Of course your past, present, and future sins are already forgiven! (Moved)

geetrue

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
Beach House
Visit site
✟73,776.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I would like to jump in here and say, "If your sins are paid for in the future" then why repent of them?

The blood of Jesus Christ only pays for the sins your repent of ... you will hear about the sins you don't repent of on judgment day.

Did these people know that they had sinned?

St Matthew 7: 21-23 KJV
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

If they had known they had sinned wouldn't they have repented of them?

Only he that does the will of my Father in heaven are the key words.

what pray tell is that?

To forgive one another, love one another and hold no grudge against one another ... this is the true doctrine of God.

You need the indwelling Spirit of God to do His will ... I suspect most of you do have this prickling so to speak of what sin is, right?

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I would like to jump in here and say, "If your sins are paid for in the future" then why repent of them?

The blood of Jesus Christ only pays for the sins your repent of ... you will hear about the sins you don't repent of on judgment day.

Did these people know that they had sinned?

St Matthew 7: 21-23 KJV

If they had known they had sinned wouldn't they have repented of them?

Only he that does the will of my Father in heaven are the key words.

what pray tell is that?

To forgive one another, love one another and hold no grudge against one another ... this is the true doctrine of God.

You need the indwelling Spirit of God to do His will ... I suspect most of you do have this prickling so to speak of what sin is, right?

Well, yes, I did repent upon conversion, then I received eternal redemption.:)

The sprinkled blood was eternal, if it were not, Christ would have to suffer again, as per 9:26.

Thanks for your post, frog.:)

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟439,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I do, because my walk with God is about 'relationship'.

Does one never say they are sorry, to the spouse they have hurt with harsh words?

Does one never say they are sorry, for anything they have done to hurt someone they love or care about?

Yes, our sins are forgiven. But repentance is about relationship ... our personal relationship with God.

To some perhaps 'relationship' does not matter. But then, I would be lead to wonder about the genuineness of their salvation ... if they do not love God enough to say they are sorry to Him, and have no desire to turn from their wicked ways, when they have sinned.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
One in a relationship honors the blood, knows about the blood, and has studied Hebrews.

Eternal redemption is not based on me being a good at repenting, it is blood based.

They repented year after year:yawn:, acording to Heb 10, but did it take away sin? nope.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
And so this means you no longer feel any guilt for any sin you commit?

Did I prove a point? Did they repent all the time, but not have remission?

Red asbove, people are welcome to discuss their own personal guilt, or lifstyle, or what you feel etc, or whatever subjective feelings they wish to display, that is all fine by me. I talk text, thanks! frog.

Again, no offense, but i do not go into my personal sphere, here on the net. you are wlecome to, some do, some don't.

Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 12:5-13
"... ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him;
For whom the Lord loveth He chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards and not sons....
...Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous; nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them that are exercised thereby.
Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;
And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed."

In order to make us better in our race of faith, the Lord sometimes needs to CHASTEN us... If there were no sin, no failures, no falling down where one should not have fallen... then there would be no need for chastening.

It is the love of the Lord, and His desire to make us "heroes" of faith, that has Him chasten us... God does not want us to be pampered babies, spoiled rotten brats, or sniveling wimps... sinning like the unsaved neighbor, ... rather He wants us to develop faith... fitting the age we live in.

If left to ourselves... we will grow up in weakness and sinning without even knowing we are doing wrong... sins will enslave us... we become carnal at best... unsaved at worst...

A good father therefore will discipline his children. I have met parents that do not see any wrong in their child... the children jump on furniture, hit each other, kick the pet dog, and sass the parents... disobedient to the max... and parents sometimes smile like that is good and normal... God describes here in Hebrews that He is not that kind of parent.

Why should we be spared correction if we sin? If there is no discipline, then we are "bastards". God disciplines all His children from all their sins...and He does not say He does that to one or two who sin, but He says He does it to all, for as John informs us... if we try to claim sinlessness, we are not being honest. So... all are disciplined... or not even a child of God.

