An Intelligent Designer
Sep 21, 2005
✟632.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
KerrMetric said:
For mileage between oil changes yes, for discussing the age of the human species then no.

And your proof is what? The decay curve for measuring rock age? Yeah, that's good stuff. I just wish it was something we can all see. But that's right, we can all just imagine. I'll go watch National Geographic now. Maybe they will slip in a worldview or two while they are describing monkeys.

Upvote 0

KerrMetric

Oct 2, 2005
Pasadena, CA
✟6,671.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
TheRealSkeptic said:
And your proof is what? The decay curve for measuring rock age? Yeah, that's good stuff. I just wish it was something we can all see. But that's right, we can all just imagine. I'll go watch National Geographic now. Maybe they will slip in a worldview or two while they are describing monkeys.

You can't see an electron but I bet you believe the slowly drift along a wire and provide a current don't you?

Upvote 0

TheRealSkeptic

An Intelligent Designer
Sep 21, 2005
✟632.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
KerrMetric said:
You can't see an electron but I bet you believe the slowly drift along a wire and provide a current don't you?

You can test it, it has been shown to conform to a mathematical concept or two. Natural selection has none of that. No one knows what the limits to it are because it's already assumed to be limitless. unfalsifiable.

Upvote 0

KerrMetric

Oct 2, 2005
Pasadena, CA
✟6,671.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
TheRealSkeptic said:
You can test it, it has been shown to conform to a mathematical concept or two. Natural selection has none of that. No one knows what the limits to it are because it's already assumed to be limitless. unfalsifiable.

Actually if evolution produced the chimeric nonsense that Creationists ascribe to it in their cartoonlike version of it then that would falsify natural selection.

Upvote 0

TheRealSkeptic

An Intelligent Designer
Sep 21, 2005
✟632.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
KerrMetric said:
Actually if evolution produced the chimeric nonsense that Creationists ascribe to it in their cartoonlike version of it then that would falsify natural selection.

Yeah, and what's the difference between hybridization and speciation?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KerrMetric

Oct 2, 2005
Pasadena, CA
✟6,671.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
TheRealSkeptic said:
How does speciation relate to hybridization? Any takers? Or are we going to be talking about pinecones to people? I want a serious answer.

I already gave you the answer. Why not, shock - horror, Google. I'm sure there is something on this exact point.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Grengor

GrenAce
May 10, 2005
Oakley, California
✟18,998.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Republican
TheRealSkeptic said:
How is it that natural selection is purposeless, yet the word 'selection' implies purpose?
OK, gawd, in case you still don't get natural selection, here's a brief summary: It has no "finish line", it has no "goal", it's non random, and it happens every day.

Upvote 0

TheRealSkeptic

An Intelligent Designer
Sep 21, 2005
✟632.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Grengor said:
OK, gawd, in case you still don't get natural selection, here's a brief summary: It has no "finish line", it has no "goal", it's non random, and it happens every day.

My point exactly. It's limitless.

Once upon a time, you had nothing to select, so what caused it?

So natural selection is not purposeful?

Upvote 0