Us
✟43,770.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This morning I had to get up and leave my office to go downstairs and put something away so I left this box in the center of my table. I cam back upstairs a minute later and it was on the floor. I have no windows, so no draft, there was nothing to push it off, and nobody else was home. So...what the hell happened. I know we as christians arent supposed to believe in ghosts but im really having a hard time here.

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟27,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
About a week ago I woke up one morning and my belt was across my neck - I had left it laying at the foot of the bed. I had been having some pretty intense spiritual warfare that week so my first thought was that the enemy was losing and desperate to scare me. I laughed out loud and said essentially, "Is that the best you got? Pretty pathetic. Blast off!"

That's what I encourage you to do. It hasn't bothered me in the least since. Take it as a sign that the Lord is winning!

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,995.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know we as christians arent supposed to believe in ghosts but...
We just do not believe that ghosts are the spirits of dead people. They very much exist, but they are just poorly disguised demons.
Jesus set people free from demons all throughout the Gospels.

Rule out natural causes first, but if these things persist, get in touch with churches that know about deliverance.
(Links above are locators.)

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This morning I had to get up and leave my office to go downstairs and put something away so I left this box in the center of my table. I cam back upstairs a minute later and it was on the floor. I have no windows, so no draft, there was nothing to push it off, and nobody else was home. So...what the hell happened. I know we as christians arent supposed to believe in ghosts but im really having a hard time here.
Eph 6 says our warfare is not against humans but rather against the powers of darkness (demons, the devil) . We are not in a battle against dead humans. That is not even "a thing". "The living know that they will die but the dead know not anything" Eccl 9:5

So the right thing to do is to place your faith and trust in God - claim His promises in Eph 6 each time something like what you have stated above arises to cause any kind of concern in your mind.

The devil is bigger and stronger and smarter than any human could ever be -- so the very fact that you are doing just fine and that the only thing that is "different" is that a "a box is gently moved" - is proof that it is God's all powerful angels and His Spirit that is on guard and holding all the forces of evil at bay so that they do little or nothing. Rejoice that the army on your side is stronger by far than the enemy.

And do nothing, zip, nada ... to push your friends - the army of God - away from you. As if you are making your own choice to serve the enemy. Keep your mind fixed on Christ - not fixed on the enemy.

Upvote 0