This discipline for our sins hurts, but "afterward" it yields the "peaceable fruit of righteousness"... The discipline leads us to righteousness, not the denial of sin, the ignoring of sin, not the condoning of sin... no, it is the discipline for our sins that 'lead us to righteousness.'

Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Again, no offense, but i do not go into my personal sphere, here on the net. .

WELL, that is okay as long as you have someone to be honest with and confess your faults and sins... for we are commanded to be honest with a trusted and righteous Christian confidant... Do you obey James 5:16... ???

James 5:16 (KJV)
16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Hebrews 12:5-13
"... ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him;
For whom the Lord loveth He chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards and not sons....
...Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous; nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them that are exercised thereby.
Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;
And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed."

In order to make us better in our race of faith, the Lord sometimes needs to CHASTEN us... If there were no sin, no failures, no falling down where one should not have fallen... then there would be no need for chastening.

It is the love of the Lord, and His desire to make us "heroes" of faith, that has Him chasten us... God does not want us to be pampered babies, spoiled rotten brats, or sniveling wimps... sinning like the unsaved neighbor, ... rather He wants us to develop faith... fitting the age we live in.

If left to ourselves... we will grow up in weakness and sinning without even knowing we are doing wrong... sins will enslave us... we become carnal at best... unsaved at worst...

A good father therefore will discipline his children. I have met parents that do not see any wrong in their child... the children jump on furniture, hit each other, kick the pet dog, and sass the parents... disobedient to the max... and parents sometimes smile like that is good and normal... God describes here in Hebrews that He is not that kind of parent.

Why should we be spared correction if we sin? If there is no discipline, then we are "bastards". God disciplines all His children from all their sins...and He does not say He does that to one or two who sin, but He says He does it to all, for as John informs us... if we try to claim sinlessness, we are not being honest. So... all are disciplined... or not even a child of God.

This discipline for our sins hurts, but "afterward" it yields the "peaceable fruit of righteousness"... The discipline leads us to righteousness, not the denial of sin, the ignoring of sin, not the condoning of sin... no, it is the discipline for our sins that 'lead us to righteousness.'

Again, so long as you won't realize, that thier sin was, to ignore the eternal blood, the rebukes are moot, due to the contextual misuse.

Yes, silly Hebrews! How could you not know about eternal redemption?!

Milk drinking people, why don't you understand yet, that you were not getting sin remision under ther old cov!?

5:12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the basic principles of the oracles of God. You need milk, not solid food,

See now what I mean? What was the correction about in the book?;)

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
WELL, that is okay as long as you have someone to be honest with and confess your faults and sins... for we are commanded to be honest with a trusted and righteous Christian confidant... Do you obey James 5:16... ???

16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Yes, honesty is great, and the frog honestly does not talk about his soul on the forum, some can, i don't go into my soul here!:D

I live what I preach...:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

I hope they do not forget to confess a sin. Oh my!:o

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
How can we go through the curtain confidently, by repenting over and over again, which the book points out was the old way, or confidently, by faith in the blood?

Draw near, important wordage, something only the high priest used to do, only once a year, see 9:7.

10:22 let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Through the curtain, by the blood, through...through..important words there.:)

Not an altar call again.

Oh, in fact, the old cov people can't come to our altar, they do not have sin eternal remission!:doh:

heb 13:10 We have an altar from which those who serve the tent have no right to eat.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟439,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And so this means you no longer feel any guilt for any sin you commit?

Did I prove a point? Did they repent all the time, but not have remission?

Red asbove, people are welcome to discuss their own personal guilt, or lifstyle, or what you feel etc, or whatever subjective feelings they wish to display, that is all fine by me. I talk text, thanks! frog.

Again, no offense, but i do not go into my personal sphere, here on the net. you are wlecome to, some do, some don't.

What is 'personal', about admitting to whether or not you feel guilt over sin?

