Supreme Commander of the Paralytic Army
Dec 21, 2004
Indiana
✟5,603.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
This thread is for the Christia Committee (CC) as described in the rules. The rules state that members must be approved to join, but because of the lack of any outline to that proceeding, this first Committee has been formed by the general consensus of just a minority of the Roleplayers that have roleplayed in Christia.

The only users that should post in this thread are members of the CC and those who have been invited to post by the CC.

Just as a reminder, this particular committee is only temporary. We have many things to sort out. Here is a short outline of the most important issues we must confront. Order denotes priority.

1. Rules/regulations for Committee Completed
a. Terms of members Completed
b. Method for approval of members Completed
c. Methods for doing business within the thread Completed
d. Responsibilities of members Completed
2. Set the cultural background for countries in Christia
3. Designate the rules regarding the use of magic Completed
4. Designate the rules regarding the use of technology
5. Gather a comprehensive history of Christia
6. Make a listing of all orders/nobility in Christia

The meeting now commences. Members, please post.

Members:
Paladin Dave
StarSplitter87
Dramaking
sampson x
Woman of Faith

Business:

Business shall be conducted in the following manner:

A topic will be brought up by one of the members. Members will discuss the topic for around a week. After an appropriate time of discussion, one member will propose a decision (Format outlined below). Each member will then be given the chance to make at least one comment on the proposal (excluding exceptions, allow proposals to be discussed a week or less). The proposal writer will then take into consideration the comments of the other members and write a revised version of the proposal. The revised proposal will be submitted as a bill. The bill is then to be voted on by the members. All bills need a 3-2 majority to pass, unless deemed an issue of extreme importance, in which case a 5-0 unanimous decision must be reached. A passed bill is a decision. Decisions may be amended later.

Method of making a decision of extreme importance:

A member makes a motion to declare a topic of extreme importance. If two other members then second the motion, the topic is declared of extreme importance.

Format for a proposal/bill/decision

Topic: [insert topic name here]
Decision: [body of decision here]

Last edited by a moderator:

dramaking

All the World's a Stage....
Feb 13, 2005
✟13,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So I take it this hasn't been sanctioned by 4U forums....

Oh well, I here by post if none are opposed to my appointment by Sampson_x and associates.

~Star
It has been Star. CF is now primarily wiki based, this has full approval, so stop trying to make it legal and let's get started.

Upvote 0

Woman of Faith

...by faith I am saved.
Jul 16, 2004
Ooooooklahoma!
✟16,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Cheeky indeed, DK! So, it's legal, authorized by 4U and all that rot. If we go by Sam's agenda then here is my two cents:

1. "The rules are there ain't no rules! It's to the second bridge and back, first one back is the winner." :scratch:

Oh, sorry. :sorry: Had a "Grease" moment there.

Okay, to business.

a. Terms - I suggest one year terms.
b. Method of Approval - well, this one seems moot since we have the commitee selected (Thanks, Sam), but in the future we might use the 4U polling process.
c. Method of doing business - nothing to suggest right now, sorry
d. Responsibilities - I think # 2 spells this out pretty well. :blush: That isn't phrased well at all, but you know what I mean.

2. The CC would also, I should think, approve/deny any proposed additions/revisions/changes etc. Since this is not priority yet I suggest getting 1 a-d set first, then we can get to FUN stuff!

Upvote 0

sampson x

Dec 21, 2004
Indiana
✟5,603.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
One year terms is what I was thinking, but I am also concerned about complete turnovers each year. I know at least several of us will be continuing on into the next year, but there is a possibility that all the members are completely new to the CC. For that, I was thinking that perhaps two of us should volunteer for only six month terms at first (after next approval, year terms) so that there is always at least two people on the CC that have been on it for six months.

I agree, we should use the polls. Should we make a thread for each member to be approved (With a yes/no vote) or should we just approve the CC as a whole?

As to business, we should probably conduct business as it is done in most threads. BUt, I also propose we use this thread as a discussion thread, and then create another thread for decisions (in which our final decisions on subjects would be written out).

Good idea. We'll get to that once everyone else posts...which is hopefully soon. Oh wait, we just need PD.

Upvote 0

sampson x

Dec 21, 2004
Indiana
✟5,603.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Speaking of making decsions, one of us (and I can volunteer for this) should a complete record of the history and discissions and such in a word document to be posted as an update every month.

Though that might be over kill, it'd be nice to have it like a standalone thread constitution or something...

~Star
I like that idea. Who else is in favor?

Upvote 0

dramaking

Feb 13, 2005
✟13,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm in favor.

Now, speaking on reelection, I've noticed that while a good chunk of people fit our requirements, not that many actually are suited for it.
My thoughts are to require each nominee to write a "resume" if you will about why they feel this position fits them and they need it and then, going from that, to have the committee at the time vote on their acceptance privately.

