US
✟356.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
...So I've been wrestling with this thing for some time now. And that 'thing' happens to be that the Holy Bible does indeed allow for the evolution of certain species. From Genesis Chapter 1, verse 11, folks:

"11Then God said, "Let the earth sprout (S)vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees on the earth bearing fruit after their kind with seed in them"; and it was so. 12The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed after their kind, and trees bearing fruit with seed in them, after their kind; and God saw that it was good."

Here, it's the "earth" doing the creating, which leaves open the door for an evolutionist explination. And, from Genesis 1:24:

"24(AC)Then God said, "Let the earth bring forth living creatures after their kind: cattle and creeping things and beasts of the earth after their kind"; and it was so."

But I STIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL maintain that God (our loving Creator) created man. Just go read Genesis, Chapter 1 Verses 26 and 27.

God didit, done! :amen:

Dragon02

Jul 6, 2005
California
✟431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Literal genesis is wrong. You consider everything through a sort of filter, if you will; anything that contradicts genesis is obviously wrong. Doesn't matter what kind of evidence it has, if it goes against genesis, then it is obviously wrong. The Bible is not absolute. Nothing is.

Upvote 0

Peris

May 23, 2005
✟179.00
Faith
Agnostic
compromising compromising compromising

why would you take a story written thousands of years ago in a time when people believed rats materialised out of garbage over scientific evidence?
Man evolved just like the other animals, we really arn't that different from them except for our intelligence. Why would we be more special than the other animals?

Upvote 0
G

GoSeminoles!

The Bible Thumper said:
...So I've been wrestling with this thing for some time now. And that 'thing' happens to be that the Holy Bible does indeed allow for the evolution of certain species. From Genesis Chapter 1, verse 11, folks:

"11Then God said, "Let the earth sprout (S)vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees on the earth bearing fruit after their kind with seed in them"; and it was so. 12The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed after their kind, and trees bearing fruit with seed in them, after their kind; and God saw that it was good."

Here, it's the "earth" doing the creating, which leaves open the door for an evolutionist explination. And, from Genesis 1:24:

"24(AC)Then God said, "Let the earth bring forth living creatures after their kind: cattle and creeping things and beasts of the earth after their kind"; and it was so."

But I STIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL maintain that God (our loving Creator) created man. Just go read Genesis, Chapter 1 Verses 26 and 27.

Well, it's a start. Just remember there are millions of good Christians who accept evolution and believe in God.

Upvote 0

The Bible Thumper

Mar 14, 2005
US
✟356.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Dragon02 said:
Literal genesis is wrong. You consider everything through a sort of filter, if you will; anything that contradicts genesis is obviously wrong. Doesn't matter what kind of evidence it has, if it goes against genesis, then it is obviously wrong. The Bible is not absolute. Nothing is.
While the Bible stated clearly that there was indeed a Beginning, Physicist Dr. Albert Einstein believed that there was no beginning. That we live in a 'static' Universe.

This was the modus aparandii of current thought among the physics community before Dr. Steven Hawking showed them all wrong by his work proving the first three words of the Holy Bible in 1976. He proved what we knew all along. The book of Genesis has stood the test of time. Einstein's worldview did not. I shall stand by the truth; not flawed worldviews.

Upvote 0

The Bible Thumper

Mar 14, 2005
US
✟356.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Peris said:
compromising compromising compromising

why would you take a story written thousands of years ago in a time when people believed rats materialised out of garbage over scientific evidence?
Man evolved just like the other animals, we really arn't that different from them except for our intelligence. Why would we be more special than the other animals?
Why care for my opinion if you have already made up your mind? Re-read your post: It begs that I answer a question while at the same time makes clear that the question had already been answered by you.:scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nvxplorer

Senior Contributor
Jun 17, 2005
✟20,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
The Bible Thumper said:
While the Bible stated clearly that there was indeed a Beginning, Physicist Dr. Albert Einstein believed that there was no beginning. That we live in a 'static' Universe.

