I am a sieve.
Dec 7, 2007
Colorado.
✟19,165.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Lately my sense of motivation towards my school has become pretty much zero. I really don't feel any reason to keep doing my school work... Well, most of it anyway, like my math, and Chemistry. I just don't see myself needing to do any of that stuff when I grow older, mainly because I don't even know if I'm gonna go to college, if I do, it'll just be for a short while. You know, we just get taught things we'll need if we're an engineer or some scientist. They're saying America is quickly becoming one of the dumbest nations in the world, and I think that's true. It's not because we're dumb, but it's because I feel like we mainly lack freedom. I guess I just love being outside too much, I want to go into forestry, or photography, one of the two. Being in Yahweh's good earth, there's truthfully nothing like it. I just don't want to feel this way though, I need to do my school, I mean, it's not like I'm dumb or anything, it's just, I'm not absorbing the information because it just strikes me as somewhat unneeded knowledge in my life. When am I going to need to use a lot of the math I've learned, when am I going to need to know the mass of an atom? Or the composition of an acid? I won't, not where I'm going... but, my parents beg to differ. My dad, having a PhD and all, and my grandparents being engineers, I feel like I have to go and do something extraordinary, but I don't want to. I'm not happy in the suburbs, I'm not happy with a nice car, or sitting under a sky of fluorescent lights looking at a computer monitor or solving a math problem. I just see no benefit in that, all we create in this earth will decay as we lie in the ground anyway. Depressing, but true. Our Father doesn't want us stocking up on things in this earth just so we can die and lose it all. That's what I figure, I don't want a huge house, or a nice car. Honestly, I want a small little house in the mountains somewhere with an old Toyota 4Runner. I just want simplicity again, and I want some freedom. I just have a hard time finding motivation to do things that will serve no benefit to me in the future. It's like, I study hard for something, waste hours, then write it down on a piece of paper, turn it in, and I never even will think of it again. I have been having this motivation problem a lot lately, and it's honestly bugging me. I want to work hard, but it's just useless seeming to me... I don't do anything anymore but math, chemistry, and an overload of spanish homework. I don't mind spanish though, it's easy, and I can actually use it considering my girlfriend is from Spain... Ah I guess I'll end this rant, due to a need of mine to sleep, by asking if any of you have had this problem? If so, how have you overcome it? I just want to keep my grades at the standard I've set, as I have been able to do for my entire life. I've never gotten below a C, and now it's getting to the point where I fear that may happen. Any advice to help me get back on track?
Your time is greatly appreciated.

M

MissElizabeth

Ah mate, I know exactly what ya mean! Ever since starting home school and getting in the senior studies, half of it seems so useless, like advanced algebra, or advanced English, or advanced Biology! Who cares! I'm never gonna study any of them. Oh well, my parents say the same thing: take hold of a good education while you can.
As to how to keep focused, I basically like to look at my monthly averages and see my grades are staying up, and know that I don't have long till it'll all be over.

Upvote 0

HarborOrange

I am a sieve.
Dec 7, 2007
Colorado.
✟19,165.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, haha, you know, it's just tiring to study all this stuff I'll never need. I feel like it's kind of a waste of time.
But, you're right, I might as well take advantage of my education while I can. I enjoy getting good grades, I just have had a hard time motivating myself to bother trying to ace classes which contain things I don't need to know.
Lol, but oh well, I'll just kinda go about it that way, trying to enjoy seeing my grades go up.

Upvote 0
M

MissElizabeth

Lol! My Dad always says, "You might not think you need this knowledge now, but you can never know what the future holds! Acing a subject that your not interested is definitely hard, and even worse when you don't fully understand it. I'm really particular on my grades (except for a couple of books I just want to get out the way lol!) and I find it seems to work a bit. But anyways, give it a shot, I trust you'll do just fine!

Upvote 0

HarborOrange

I am a sieve.
Dec 7, 2007
Colorado.
✟19,165.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, haha, that's a good quote of his. Lol, it is true, I need to stay focused and all that, and keep my grades up. I enjoy getting the best grades I can. It's just hard to bother when you know that once you finish some sort of subject, you'll never use the skill you learned again. I just feel like it's a waste of time to learn things you don't need to know, like I could have spent it learning better things that I need to, or want to, know. Haha.
Yeah, I'll give your advice a shot though. Lol.
Thanks!

