CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just downloaded IOS 7 for my iPad and still waiting for my iPhone to finish. I know my husband said to wait until they ironed out the glitches but I'm TOO IMPATIENT. LOL. Looks kinda funky.
lol. I'm itching to download it but just happen to see the thing about the glitches. But now I am hesitant to.

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟448,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it a full moon in the married's forum? All these off the wall threads being started, all of them right on the border where I wonder if they are serious or someone messing around.

Any rate, daughter at swim camp this weekend, I have a race tonight, son has baseball tournament Saturday and Sunday, small group at our house Sunday evening. I'll need Monday to rest up.

Upvote 0

GodsGirlToday61

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2013
✟24,759.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Is it a full moon in the married's forum? All these off the wall threads being started, all of them right on the border where I wonder if they are serious or someone messing around.

Any rate, daughter at swim camp this weekend, I have a race tonight, son has baseball tournament Saturday and Sunday, small group at our house Sunday evening. I'll need Monday to rest up.

Who knows, but your weekend sounds terrific.

I made fried chicken in an iron skillet (we never said 'cast' in my family, and I inherited a 58-year-old heavy one, replaced it with one I can handle, even older), and I don't eat friend chicken (too heavy), and my husband is a vegetarian, so I made the fried chicken cuz it's a great iron skillet seasoner, and then gave three pieces to my neighbor, 'Scary Dude' (he was thrilled), and the other three pieces to my next door neighbor who is 8 1/2 months pregnant,

and doing this made me think of a new Thread, one to start, so I did, in Game Forum, called Deliberate Acts of Kindness

Hope it gets some 'action' because that might mean the Fruits of the Spirit are alive, well, and living within some of us here on CF, and I know they are! :thumbsup:

~ Carolyn

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Niffer

So...that just happened.
Aug 1, 2008
Ontario
✟20,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Are you a nurse?
When I worked on a special care unit for people with dementia, there were a few days before the full moon that everyone went nuts. By the full moon, they were all so exhausted that they slept like logs!

That's interesting! My mum was a Cardiac tech for a city hospital and she always told me that you could count on a crazy night whenever there was a full moon.

Upvote 0

ImaginaryDay

We Live Here
Mar 24, 2012
Fawlty Towers
✟30,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
CA-Conservatives
No wonder I've migrated to GT. "what should we do"???? "should you conform yourselves to the wishes of your husband"????? "finally found love"?????? SERIOUSLY???!!! wow... just wow...

(MK, VG, Hetta, Niffer, others, keep preachin' truth! :thumbsup:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Huh. So I have had to delete some apps and reload them to get them to work on IOS 7. That was annoying. And Safari on my phone is a mess. Yesterday it was stuck on a search for "Call of Duty release date" that I hadn't even made!

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
And on a note of irritation, I spend a lot of my time on this forum hovering over the 'new posts' section and I'm so frustrated that they come up with such great topics on the singles forum that of course I'm not allowed to answer. :/ I think I may be stealing some topics some time soon. ;)

Upvote 0

MoneyGuy

May 27, 2007
✟48,923.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And on a note of irritation, I spend a lot of my time on this forum hovering over the 'new posts' section and I'm so frustrated that they come up with such great topics on the singles forum that of course I'm not allowed to answer. :/ I think I may be stealing some topics some time soon. ;)

Get a divorce and you can post in the singles area. It would also help a lawyer out.

Just kidding. Not advocating divorce.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
M

MessianicMommy

anigif_enhanced-buzz-11811-1376326776-0_zps9f4e1405.gif

Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I noticed that too. Kind of doesn't make sense that married couples can't help those with questions. Getting help from other who are not married yet either may not always be the best sound advice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I found this in another part of CF yesterday, and it made me laugh all day long.

Remember never to split an infinitive. The passive voice should never be used. Do not put statements in the negative form. Verbs has to agree with their subjects. Don't use no double negatives. Proofread carefully to see if you any words out. If you reread your work, you will find on rereading... that a great deal of repetition can be avoided by rereading and editing. A writer must not shift your point of view. And don't start a sentence with a conjunction. Never, ever use repetitive redundancies. If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times, resist the hyperbole. If any word is improper at the end of a sentence, a linking verb is. Remember, too, that a preposition is a terrible thing to end a sentence with. The adverb always follows the verb. "Don't overuse 'quotation "marks"' or exclamation points!!!" Writing carefully, dangling participles must be avoided. Place pronouns, especially in long sentences, as of ten or more words, close to their anticedents. Everyone should be careful to use a singular noun with singular pronouns in their writing. Don't string too many prepositional phrases together unless you are walking through the valley of the shadow of death. Take the bull by the hand and avoid mixing metaphors. Always pick on the right idiom. Steer clear of incorrect verb forms that have snuck into the language. Eschew dialect, irregardless. Avoid colloquial stuff. Don't use trendy locutions that sound flaky. Last but not least, avoid cliches like the plague; seek viable alternatives.

Upvote 0

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
ROFLOL!!! And dont ferget to make shure to spel right to avoid mis-takes.

Oh....and know the difference between where and were; they're, there and their, and all those other things.

Oh, and know when to use the apostrophe - and when not to.

Grr, the English teachers of today are not doing their job, graduating students who don't know the difference between where and were, or their, they're and there. If people don't know these basic language skills, they should not be graduating!!

Upvote 0

ImaginaryDay

We Live Here
Mar 24, 2012
Fawlty Towers
✟30,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Well, you know that the students of today really do have the best of all worlds when it comes to education, seeing that the Unions are really fighting for the best educational standards in the United States, and smaller classrooms and such - which they really need to do, because they really are getting too crowded, which cuts the level of one-to-one contact between students and teachers (a shame if you ask me) to a minimum - certainly to levels that are way lower than anything we've seen in decades, which cuts into curriculum development as well because we're no longer teaching to each student strengths and weaknesses, but rather we are teaching to the test (i.e. to educational standards set by the Government) which is another shame, because it does not take into account each student individually, but rather treats everyone as if they were the same and we ought not to do that.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.