Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
CA-Conservatives
After reading that, my head is aching. Unfortunately, I am a pedant, and I want to take my red pen and rearrange that whole paragraph.

Red pens are no longer allowed in the educational system. They were deemed too demeaning to a student's self esteem. The correct color is blue. ;)

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
:sorry:
Well, you know that the students of today really do have the best of all worlds when it comes to education, seeing that the Unions are really fighting for the best educational standards in the United States, and smaller classrooms and such - which they really need to do, because they really are getting too crowded, which cuts the level of one-to-one contact between students and teachers (a shame if you ask me) to a minimum - certainly to levels that are way lower than anything we've seen in decades, which cuts into curriculum development as well because we're no longer teaching to each student strengths and weaknesses, but rather we are teaching to the test (i.e. to educational standards set by the Government) which is another shame, because it does not take into account each student individually, but rather treats everyone as if they were the same and we ought not to do that.

Uh oh. I kind of resemble this post :sorry:

Upvote 0

ImaginaryDay

We Live Here
Mar 24, 2012
Fawlty Towers
✟30,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This thread confuses me. What's "off topic" to married people? Being single? I would think that any topic would be "on topic" for married people?

Well, I would say that the weather here is quite nice today despite what anyone says! (see, totally off topic to what you posted... :thumbsup:)

Upvote 0

illudium_phosdex

Insert witty title here.
Dec 5, 2005
Alaska
✟14,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Red pens are no longer allowed in the educational system. They were deemed too demeaning to a student's self esteem. The correct color is blue. ;)

That's one of the great things about home schooling. Whenever I would correct one of my kids' papers, it was always in red. There were times when there was so much red ink on the paper that it looked like a slaughter.

My daughter is in 7th grade now and has gone back to school. She's at the top of her class and she's always coming home telling me how the teacher went over something or other and she already knew the material. I'd like to think that part of that is because her mom was so hard nosed the previous 5 years while she was home.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
That's one of the great things about home schooling. Whenever I would correct one of my kids' papers, it was always in red. There were times when there was so much red ink on the paper that it looked like a slaughter.
^_^^_^^_^

You are so funny.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I have a red pen and I wield it with great gusto. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I was thinking about if the dollar crashes since they might not approve a new debt ceiling. I thought that might be wonderful because then the doctors from Bioware who took their millions and retired would have to go back to work making awesome games. They're still relatively young.

Upvote 0

illudium_phosdex

Insert witty title here.
Dec 5, 2005
Alaska
✟14,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Good to see you around, Autumnleaf.

That's certainly one way of finding a silver lining. I've never played any of the Bioware games. I think I might like the Dragon Age games though as I like medieval type RPGs.

Reactions: Autumnleaf
Upvote 0

Niffer

So...that just happened.
Aug 1, 2008
Ontario
✟20,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Happy Thanksgiving Weekend!!

a75fb6b6bea5fe005969d1719dac0361.jpg

Anyone have any exciting Thanksgiving plans?? :D

~ Niffer

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
It's thanksgiving, but we will work, work, work! We actually got the name we wanted for our business, so now we go full speed ahead with everything! But we will take one day off for rest, make a huge ham and scalloped potato dinner, and have a pajama day!

Upvote 0

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
There is no one alive who is more directionally challenged than I am. I told my pastor once about my fears of getting lost. He used to think I was over-exaggerating till once when we attended a training session in a huge church. All we did is step out for lunch. The rest of our group sort of lagged behind a little and we went back to the sanctuary - me leading the way. Big mistake. I'm walking along chatting with him, making a beeline for where I thought we had been sitting. I turned to find out why he didn't respond, and he had already turned to go into the row of seats we had been sitting in. lol. The rest of them had caught up to us by this point, and so we all had a great belly laugh! They still tease me about it now - don't let VG leave her seat in the theatre - she'll never find her way back! and that sort of teasing. It's all in good fun, and I know it is the truth. Well, with that in mind, I have been brave on occasion. I mean, I survived places like the Seattle airport and the Detroit airport - alone! Huge accomplishment for me, especially that I never missed a flight (I won't say I got there two hours early just to make sure, though). Well, I have to go tomorrow to Seattle. I'm leaving early so I can beat rush hour traffic....now, that would totally make me freeze - Seattle in rush hour. Hopefully I will get to my destination before rush hour. But tomorrow when I leave Seattle, it will be on the heels of rush hour, and again, I'm scared to death! Hubby figures I should go on the monorail and check out the Pike Place, but I figure if I do that, chances are I'd never find it before it closes and will not be able to find where I board the monorail to get back to where I'm staying. That's okay. I will stay in the hotel watching tv and munching on cheezies. I'll be so glad to get home Friday night!

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
That sounds rather like me actually. :/ I once completely froze and could not think how to get from one highway to another, and I ended up getting off the highway, turning around and going a different way. :confused: I think it was a panic attack, because generally I am not too bad, but I have no sense of direction and yesterday got lost in a hospital I have been going to for 10 years. ^_^ My youngest son was just rolling his eyes.

I will pray that you get through these days and get home safely - without getting lost. :pray:

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
There is no one alive who is more directionally challenged than I am. I told my pastor once about my fears of getting lost. He used to think I was over-exaggerating till once when we attended a training session in a huge church. All we did is step out for lunch. The rest of our group sort of lagged behind a little and we went back to the sanctuary - me leading the way. Big mistake. I'm walking along chatting with him, making a beeline for where I thought we had been sitting. I turned to find out why he didn't respond, and he had already turned to go into the row of seats we had been sitting in. lol. The rest of them had caught up to us by this point, and so we all had a great belly laugh! They still tease me about it now - don't let VG leave her seat in the theatre - she'll never find her way back! and that sort of teasing. It's all in good fun, and I know it is the truth. Well, with that in mind, I have been brave on occasion. I mean, I survived places like the Seattle airport and the Detroit airport - alone! Huge accomplishment for me, especially that I never missed a flight (I won't say I got there two hours early just to make sure, though). Well, I have to go tomorrow to Seattle. I'm leaving early so I can beat rush hour traffic....now, that would totally make me freeze - Seattle in rush hour. Hopefully I will get to my destination before rush hour. But tomorrow when I leave Seattle, it will be on the heels of rush hour, and again, I'm scared to death! Hubby figures I should go on the monorail and check out the Pike Place, but I figure if I do that, chances are I'd never find it before it closes and will not be able to find where I board the monorail to get back to where I'm staying. That's okay. I will stay in the hotel watching tv and munching on cheezies. I'll be so glad to get home Friday night!
That sort of reminds me of how my wife loses me in grocery stores. She has very little sense of where she is in relation to other people. She'll just randomly wander off! I'll turn around and she'll be *poof* gone. I'll march up and down the store, twice, and not find her. Then she'll somehow walk right up on me like nothing happened.

Very weird.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.