Upvote 0

JesusChristIsKing

Oct 8, 2006
Estonia
✟15,286.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I know what you mean man, been having the same thoughts a ton and been thinking things over and over. What it comes down to right now, at this point in your life is simply developing your mind. That's all there is to it. Don't think of it as "I probably won't ever need this at any point of my life". Math as a subject is taught mostly because it develops the brain. Later on in life your mind will be accustomed to doing more complex things and solving more difficult issues if you have developed it in an early age.

Like you said yourself, you know you'll feel good when you've managed to do something on time and understood the subject. Just take it as it comes now. Later on in life, you'll have a ton of time to do things that you love to do. That is, if you go about things right now.

Obviously I don't have any answers. I'm at a very weird point of my life as it is and am struggling to figure out what to do next. The thing is enjoy the time when you don't have to take that much responsibility and when the time comes to decide, follow your heart. Don't go in for something that is not what you feel like doing. It will be of no use.

Upvote 0

meowmix

The Talking Cat
Jan 15, 2006
Lurking in the fields of Central Illinois..
✟38,095.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
okay. I'm in 8th grade right now you know? And when I was in 6th grade I was the third smartest in class I got all B's and 1 A. But then I moved to this new place 2 hours away from were I used to live, and A new school.. This school is a Charter school. And Its one of the smartest schools in the area. Even though its also one of the smallest.. anyways, I cant comprehend the way we learn things in this school... So I'm in 7th grade in this new school.. I got down to D's And now in 8th grade.. I'm About to fail. I might have to repeat. My parents yell at me and beg me to stop being so lazy from reading, Daydreaming, playing on electronics, and Drawing.... Ive been grounded from electronics, and everything... Unless I get my grades up. So this is what I did.. I slapped myself in the face, Got my schoolwork out studied it and did it.. But here's the catch.. I also have a science fair project due in 7 days. I need to do that. I'm working my butt off doing it. I do NOT want to do it.. I wanna go in my room.. read, or play with my keyboard.. and think about how im gonna die or why people are so stupid to let their earth fall like this........
I dont think school is productive.. I also like you want to just want to get my own house, get a job, and live in the woods or something.. make my life peaceful... But being underage sucks cause you cant do that.

My parents expect me to be great and grand cause my brother is an A student and he can do anything..

Im saying.. Is.. Dont frett about life liek this.. about how touch it is.. Cause if you dont pass school then.. You Wont be able to live the life you want.. of peace and solitude.. or whatevers... Just Freaking do it. And then you will finish.. in a couple years... Sadly..

I wanna join the army.. But I should get a college diploma before I do it.. It just makes it easier i guess.. I also cant join cause of my feet problems... But I still want to.

Woah. I didn't realize my message was this long.. Anyways I gotta go.. I'm suppost to be doing my science research.. I just felt like going on here for awhile...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HarborOrange

I am a sieve.
Dec 7, 2007
Colorado.
✟19,165.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, I was the smartest kid in my middleschool, by far. And now, there are all these kids who get straight A's, along with being incredible athletes. Seeing as I'm athletically inept, and a guy, it's kind of difficult to get along in my school. Literally, just about everyone, save for my girlfriend and my friend, are incredibly athletic, and it's pretty much all there is to their lives. I find it extremely difficult to fit in at my school, seriously, sometimes I'm so lonely, it's crazy. But, I've just kinda learned to go as a loner, and that's what I am at my school now, the loner kid that no one really goes out of their way to talk to. I only talk to my girlfriend, and my one friend, and I don't have classes with either of them, so it's only after school that I talk to anyone. I mean, maybe that's why I'm struggling to find motivation, it's hard to go to school everyday knowing that you don't really have anyone to hang out with. People are always telling me to make friends, but they don't know how introverted I am, I love to be alone, I just hate knowing that I'm so far removed that only a few people want my company.
Anyways, sorry, I got off track. I know what you mean, about all that. It's hard changing schools, I've moved 14 times, so I know how that all feels. It's no good, but hey, pound it on, and you'll get by. I was never saying that I was giving up on my grades, or dropping out of school or anything, I was just saying that I don't see the point of learning this stuff. I'm into manual labor, I love nothing more than building things, playing the piano, flying through the woods on a bike, or having an airsoft war. It's the best stuff. Essentially, I find it hard to spend all my days sitting in a classroom, or at my desk at home doing homework, and by the time I'm done with my homework, it's 9:00 pm and I don't have time to get outside, either way, I've moved from a house in the woods to suburbia, which isn't too exciting... So, I just find it hard to be motivated doing anything in school, I feel like there's more to this, and all of us are just missing out on what life should be like.
If YHWH wanted us like this, wouldn't he have originally placed us in classrooms? Abraham spent all his life in a tent outdoors, living off the land. That's what's right, not this.
I feel like I was born in the wrong time period. I hate cell phones, I hate the TV, I only like the computer because I listen to music on it, and talk to my friends on here, that's about the only reason.
/rant.
Dang it, I keep trailing off tonight, sorry, I don't think I answered that reply much at all. Haha, wandering mind before the week begins, sorry.

