Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
...So I've been wrestling with this thing for some time now. And that 'thing' happens to be that the Holy Bible does indeed allow for the evolution of certain species. From Genesis Chapter 1, verse 11, folks:

"11Then God said, "Let the earth sprout (S)vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees on the earth bearing fruit after their kind with seed in them"; and it was so. 12The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed after their kind, and trees bearing fruit with seed in them, after their kind; and God saw that it was good."

Here, it's the "earth" doing the creating, which leaves open the door for an evolutionist explination. And, from Genesis 1:24:

"24(AC)Then God said, "Let the earth bring forth living creatures after their kind: cattle and creeping things and beasts of the earth after their kind"; and it was so."

But I STIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL maintain that God (our loving Creator) created man. Just go read Genesis, Chapter 1 Verses 26 and 27.

God didit, done! :amen:
The Bible is not a science textbook:

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟147,302.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
...So I've been wrestling with this thing for some time now. And that 'thing' happens to be that the Holy Bible does indeed allow for the evolution of certain species. From Genesis Chapter 1, verse 11, folks:

"11Then God said, "Let the earth sprout (S)vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees on the earth bearing fruit after their kind with seed in them"; and it was so. 12The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed after their kind, and trees bearing fruit with seed in them, after their kind; and God saw that it was good."

Here, it's the "earth" doing the creating, which leaves open the door for an evolutionist explination. And, from Genesis 1:24:

"24(AC)Then God said, "Let the earth bring forth living creatures after their kind: cattle and creeping things and beasts of the earth after their kind"; and it was so."

But I STIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL maintain that God (our loving Creator) created man. Just go read Genesis, Chapter 1 Verses 26 and 27.

God didit, done! :amen:
" STILL"? Does that count if you
know nothing about evolution?

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟147,302.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hawking provesd there was a beginning. The First Three Words.

BTW, that song by the Who; I don't know what it's called, but goes along like, "I call that a bargain... The best I ever had..." could be construed as one man who came to Christ. Just listen to all the lyrics. I sincerely believe this song was written and sung to the glory of God, unless the Who made it explicit otherwise.

The Who STIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL isn't as great as the greatest Christian rock band ever: U2! :amen:
Nothing is proved by science.
You cite Hawkins as the final
authority ( as if ), but not Darwin?

Upvote 0