Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm good as long as I have a map. When we went to Las Vegas a couple of months ago, our rental car had one of those gps things. We wanted to go to Whole Foods so we tried it and got so lost it wasn't even funny, passing the same place two and three times and still not getting to our destination. Then my husband decided to try the direction thingie on his cell phone. Same story. Finally, I was like, "Stop at the next convenience store you see and let me get a map." So he did. It took a while for me to wrestle it away from him (him being a man and he was in the military and absolutely never has trouble reading a map). But I finally did. I mapped out where we were, what direction we should be traveling, and a route to get to where we needed to go. We got there 10 minutes later. I will never, ever use one of those GPS devices again!

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no one alive who is more directionally challenged than I am. I told my pastor once about my fears of getting lost. He used to think I was over-exaggerating till once when we attended a training session in a huge church. All we did is step out for lunch. The rest of our group sort of lagged behind a little and we went back to the sanctuary - me leading the way. Big mistake. I'm walking along chatting with him, making a beeline for where I thought we had been sitting. I turned to find out why he didn't respond, and he had already turned to go into the row of seats we had been sitting in. lol. The rest of them had caught up to us by this point, and so we all had a great belly laugh! They still tease me about it now - don't let VG leave her seat in the theatre - she'll never find her way back! and that sort of teasing. It's all in good fun, and I know it is the truth. Well, with that in mind, I have been brave on occasion. I mean, I survived places like the Seattle airport and the Detroit airport - alone! Huge accomplishment for me, especially that I never missed a flight (I won't say I got there two hours early just to make sure, though). Well, I have to go tomorrow to Seattle. I'm leaving early so I can beat rush hour traffic....now, that would totally make me freeze - Seattle in rush hour. Hopefully I will get to my destination before rush hour. But tomorrow when I leave Seattle, it will be on the heels of rush hour, and again, I'm scared to death! Hubby figures I should go on the monorail and check out the Pike Place, but I figure if I do that, chances are I'd never find it before it closes and will not be able to find where I board the monorail to get back to where I'm staying. That's okay. I will stay in the hotel watching tv and munching on cheezies. I'll be so glad to get home Friday night!

I'm a Seattle-ite and getting to Pike Place Market is just a short 5 block walk away from the Monorail station. If you PM'd me, I'd give you my contact information in case you got lost so I could give you directions.

Rush hour traffic I can't do anything about and is pretty much an all day pain in the rear depending on where you are going. Since the airport is south of downtown, expect heavy traffic to and from Seattle.

But the rain will hold off for you, so you may see some spectacular views! :cool:

Have fun!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.