dramaking

All the World's a Stage....
Feb 13, 2005
✟13,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Okay, points conceded. There HAS been some discussion of the whole magic issue in here and we will not be handing votes over to the populace. (I'm acutally happy about that, but I needed clarification.) That is, if Star and Dave agree that the populace will not be voting. I do agree that there is no need for a committee if everything is up for votes.

I also understand why Shadow will not be on the committee, yet. It's regretable, but I understand the logic. So, let's continue about our first issue.

Let us say, as Star has pointed out, that mana is spiritual and magic is physical. Magic does require certain elements to come together in order for desired effects to manifest, as I'm sure Shadow will attest. There are movements and components that must be in place for magical effects to work. I believer good guys should not be using this for reasons already stated in the Q/S thread.

Mana, however, is spiritual. It is based on faith. Let me see if I can explain this clearly.

Do you know anyone who is so completely self-absorbed that they can think of nothing other than themselves? Anything that is going on must be centered around this person. They don't hink of how certain happenings affect the world, or others, only themselves. They put themselves in the center of attention at all times and honestly believe they belong in the spotlight. They are not conceited they are convinced!

Now, this one is harder. Do you know someone who is so painfully shy that you can't even remember their name? You've seen them about, hanging back, off to the side. They won't participate, always afraid to stand out. They think others will ridicule them if they speak. They want nothing to do with group activities and would rather just be left alone.

These people are very different, correct? However, these are examples of the exact same sin, pride. "What?" you may ask. How can anyone so shy be considered prideful or vain? Well, think of it this way. They exclude themselves from social contact. They don't want to be helpful. They think they are not good enough.

These are extreme examples, but they fall on the same scale. It's like that with mana-wielders. Some use this God-given spiritual energy for good, others for evil, hence evil priests. Mana is very much like the Force, there are the good Jedi and the evil Sith, just in different forms on Christia.

Then there is faith, this is an amazing force at work on our own Earth right now and it can be included in Christia as a force that works in conjunction with mana. We could say that Paladins use a more pure form of mana because their devout faith is being applied behind it, much as healing priests do. Pra Yer have learned to incorporate mana itself into their very being, which makes many of their abilities automatic the farther they progress. For example, Asha can move completely silently with no effort at all, she doesn't even leave footprints.

I'm rambling on, stopping for now.
I agree with this, though I think it needs a bit of fine tuning. Such as how demonic power comes into play (as demons are much more physical in Christia than on earth) but I really do like it.

Upvote 0
S

StarSplitter87

WoF and Sam both have excellent points and a blending of the two (which WoF began) is perhaps the best course of action. Both have valid and similar points and should both be considered truths equally.

I also agree that though the populace should not be involved in the everyday voting of decisions we make, I feel that appointing a moderator of our activities and making sections on the CF pages is an entirely separate position on the committee and though we ourselves were not voted in, our successors will be and thus so should the moderator when that occurs.

We should treat the moderator position as a separate seat on the committee.

~Star

Upvote 0
((Um... I know I'm technically not supposed to post here, but I really want to tag this thread so I can keep up with all the decisions of the committee.
Also, I think the chairman should be someone chosen by the committee by the committee's guidelines. I feel that if the committee is chosen according to the right qualifications, then they will chose a chairperson who is right for the job.
One last thing on the chairperson, I think a committee member should be able to hold both positions at once. In other words, if a committee member is elected as chairperson, they are still a member of the committee; not like an exclusive "one or the other" scenario.
Now two other things: first, you are all correct that the voting is the responsibility of the committee. The general populous is the place to go to garner ideas and support and feedback, but the decisions and the votes come back to the committee. Sampson has a good method. Propose an idea, get feedback, hear counter proposals, and ultimately rework the proposal into a "bill" to be voted upon.
The only real problem with vote counting is what is the definition for something that is of "extreme importance?" Well, I guess that will be up to the chairman to decide.
The last thing is just a comment. I was the one who designed to requirements for the committee, remember? yet I designed them so that I would not qualify. The reason is that I felt (and still feel) that I did not have enough knowledge of Christia to make decisions that would direly effect its future. But I am learning, and we'll just see what the future holds.
Okay, that will be all from me.))

