USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
You know, I get really tired of seeing beliefs and faiths attacked and insulted all the time, by Christians right here on CF! Do you really think that Christ wants you to deal with other Christians so harshly? >_>

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
blind post & not to stir whatever is in the pot but..

when is it considered attacking other believers or acting harshly? i'm not saying there's not mean spirited words flung about on here, but sometimes the truth hurts even when its said in the context of love. and sentiment can sometimes get lost in just plain text. just sayin

Upvote 0

MrMoe

Part-Time Breatharian
Sep 13, 2011
Moe's Tavern
✟144,835.00
Faith
Christian
The Bachelor and The Bachelorette are pretty stupid shows. I just keep hearing bad news from those shows. I've seen the stats and they are not good. Very few couples actually stay together. I mean, how are you supposed to fall in love while on a show that's structure is so artificial? Imagine you're trying to have a romantic dinner with someone, you're trying to have an intimate moment, meanwhile you've got a cameraman and camera crew standing next to you looking like this:

b2c596ed2445d951e7ff2a413ca6fec6.jpeg

Plus it's almost like the Bacholers or Bacholerettes are obligated to fall in love with someone. The whole thing seems forced. Maybe that's why so many of these couples end up breaking up.

Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
After a recent FireFox update, my ad-blocker disabled it self for some unknown reason. I forgot just how intrusive advertisements really were...holy crumpets. :swoon:After shutting down my computer and doing some work outside in the front yard, some guy for A.D.T. came up with a glorious offer to bestow - even in real life you can't escape pop up ads!

Finally got it working again though, so all is right in the world once more. :ok:

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
The Bachelor and The Bachelorette are pretty stupid shows. I just keep hearing bad news from those shows. I've seen the stats and they are not good. Very few couples actually stay together. I mean, how are you supposed to fall in love while on a show that's structure is so artificial? Imagine you're trying to have a romantic dinner with someone, you're trying to have an intimate moment, meanwhile you've got a cameraman and camera crew standing next to you looking like this:

b2c596ed2445d951e7ff2a413ca6fec6.jpeg

Plus it's almost like the Bacholers or Bacholerettes are obligated to fall in love with someone. The whole thing seems forced. Maybe that's why so many of these couples end up breaking up.

Turning love into a mixture of a game show and a reality show is very shallow and narcissistic, in my opinion. It's no surprise that most of the couples break up afterwards.

I've heard that the two original couples, the first couple from The Bachelor and the first couple from The Bachelorette, are the only ones still together.

• Informative
Reactions: MrMoe
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I miss the warm weather

Me too.. I also miss the days when I didn't have to worry weather or not the roads were clear of snow and ice.

Reactions: sunshine100
Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,543.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I get that online dating can be something of an unnatural way to interact with someone, and I get that there are many reasons why you might change your mind about someone you've been chatting to. But what I don't get is why, if the conversation has moved to the topic of meeting in person and you've expressed an interest in doing so, you wouldn't send a message saying that you've changed your mind rather than going completely silent. Isn't that just common courtesy?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Reading all these articles explaining how disciplining your kids is harmful. Even Time Outs are being considered abuse.

Being spanked by my parents for hitting my sister didn't screw me up. Other kid's lack of discipline and lack of respect for others, however, did.
That's just silly. Of course parents shouldn't hurt/abuse their children, but how can all discipline be harmful? Some discipline is necessary. If children are just allowed to do whatever they want, they'll grow up with the mindset of "I can do whatever I want and no one can stop me!" and they could get into crime and other bad things.

Exactly, it wasn't my parents' discipline that messed me up. It was other kids who thought they should be able to do whatever they wanted and didn't care if it hurt anyone that did.

Upvote 0