This was the modus aparandii of current thought among the physics community before Dr. Steven Hawking showed them all wrong by his work proving the first three words of the Holy Bible in 1976. He proved what we knew all along. The book of Genesis has stood the test of time. Einstein's worldview did not. I shall stand by the truth; not flawed worldviews.
Hawking did not prove God created the universe. On its own, “In the beginning” is a meaningless phrase.

Upvote 0

The Bible Thumper

Mar 14, 2005
US
✟356.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
nvxplorer said:
Hawking did not prove God created the universe. On its own, “In the beginning” is a meaningless phrase.
Hawking provesd there was a beginning. The First Three Words.

BTW, that song by the Who; I don't know what it's called, but goes along like, "I call that a bargain... The best I ever had..." could be construed as one man who came to Christ. Just listen to all the lyrics. I sincerely believe this song was written and sung to the glory of God, unless the Who made it explicit otherwise.

The Who STIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL isn't as great as the greatest Christian rock band ever: U2! :amen:

Upvote 0

Edx

Senior Veteran
Apr 3, 2005
✟5,474.00
Faith
Atheist
The Bible Thumper said:
could be construed as one man who came to Christ. Just listen to all the lyrics. I sincerely believe this song was written and sung to the glory of God, unless the Who made it explicit otherwise.

The Who STIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL isn't as great as the greatest Christian rock band ever: U2! :amen:

Heres a good song, Dear God by XTC covered by Sarah Mclachlan.

[url="http://home.comcast.net/~aronra/Sarah_McLachlan_-_Dear_God.mp3"]http://home.comcast.net/~aronra/Sarah_McLachlan_-_Dear_God.mp3[/url][url="http://home.comcast.net/~aronra/Sarah_McLachlan_-_Dear_God.mp3"]
[/url]

Upvote 0

nvxplorer

Senior Contributor
Jun 17, 2005
✟20,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
The Bible Thumper said:
Hawking provesd there was a beginning. The First Three Words.

BTW, that song by the Who; I don't know what it's called, but goes along like, "I call that a bargain... The best I ever had..." could be construed as one man who came to Christ. Just listen to all the lyrics. I sincerely believe this song was written and sung to the glory of God, unless the Who made it explicit otherwise.

“In the beginning” means nothing. Are you willing to say Hawking proved Emerson, Lake & Palmer are prophets? How many fairy tales open with, “In the beginning?” Does Genesis go on to state, “In the beginning was the big bang?”

You’re grasping for straws.

Upvote 0

TheRealSkeptic

An Intelligent Designer
Sep 21, 2005
✟632.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
The Bible Thumper said:

Natural selection and mutations will never produce a molecular machine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheRealSkeptic

An Intelligent Designer
Sep 21, 2005
✟632.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
The Bible Thumper said:

Natural selection and mutations will never produce a code.

Upvote 0

TheRealSkeptic

An Intelligent Designer
Sep 21, 2005
✟632.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Please nail down for me a hard definition of natural selection. The darn thing cannot be falsified. Just seems to fit right in with everything. And guess what?--A little bit of mutations, and bam!--Instant molecular machines all spawning simultaneously to produce that one and only common ancestor cell. That pesky DNA molecule with all of those sequenced nucleotides...Those are just purposeless chemical reactions.

Yep, no purpose, everything is blind.

But the only ones blind are the ones who believe it.

Upvote 0

Norseman

EAC Representative
Apr 29, 2004
Currently in China
✟13,677.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The Bible Thumper said:
Where does it say in the Holy Book that there's only 6,000 years' worth of life? :scratch:

If you do the math, the Bible says that Adam and Eve were around about 6,000 years ago. Since there was only a week before that during which Earth was made, a 6,000 year old Earth based on the Bible is reasonable.

Upvote 0

TheRealSkeptic

An Intelligent Designer
Sep 21, 2005
✟632.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Norseman said:
If you do the math, the Bible says that Adam and Eve were around about 6,000 years ago. Since there was only a week before that during which Earth was made, a 6,000 year old Earth based on the Bible is reasonable.

Seeing as though the population of man keeps increasing exponentially, it had to begin sometime with just 2.

Upvote 0