Upvote 0

HarborOrange

I am a sieve.
Dec 7, 2007
Colorado.
✟19,165.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, I was the smartest kid in my middleschool, by far. And now, there are all these kids who get straight A's, along with being incredible athletes. Seeing as I'm athletically inept, and a guy, it's kind of difficult to get along in my school. Literally, just about everyone, save for my girlfriend and my friend, are incredibly athletic, and it's pretty much all there is to their lives. I find it extremely difficult to fit in at my school, seriously, sometimes I'm so lonely, it's crazy. But, I've just kinda learned to go as a loner, and that's what I am at my school now, the loner kid that no one really goes out of their way to talk to. I only talk to my girlfriend, and my one friend, and I don't have classes with either of them, so it's only after school that I talk to anyone. I mean, maybe that's why I'm struggling to find motivation, it's hard to go to school everyday knowing that you don't really have anyone to hang out with. People are always telling me to make friends, but they don't know how introverted I am, I love to be alone, I just hate knowing that I'm so far removed that only a few people want my company.
Anyways, sorry, I got off track. I know what you mean, about all that. It's hard changing schools, I've moved 14 times, so I know how that all feels. It's no good, but hey, pound it on, and you'll get by. I was never saying that I was giving up on my grades, or dropping out of school or anything, I was just saying that I don't see the point of learning this stuff. I'm into manual labor, I love nothing more than building things, playing the piano, flying through the woods on a bike, or having an airsoft war. It's the best stuff. Essentially, I find it hard to spend all my days sitting in a classroom, or at my desk at home doing homework, and by the time I'm done with my homework, it's 9:00 pm and I don't have time to get outside, either way, I've moved from a house in the woods to suburbia, which isn't too exciting... So, I just find it hard to be motivated doing anything in school, I feel like there's more to this, and all of us are just missing out on what life should be like.
If YHWH wanted us like this, wouldn't he have originally placed us in classrooms? Abraham spent all his life in a tent outdoors, living off the land. That's what's right, not this.
I feel like I was born in the wrong time period. I hate cell phones, I hate the TV, I only like the computer because I listen to music on it, and talk to my friends on here, that's about the only reason.
/rant.
Dang it, I keep trailing off tonight, sorry, I don't think I answered that reply much at all. Haha, wandering mind before the week begins, sorry.

Reactions: meowmix
Upvote 0

meowmix

The Talking Cat
Jan 15, 2006
✟38,095.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I go off topic ALL THE TIME.. Sadly.
I just put a bunch of things together for my science fair project.. It wont get an 'A' But at least I might get a 'C'. Hopefully. As long as I don't freak out when The judges judge me.. (Like I did last year....)
I Know what you mean with the Loner thing.. When I moved to California in 5th grade I was shy, Ugly (Meaning my clothes were Not the style there), And I didn't know what they were teaching Cause I was home schooled before.. When I went to school people would stare and laugh, and I would Sit alone at lunch and Recess, When I tried to talk to people they would use me for something just to make me look dumb, Etc etc!
But anyways..... Yeah Its Impossible to get motivated if your Alone.. Its weird that way but Its true..

I love the woods and outdoors.. I used to live in the outdoors till we moved.. Now I'm Surrounded by houses, streets, and People.. With a Tiny backyard.. So I just stay inside and read or something.. Theirs no point in going outside.

