Visit site
✟15,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi! I'm from N.E. Ohio...a village somewhere between Cleveland, Warren, and Akron (closer to Warren...about and hour from Cleveland and Akron). I've been in Ohio all of my life...and only out of the state like 4 times. Born and raised ,till I was about 11, in Euclid (does anyone here attend St. Felicitas? I don't attend a Catholic church anymore but that church is very special to me.) Then my family moved out here to the "country". Couldn't wait to get out of here. After I finally did I moved to Cleveland (East side), then Hudson, then Columbus, then Akron, then Cuyahoga Falls, then Cleveland (West side...although I spent most of my time in the warehouse district and the flats back then!), and finally I ended up moving back here and buying the house my family had and fixing all of the neglect...guess I wasn't really wanting to get away from here but the way it was when I was a kid. I love Ohio and I don't think I'd rather live anywhere else.

One question...does anyone remember REAL Ohio winters? Seems like they've become really mild with spurts of "real" weather...and out this way the thunderstorms we use to get in the summer don't seem to be nearly as often, long, or enjoyable...am I just getting old and loosing it? Where I am, Northern Portage Co., we're just out on the edge of the snow belt with a large hill in Hiram (if any of you know where that is) that seems to block stuff alot....but the hill has been there forever so the weather must have changed. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

BTW...I would have to say my vote goes to Cedar Point. The lines are long on a good day for the coasters (which is all I spend my time on anymore) but well worth it! Besides Cedar Point I have only ever been to Six Flags once...last summer. It was good..but I still keep calling it Geauga Lake!

Upvote 0

LilAngelHeart

~Nope,nothing wrong here~
Sep 18, 2002
I live in the Midwest,
Visit site
✟2,714.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Hi there!

Yes I remember those real winters here and yes they have gotten pretty mild now, not nearly as much snow as there used to be. I remember when snow would hit the ground and not leave till like spring! LOL! Now, like you said there are spurts here and there.

Yes, Six Flags it will always be Geauga Lake to me too! :D

Upvote 0

Spidey76

CF's Webslinger
Sep 26, 2003
Northeast Ohio
✟17,396.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
straightforward said:
Where I am, Northern Portage Co., we're just out on the edge of the snow belt with a large hill in Hiram (if any of you know where that is)
Never been there, but I am familar w/ it - I have a friend on your side of the woods & down - lives in Diamond (or Palmyra)!
From Summit County myself & never lived outside the county in my 27 years. :wave:

Upvote 0

JesusRox

HuMMmmMMm
Jun 25, 2003
✟3,927.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hesmyall said:
Hello to all the new comers! We are getting a taste of a real Ohio winter right now. Its snowing like crazy right now. I just hope it doesn't last very long.

There's a few inches out in my backyard. I just looked at weather.com and it says it feels like 3°. :sick: I'm just glad I'm homeschooled now so I don't have to walk in it anymore. :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SoccerAaron

Soccer Fairy
Feb 8, 2003
Ohio
✟8,076.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
eutychus37 said:
E-Beth,

I'm not a Buckeye, but I'd have to say Cedar Point for their hospitality, workers, and coasters. The only good things King's Island has that CP doesn't: free water park,
Did you hear?
They're closing it.

Any Licking County people?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.