When some hear God and others don't. The impact can be very important.

rodm1974

May 28, 2014
✟17,698.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We went thru a very difficult time, as Americans this last 4 years... What amazed me was what I heard, from the Lord, but more than that, what my friends, neighbors, and even my family did NOT hear. Let me give you a couple examples.

When the news hit about the vax, I was walking past the TV, the news was on. They were talking about the shot.. All of a sudden, the Lord speaks and says "They are lying to you"

Then when news hit about the Ukraine war, I knew, Putin (even though a bad man) was not the bad guy in this, it was US.

So to my shock none of my family or Christian friends were hearing anything, and or definitely not the same thing as myself.

Now if it wasn't for my long history with the Lord and hearing His voice, and seeing it never fail, I guess I could say oh well, I guess I'm wrong. But I can not.

I'm still trying to sort thru all of this. But you can see my dilemma. Blessings

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,373.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Then you already know, when God speaks to us, we can asks for clarity and if there's anything He wants us to do. Sometimes it's to pray. There's always a purpose. As you said the impact is important.
"I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him." I Kings 19:18 But Elijah was the one who challenged the false prophets on mount Carmel. It wasn't his idea. "...Elijah the prophet came near, and said, Lord God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, let it be known this day that thou art God in Israel, and that I am thy servant, and that I have done all these things at thy word." I Kings 18:36

Last edited:
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
That doesn't mean the Lord didn't address it or deliver the same to others. Receptivity is impacted by biases, beliefs, influences and environment. While you were told they were lying about the vaccine I knew something was amiss when the ships were stuck at sea. My alarm wouldn't abate and I knew the culprit was demonic.

I never believed the spiel about the war or events that occurred since its origin. Nor was I deceived about the machinations of political parties. I used the analogy of a tree and branches to demonstrate the principal but most hold true to their leanings.

Truth is foremost. We must be willing to change. Willing to admit we're wrong. Willing to acknowledge our ignorance and uncertainty. I'm intelligent but I don't know everything. I prefer to run things through my spirit. But like others I have biases and leanings and I know they're there. Sometimes they remain. Sometimes the Lord challenges them. Sometimes a better way presents itself and I shift.

I want to hear from God. I may not like what He says or agree with His position. But I want Him to keep speaking nonetheless. That and the other are key components to hearing from God as is fellowship. I doubt He ignored the others. A loving Father wouldn't. Maybe they're ignoring Him.

There is the other side of truth few discuss. Every revelation carries a mandate. We're responsible for the things He entrusts. When knowledge is dispensed it happens for a reason. Even when it appears it's for our edification. A response lies in wait at some point. Whether it's literal or internal depends on the situation.

We should pray ardently for the Lord's counsel and extra helpings of the spirit of knowledge, wisdom, understanding, counsel and discernment to rest on our heads.

~bella

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0