The only reason I got friends in the next years after, Is when someone talked to me first.. And introduced me to their friends, and so on..
Haha... Weird.. I'm still one of the shyest in class but people know me..
Blah... I forgot what I was gonna say for advise.. :|
Haha! Just ask me questions if you want advice.. I guess.. Im pretty good at that.. I think..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HarborOrange

I am a sieve.
Dec 7, 2007
Colorado.
✟19,165.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, no worries about that. My mind wanders. Some people can't follow how my mind puts things together, but, I am what I am. Lol.
Ah bummer... Luckily, I don't have any of those, never will, thank goodness. I'd just build a robot or something though... So no worries about that. I hate those big projects though, I wish we could just learn, without having those stupid projects attached to it.
See, at my point (sophomore) I don't care what people think about me anymore. I dress how I do, and that's about it. I was homeschooled too, up until 7th grade, so I know how that all goes. Haha.
Yeah, it is hard to stay motivated, you have no one to talk to about your problems either.
Like, right now, I think my girlfriend is about to break up with me, abruptly too... Everything was totally fine, then all of a sudden, she stopped talking to me, and she's just changing or something... I don't know... But it's the fifth time that this stuff has gone down, and it sucks. But, I just get through it, I have no one to talk to about it, so I have to end up just sitting it out. So, that's also a hard thing about being a loner, no one to lean on.

Lol, exactly the same here, I lived in the mountains in Flagstaff, AZ. But, we moved, and now I'm in the suburbs. I adore Colorado though, best place ever, I just miss living in the mountains, with no neighbors or anything.

Yeah, see, all my friends moved, save for my one best friend, who I actually dated for 5 months. Lol, but she and I are still really close friends, she's really the only one I have. My other friend moved to California over the summer, and my other one goes to a different school. So, I don't have many friends around me. But oh well. That's how I got to know my friends though, just them being friendly and going out of their way to get to know me.
Ah, no worries. Lol. This thread doesn't have much of a direction anyways, but it's all good.

Upvote 0
M

MissElizabeth

One thing that feaks me out about living in the city is, like, when I go shoppin or up town, I don't really see one person I know and i've been living here my whole life! :o :sorry: It's kinda weird lol!
But anyway, one thing i like about homeschooling is that i've been able to know and become myself without the peer pressure to have it's way. My only friends are my sisters and my one bro in law. I use to have one in our home fellowship, but unfortunately she went off the rails and left, so it's really hard to relate to her now.
Actually, I'm really excited now because I have finally found my motivation, and i am flying through my school! Yay! :clap: :D I send some to anyone else who may need it! :thumbsup:
Anyway, gotta go feed my horsey boys, they'll be wanting their dinner!

Catch ya!

Upvote 0

meowmix

The Talking Cat
Jan 15, 2006
✟38,095.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What I hate about middle school is if you dress wrong, talk different, or like show off... Your gonna be hated. Even if you change their still gonna see you the old way...

Do you have any clue Why your girlfriend wants to breakup with you? And Do you wanna break up with her?

Like 3 weeks ago I got a message on facebook saying 'I like you' From one of my guy friends, so I was freaking out.... anyways.. Just yesterday I found out that he sent the same message to 2 of my other friends.. like.. Geez.. Pervert. He's totally lost my respect.

And like 2 weeks ago my 'adopted sister' who lives with me was playing around with this boy and his younger brother (I was reading) and it was the first time she ever met him in her life, and their making out like 2 hours later..
She's lost my respect.

I have no clue where I'm going with this.. I'm just blurting out my problems.. oops.

Citys freak me out so much. Being a girl fails in this world majorly. I mean you can get like get abducted, murdered, robbed, rhaped, and stuff like that.. If your walking alone you have like a 50% chance of getting kidnapped. It sucks. *blabbers about it a lot more*

Upvote 0

HarborOrange

I am a sieve.
Dec 7, 2007
Colorado.
✟19,165.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
One thing that feaks me out about living in the city is, like, when I go shoppin or up town, I don't really see one person I know and i've been living here my whole life! :o :sorry: It's kinda weird lol!
But anyway, one thing i like about homeschooling is that i've been able to know and become myself without the peer pressure to have it's way. My only friends are my sisters and my one bro in law. I use to have one in our home fellowship, but unfortunately she went off the rails and left, so it's really hard to relate to her now.
Actually, I'm really excited now because I have finally found my motivation, and i am flying through my school! Yay! :clap: :D I send some to anyone else who may need it! :thumbsup:
Anyway, gotta go feed my horsey boys, they'll be wanting their dinner!