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Woman of Faith

...by faith I am saved.
Jul 16, 2004
Ooooooklahoma!
✟16,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I believe things of "extreme importance", whatever that may mean, should be the realm of the CC especially. Who is to say that people in the populace might not be newcomers to Christia? We don't want newcomers on the CC so why do we want them voting on important matters? I say all matters regarding Christia be dealt with as Sam has described.

Upvote 0

sampson x

Supreme Commander of the Paralytic Army
Dec 21, 2004
Indiana
✟5,603.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
So...then...I guess I need to write up the bill now, don't I? Yes, I do. I'll do that. I'll put it up tomorrow night, I hope. Then we can move on, again, I hope.

Oh, and then, is someone going to send the PM to Erwin, or should I do that as a volunteer?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sampson x

Dec 21, 2004
Indiana
✟5,603.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
As roughly (more or less) voted Head Councilman, YOU get to do it :)

Speaking of which, since we decided HOW to go about doing that, we need to vote for him (or those of our choosing, which means other than Sam).

~Star
Umm...didn't we already vote for me? I mean, I see the agreement from everyone in the last couple of pages...but if you want an official tally, that's fine with me too. :)

Oh, and the write-up will be postponed. I have no time to think about it currently. Although...maybe later tonight I will...I'll have to think about it.

Upvote 0

sampson x

Dec 21, 2004
Indiana
✟5,603.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Topic: Use of Magic in Christia

Decision:
There shall be within the realm of Christia two types of magics. The first type is Mana. The Second type is Magic.

Mana is the spiritual force. Mana can be weilded by any being with a spirit. Mana-wielders rely on the power of a higher spiritual being in order to weave their Mana. Mana must be combined with Faith in order to be used. The more Faith a being has, the better that being can wield Mana. Mana in itself is not evil. It can, however, be used for perverted purposes. If Faith in the spiritual being is changed to another (as the fall of a Paladin, or the conversion of a Dark Priest would do), then all abilities granted by the Mana earlier would be lost. New Mana abilities would have to be learned.

Magic is the physical force. Magic can also be wielded by any sentient being. It is sin, however, for a human to wield Magic. Magic is more about skill, power, and learning than Mana. In order to improve in skill with Magic, Magic-users must train. Some types of magic, such as Necromancy, are evil for any race. Others, such as elemental powers, are only evil if used in the wrong way or by a human.

(These lists are not comprehensive and can be added to/subtracted from)
List of Groups that use Mana:
Pra Yer
Paladins
Priests
Magi
Basic Wielders
Dark Priests
Demons

List of Groups that use Magic:
Rurirrack
Necromancers
Elementals

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paladin Dave

The Beauty's Beast
Aug 30, 2004
Undisclosed
✟42,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
*stamp of approval* :D

I'd like to start working on a few "tales" if you will. Descriptions of certain events we've put in the history, from the perspective of a scribe of sorts. The Consi's Quest, whatever happened at Tiiven castle(WOF? Star? Was that something you guys want recorded?), the Emberian War, the arrival of the Barbarians, brief reports on the Paladin Order(I'll leave Pra Yers to WOF), and as a way to demonstrate the difference between good and bad use of mana, "The Expulsion of Sir Cornelius Pellinore". As I said in his bio, Cornelius is sort of a bogey man in mage orders, where now and then a teacher will warn his student, "Stray not towards dark magic, my pupil. After all, you don't want to end up like Sir Cornelius, right?"

What do you guys think?

Upvote 0

dramaking

All the World's a Stage....
Feb 13, 2005
✟13,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
*stamp of approval* :D

I'd like to start working on a few "tales" if you will. Descriptions of certain events we've put in the history, from the perspective of a scribe of sorts. The Consi's Quest, whatever happened at Tiiven castle(WOF? Star? Was that something you guys want recorded?), the Emberian War, the arrival of the Barbarians, brief reports on the Paladin Order(I'll leave Pra Yers to WOF), and as a way to demonstrate the difference between good and bad use of mana, "The Expulsion of Sir Cornelius Pellinore". As I said in his bio, Cornelius is sort of a bogey man in mage orders, where now and then a teacher will warn his student, "Stray not towards dark magic, my pupil. After all, you don't want to end up like Sir Cornelius, right?"

What do you guys think?
Love it, I plan on doing the same with my villainous Magister (who I've talked to you about) and I did one already, a warning of the day before the great War against Anserak.

Upvote 0