, maybe God has bigger plans for life.. i am certain that this is the case.. so relax.. kick back and rest in Christ.. use this extra time to equip your mind for the plan that God will eventually reveal to you.. who is to say that you aren't going to become the very next billy graham.. or maybe someone great in government.. that's right.. a politician that is Christ centered.. wow.. now that would be something.. you did mention that you are taking your ged, to graduate.. well then.. this is a time to prepare.. not chase after vain affections from someone that would only at this time, when preparation is so vital. they would only hinder ... you see. you are just lonely.. and i would know this because i am 47 in january/12 and i am single now going on 5 years.. but the difference between you and me is.. as i do feel lonesome at times.. i know that Jesus and a host of angelic beings are right next to me.. i have no doubt about that.. they are there for you also.. i was out to dinner in a city that is an hour away fri night.. as i paid the waitress, she asked about my wife.. then my girlfriend.. and then started to tell me her life story.. you see what she was doing.. she was picking me up.. as lonesome as i am at times. and as pretty as she really is.. i just waited til i was down the street before i tossed her email address away.. now the reason i told you this, is because i do get very lonely.. but, i belong to God.. and for me to allow myself to become unequally yoked with a non believer, could be detrimental to who i am in Christ and thus interfering with God's sovereign plan for my life.. who knows what His plan entales.. we can be certain that if its His plan.. it is going to be great.. just so that you know.. my family has nothing to do with me.. my mom, dad, two sisters and one brother.. non of them.. i have three friends. all married christians.. well, the one is working on his faith as he now has a new bible.. the Lord had me confront him about his ideas on salvation just in time, as the jo-ho's were at his door a couple of times, before i asked.. and they were making headway.. i just pointed out the false doctrines they were teaching him.. by comparing in the "true" Holy Bible, and it was a done deal.. although my friend is no sap.. we both travel for a living. so we never connect.. my other local friend is a married/business man so he is quite busy.. again i am always traveling.. so we also never connect.. and finally my one great friend.. and i stress great.. is a man that i have been friends with for 20 something years, after almost fisting it out when we first met.. at that time neither of us were Christ oriented.. he lives three thousand miles away and i see him when i am in his town, maybe every two mos.. and his wife cannot stand me.. hahaha.. i even bought her a bible.. so i see my friends maybe every one and a half mos because i am gone for about that long.. i only have christian friends.. i know a lot of people.. but, i only have christians as actual friends.. only because we all kinda grew along the same time.. none of my friends are friends with the others.. why i am telling you this. is because i want you to see, that loneliness isn't so overwhelming.. and it is one of the tools that the Lord uses to teach and discipline those whom love Him.. as you get older you will see that God will provide everything along the lines of fellowship to you as He seea it fitting into His plan for your life.. you my young friend are also a part of the same body as myself and all true christians.. so you are never really alone.. we are all very concerned for you well being.. we want your life along with our own lives to be a tribute to God's sovereign plan.. we are genuinely prepared to be at your beckon call if it will be required to edify you spiritually and of course the entire body of Christ.. hey.. i love you.. we all love you.. please be patient in waiting on God's plan.. again use this time to grow in your faith.. and know that whenever you wanna.. just start talking to Jesus.. He promises that He will never leave us[the believer].. so what is stopping you.. He loves you and wants to have a conversation.. He desires fellowship with you.. in Jesus.. ps> just so you know my young friend.. i will wait on the Lord.. i will not let my physical desires ensnare me, causing me miss out on His plan..