Catch ya!

Haha, yeah, you know no one in the city, and it's kinda weird. I've lived in a small town the majority of my life, and moving to Denver has been a change. I hope to move back out to the mountains soon though, my family's working on it. I've been home schooled too, I just went into school during 7th grade, so, I've only been going to school for three years. I've decided I like homeschooling better, that's what I'm going back to next year. It'll be good to get back to it. Lol, yeah, and same here, my brother is really my only friend, save for a few that changed schools or moved away.
I have a friend that did that too, but it was a long time ago. I haven't talked to him since. I've found out that his whole family pretty much has gone down hill recently, I don't know what happened with them...
It's good you've found your motivation, I'm finding mine, slowly but surely. Lol.

Alright, haha, cya.

What I hate about middle school is if you dress wrong, talk different, or like show off... Your gonna be hated. Even if you change their still gonna see you the old way...

Do you have any clue Why your girlfriend wants to breakup with you? And Do you wanna break up with her?

Like 3 weeks ago I got a message on facebook saying 'I like you' From one of my guy friends, so I was freaking out.... anyways.. Just yesterday I found out that he sent the same message to 2 of my other friends.. like.. Geez.. Pervert. He's totally lost my respect.

And like 2 weeks ago my 'adopted sister' who lives with me was playing around with this boy and his younger brother (I was reading) and it was the first time she ever met him in her life, and their making out like 2 hours later..
She's lost my respect.

I have no clue where I'm going with this.. I'm just blurting out my problems.. oops.

Citys freak me out so much. Being a girl fails in this world majorly. I mean you can get like get abducted, murdered, robbed, rhaped, and stuff like that.. If your walking alone you have like a 50% chance of getting kidnapped. It sucks. *blabbers about it a lot more*

Lol, yeah, I'm not gonna lie to you, middle school is the worst time ever really. I despised every moment of that place. It's like a bunch of kids trying to be popular adults, but failing miserably because they still don't know if they've gone through puberty... Haha, so yeah, most middle schoolers just treat you poorly because their hormones are out of control, and they don't know what to do with them. There's no worries about going against the flow, I do recommend to not show off to often though, kids don't like that much, I don't even know if you do, but you just suggested that in your post.

And she did break up with me, the day after I posted my reply. I still don't really know why. Sunday she was fine, planning our next date, all happy and such. Monday she avoided me all day, Tuesday, it was over. She told me she just wasn't excited about it anymore and I was too good for her... They all tell me that, it's probably because I won't kiss until the day I get married, and I don't go much further than just holding hands and stuff, I just figure that if it's going to last, there's no need to rush it... I don't really know the true reason why she broke up with me though. It hurts, she was the only one that I could relate to at my school, so now I'm all alone at school, but oh well.

Lol, yeah, that's no good. Maybe he was worried that he'd be rejected, so he just sent that out to the girls he liked and hoped one of you guys would feel the same. (Some guys can like more than one girl at once, then, when they know that the girl likes them back, they get attached and like her only.) That's probably what he was doing.

Ah yeah, I don't understand how that works. See, I haven't kissed anyone before, and won't until I get married, I'm saving it for then, at least I'll try to. I mean, I dated a girl for 6 months, we never kissed. We got along just fine too. Haha. So yeah...

And I know what you mean about the whole city thing and girls. It's a bummer you guys aren't too safe anymore. But, not many people are in the world we live in nowadays. It's just sickening to know that some people do things like mug and rape people, it's all so terrible. That's why I like the country, there's not many people there, and those that are there are honest and hard working people. They are because they need to provide a means of food off of the land, they can't just go to the supermarket and get a huge box of Lucky Charms or something. Lol. I really want to go back to the mountains...

Upvote 0

HarborOrange

I am a sieve.
Dec 7, 2007
Colorado.
✟19,165.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
PARAGRAPHS. Do you know how to use them?

Uh yeah, I'm pretty sure I used paragraphs in my post. I always use them. Maybe you're blind, but as far as I can tell, my posts are seperated. And, the TAB button doesn't work on this forum. Lol, troll fail. :doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums