Visit site
✟25,726.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Sleepy Jean: Ashtabula, huh? In between college and law school a couple o years ago, I decided to drive to all those odd places in NE OH that I'd never seen, and I gotta say that while Ashtabula itself wasn't much to look at, Ashtabula-on-the-Lake was so cool. Just a weird looking little Great Lakes port town, like straight out of a movie.

Lilangelheart : I lived in the Heights for that year (on Belmar off Mayfield) - did you know CleveHeights is one of two cities in all of OH that has a bomb-sniffing robot? That's right, a bomb-sniffing robot. I can't remember how much they spent on it, but it was some outrageous amount of money. Good to know that the city with some of the highest property taxes in the state is spending its money wisely, huh? Did that rad little vegan soul-food place on Coventry close? I know it was on the brink for a while, but i'd be bummed if it closed, since it's one of my first stops when I come home for the holidays. Come to think of it, that's kind of weird since I'm neither a vegan nor a black nationalist (the staff was - i think it may have been a co-op-y kinda place). go figure.

Upvote 0

Roald

Veteran
Aug 30, 2003
Chicago
Visit site
✟16,581.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
burrow_owl said:
Sleepy Jean: Ashtabula, huh? In between college and law school a couple o years ago, I decided to drive to all those odd places in NE OH that I'd never seen, and I gotta say that while Ashtabula itself wasn't much to look at, Ashtabula-on-the-Lake was so cool. Just a weird looking little Great Lakes port town, like straight out of a movie.

Lilangelheart : I lived in the Heights for that year (on Belmar off Mayfield) - did you know CleveHeights is one of two cities in all of OH that has a bomb-sniffing robot? That's right, a bomb-sniffing robot. I can't remember how much they spent on it, but it was some outrageous amount of money. Good to know that the city with some of the highest property taxes in the state is spending its money wisely, huh? Did that rad little vegan soul-food place on Coventry close? I know it was on the brink for a while, but i'd be bummed if it closed, since it's one of my first stops when I come home for the holidays. Come to think of it, that's kind of weird since I'm neither a vegan nor a black nationalist (the staff was - i think it may have been a co-op-y kinda place). go figure.
Which Coventry restaurant are you talking about? Tommy's? It's still open

Upvote 0

LilAngelHeart

~Nope,nothing wrong here~
Sep 18, 2002
I live in the Midwest,
Visit site
✟2,714.00
Faith
Pentecostal
burrow_owl said:

Hey there! :wave:

A bomb sniffing robot? No I didn't know that! LOL! That's good to know! :pink: Vegan soul food place on coventry? Hmmm... I don't know that one. LOL! When I go out I will look for that! I'll give it a try! :cool: :yum: Sounds cool. :) I'm always going down Coventry too! LOL! Name a thing that it's next to, I might have seen it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Roald

Veteran
Aug 30, 2003
Chicago
Visit site
✟16,581.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
burrow_owl said:
no, not Tommy's (mmmm.....Tommy's....). It's just a little south of mayfield on Coventry, across from the Record Exchange, and right by that new age bookstore. I think the sign acrtually said 'Vegan Soul Food.'
I don't think that that restaurant is still around, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LilAngelHeart

~Nope,nothing wrong here~
Sep 18, 2002
I live in the Midwest,
Visit site
✟2,714.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Hesmyall said:
Hi all you Ohioans!:wave: I live in the only city that has a tower that's terminal and a lake that's erie...which of course is Cleveland.

Hello Hesmyall!:wave: LOL! I love Tower City, you go there a lot? Did you go see the lighting of the Christmas lights downtown? :):angel:

Upvote 0

HesMyAll

Senior Contributor
Nov 4, 2002
Ohio
✟18,278.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
lilangelheart said:
Hello Hesmyall!:wave: LOL! I love Tower City, you go there a lot? Did you go see the lighting of the Christmas lights downtown? :):angel:
Hi there!:wave: I have been to Tower City several times but I really hate downtown. Parking is a nightmare and so is traffic. I prefer the malls like Great Northern, Parmatown, Southgate, etc.
I haven't been to the lighting display for many years now.
Have you been to the Festival of Lights at the Cleveland Zoo? I take my daughter every year. We like to go when its really cold out because then the wolves are very active and a lot of fun to watch.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.