Upvote 0

seedwah

oh goodie! wait!? who are you again?
Oct 25, 2011
new england
✟7,726.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
hey.. just wanna cover a couple of the things that you typed.. you mentioned that the one family member that you hang around with gets you into trouble.. well, i think that would be two of your problems right there.. first is that you are blaming someone else for getting you into trouble.. your an adult. you are responsible for all of your words and actions.. the other thing is that you are finding fault with the only person that is willing to give you the time of day.. i would think that you might be a little more gracious to them for whatever of them self that they have given yo you.. now, i know that you are quite a young adult.. and at your age i was out robbing banks and doing really crazy things.. so don't beat yourself up.. i was merely showing you that even within ourselves, it is difficult to find any kind of loyalty.. so if we can't even trust in ourself.. then who can we count on.. you my friend have a lot of years for meeting a really nice young lady.. if it is just miss right now that you are looking for. well, maybe God has bigger plans for life.. i am certain that this is the case.. so relax.. kick back and rest in Christ.. use this extra time to equip your mind for the plan that God will eventually reveal to you.. who is to say that you aren't going to become the very next billy graham.. or maybe someone great in government.. that's right.. a politician that is Christ centered.. wow.. now that would be something.. you did mention that you are taking your ged, to graduate.. well then.. this is a time to prepare.. not chase after vain affections from someone that would only at this time, when preparation is so vital. they would only hinder ... you see. you are just lonely.. and i would know this because i am 47 in january/12 and i am single now going on 5 years.. but the difference between you and me is.. as i do feel lonesome at times.. i know that Jesus and a host of angelic beings are right next to me.. i have no doubt about that.. they are there for you also.. i was out to dinner in a city that is an hour away fri night.. as i paid the waitress, she asked about my wife.. then my girlfriend.. and then started to tell me her life story.. you see what she was doing.. she was picking me up.. as lonesome as i am at times. and as pretty as she really is.. i just waited til i was down the street before i tossed her email address away.. now the reason i told you this, is because i do get very lonely.. but, i belong to God.. and for me to allow myself to become unequally yoked with a non believer, could be detrimental to who i am in Christ and thus interfering with God's sovereign plan for my life.. who knows what His plan entales.. we can be certain that if its His plan.. it is going to be great.. just so that you know.. my family has nothing to do with me.. my mom, dad, two sisters and one brother.. non of them.. i have three friends. all married christians.. well, the one is working on his faith as he now has a new bible.. the Lord had me confront him about his ideas on salvation just in time, as the jo-ho's were at his door a couple of times, before i asked.. and they were making headway.. i just pointed out the false doctrines they were teaching him.. by comparing in the "true" Holy Bible, and it was a done deal.. although my friend is no sap.. we both travel for a living. so we never connect.. my other local friend is a married/business man so he is quite busy.. again i am always traveling.. so we also never connect.. and finally my one great friend.. and i stress great.. is a man that i have been friends with for 20 something years, after almost fisting it out when we first met.. at that time neither of us were Christ oriented.. he lives three thousand miles away and i see him when i am in his town, maybe every two mos.. and his wife cannot stand me.. hahaha.. i even bought her a bible.. so i see my friends maybe every one and a half mos because i am gone for about that long.. i only have christian friends.. i know a lot of people.. but, i only have christians as actual friends.. only because we all kinda grew along the same time.. none of my friends are friends with the others.. why i am telling you this. is because i want you to see, that loneliness isn't so overwhelming.. and it is one of the tools that the Lord uses to teach and discipline those whom love Him.. as you get older you will see that God will provide everything along the lines of fellowship to you as He seea it fitting into His plan for your life.. you my young friend are also a part of the same body as myself and all true christians.. so you are never really alone.. we are all very concerned for you well being.. we want your life along with our own lives to be a tribute to God's sovereign plan.. we are genuinely prepared to be at your beckon call if it will be required to edify you spiritually and of course the entire body of Christ.. hey.. i love you.. we all love you.. please be patient in waiting on God's plan.. again use this time to grow in your faith.. and know that whenever you wanna.. just start talking to Jesus.. He promises that He will never leave us[the believer].. so what is stopping you.. He loves you and wants to have a conversation.. He desires fellowship with you.. in Jesus.. ps> just so you know my young friend.. i will wait on the Lord.. i will not let my physical desires ensnare me, causing me miss out on His plan..

so thank you for the very long imformative piece of info. it may have sounded like i was hitting on her but im not. yes someone can get you into trouble.
i.e. they get you to hang out with themselves but they have other friends with them that they never told you about. so your in the car with them and there doing "stuff" and your stuck there cause if you say your not part of this, and your getting out then your left in the middle of a nasty city with gangs and rapists who are ready to rob you. how do you explain that to your parents. thats why ive been getting away to it. but sincerely thank you
i do pray to god about it

Upvote 0