Those who are expected by the Commitee can be voted in by the general populace. With this "dual strain" system we should filter it to the correct people for this commitee.

Upvote 0

sampson x

Dec 21, 2004
Indiana
✟5,603.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Actually, I have to agree with Drama. Although, perhaps we could make it so that there would be less chance of bias and put still more on the public vote.

Possibility:

Applicant either applies or is nominated. Fills out application.

CC reviews application. In order to restrict the applicant from proceeding to the public vote, the CC would have to unanimously decide against the applicant. If not unanimous, the applicant proceeds to public vote.

Public vote. Needs 70% to pass (this is a common number, I think. It's used for Mods).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Woman of Faith

...by faith I am saved.
Jul 16, 2004
Ooooooklahoma!
✟16,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just as a reminder, this particular committee is only temporary.

Members:
Paladin Dave
StarSplitter87
Dramaking
sampson x
Woman of Faith

How temporary is this appointment on the council? As you all know, I have serious scheduling issues and I think that fits me in the category as someone "not suitable" to be a CC member. Once this temporary appointment is up I'd like to recuse myself from being selected as a council member.

As for how we choose the council I think it should be more democratic. Perhaps have potential members nominated by at least two from the populace, then the board can confirm the nomination, then the general election. The nominated party will, of course, be given the opportunity to accept/decline the nomination.

Forget the applications, petitions, etc. If a person has been in Christia enough to meet the membership requirements and has at least two people who want to nominate them that should be enough. With the confirmation of the council a short list of nominees can be presented to the populace for voting.

Upvote 0

dramaking

Feb 13, 2005
✟13,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I really hate to be the devil's advocate here, especially as I'm the youngest, but I'm not aiming for rudeness here it is my honest opinion.

Eventually I agree this place should be as democratic as possible, but right now I think we don't have that luxury.
We're a new thing, and right now we can't expect a populace who knows virtually nothing about Christia to make educated decisions on it's future.

Before opening this commitee we need to establish rules, right now role-players who will help the site are far outnumbered by casual players with little to no knowledge of the writing style.
I do not put these players down, I merely say they aren't who should be establishing rules, settings and regulations.

Before we decide a manner for the whole RPG section to decide these things we need to realize, right now that isn't what we need.
We need people who know what they are doing answering the questions and helping make Christia more user friendly, and we can't do that if we over republicanize the system.

Upvote 0

sampson x

Dec 21, 2004
Indiana
✟5,603.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
How temporary is this appointment on the council? As you all know, I have serious scheduling issues and I think that fits me in the category as someone "not suitable" to be a CC member. Once this temporary appointment is up I'd like to recuse myself from being selected as a council member.

I'm not sure how temporary it is, but you're right, you do have a lot of scheduling problems. Perhaps, if you don't mind, you might make the first open spot with which we can test our admittance process.

OH YEAH, THAT'S RIGHT! WE DON'T HAVE AN ADMITTANCE PROCESS!

Guys, we need a decision on this in the next ten posts. How are we going to get new members in? I think we need to be as democratic as possible, but still not allow just anyone to be on the board, at least in the early stages. There just aren't enough people out there educated about Christia to know who is good to put on it's committee.

Upvote 0

Woman of Faith

...by faith I am saved.
Jul 16, 2004
Ooooooklahoma!
✟16,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I will volunteer to be the first open spot. I do offer my services as consultant, please do not hesitate to ask for my help. I'm just not sure I can fit set meeting times or a prolonged term of service into my schedule.

Isn't having two years on CF/4U and at least 1 year in Christia enough? If all the old threads hadn't been wiped out we'd know better who we could nominate. Would it fit to have a tribunal rather than a 5 member commitee?

Upvote 0
S

StarSplitter87

Yes, the 2 year 4U member and 1 year RPG member is enough for a nomination. If the application process still stands (as Drama suggested) then it would be considered from there how active they've been in the RGP's, how reliable they are to post responses and respond to PMs., and how knowledgable they are with current affairs concerning CF history and the committee processes.

Once they've been considered a good candidate that can do the job, the the populace decides if they approve of this person. Even if there are only 4 people running and there are 5 seats, there should not be an automatic win. The seats should carry those the people approve, not ones they settle for.

~Star

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paladin Dave

The Beauty's Beast
Aug 30, 2004
Undisclosed
✟42,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry I'm... late?:sorry:

I like the 5-member organization, actually. I also agree with Drama's notion that we don't really need to have this be democratic at all in the process of its establishment. Aside from Lock, there really aren't any other people who know Christia as well as us that still come around, so lets set up a strong foundation for Christia and then let people do with it as they will through their writing, like we've done. .. To an extent, of course.;)

But really, Sam can tell you all from our days in the old Chivalric Alliance thread that I'm all story/relation and no business. :sorry: I'll abide by whatever everyone else decides, but I generally like the direction this is all going in.:)

Upvote 0