It's a pretty general question, as I see it, and definitely an appropriate one within the context of this discussion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
T

ToBeBlessed

I Timothy 4:1
“THE SPIRIT SPEAKETH EXPRESSLY, THAT IN THE LATTER TIMES, SOME SHALL DEPART FROM THE FAITH, GIVING HEED TO SEDUCING SPIRITS AND DOCTRINES OF DEVILS, SPEAKING LIES IN HYPOCRISY, AND HAVING THEIR CONSCIENCES SEARED WITH A HOT IRON...”

Some can 'depart from the faith'... and one of the ways to do that is to think one can be a servant of sin, and not be doomed even though they are a 'servant of sin'. Some say that one can never backslide, and even if that is true, then if they become servants of sin, they were never saved to begin with. If one can backslide, it is due to turning away from the salvation Jesus provided, becoming a servant of sin so long that they reject Jesus. Either way, one who condones sin, who feels no regret and repentance for sin is 'departed from the faith.'

One of the signs of this is listed in that passage also... 'their consciences seared with a hot iron'. They no longer feel conviction for sin, they condone it, or justify it. They do not continue to have a repentant (change of mind) heart about sin. It is enjoyed and not repented of if they have no conscience to tell them it is wrong.

Some people to not feel guilt, they do not worry about a judgment for sin, and to have a conscience that is seared to insensitivity to sin.

The gnostic sect tells mankind, that the God of the Old Testament is an evil God, and gave the commandments, so they too are evil. Breaking them is good, according to the gnostics. That idea is becoming more and more prevalent in the churches of today.

Some today, including the gnostics, preach a doctrine of ‘no judgment’ and no need for repentance or regret for sins committed after a supposed salvation. This denies the atoning work of the Lord that was to make them a new creation, and Christ-like, not satan like.

The adherents of that heresy, will denigrate, attack, and belittle any who mention hell, judgment, repentance, or even the word ‘sin’.

There are a lot of thoughts in this post. Almost wish you would have split them up better as it is hard to understand exactly what you are saying.

To me backsliding is personal. What I mean by that is that their are many reasons why I, personally have backslidden, but first I want to say what I think backslidden means.

To backslide in my understanding is to take a significant step backwards away from God. The key word to me is significant because I know that what is significant to me is probably very different from what it means to you (or another).

In my own testimony, I was saved when I was 12 years old. I remember it so distinctly because it was my 12th birthday. Many people come from a variety of backgrounds and I had been in foster homes from the time I was 5 yo to 10 yo and there were quite a few, if I remember correctly 8 foster homes in 5 years. Foster homes back then were very different then. A foster home was like a holding place for kids til their parents went to court or the court decided what to do with you. You spent 6 months with a family, got a new mom, dad, brothers & sisters a new school a new life and then it changed. I'm only sharing this to provide a little context to my testimony. I had 5 brothers and sisters who went through the same thing. We weren't raised together, people didn't take foster kids in groups of 5, no they took one.

I never had the 'being raised in a certain church or type of church'. I would be with unbelievers, then catholics, then baptists and so on. So I had no stability in what I thought Jesus was. I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me, only to say that each 'sinner' has a different set of experiences.

I stumbled with God so often. I needed to discover who and what God was. Everyone had an opinion in my life, but I had to discover for myself because no one ever sat me down and said this is what the Word says ....

I have backslidden because as a teen friends became more important than God. I have backslidden when I thought God was so unfair and stuck me with a really bad life. Why me Lord? Do you hate me? Why do others have what I don't have? You are not fair!

Over 32 years, my Christian life has been full of ups and downs. I wish I got the 'Bam' and now your perfect Christian life, but God never did a whammy on me. I never had that moment of deliverance some claim to have that changed them from wrong to right.

God and I walked. I walked way to fast sometimes and left God behind. I walked way to slow and my faithful Lord chided me lovingly back to Him. I rebelled. Got pi$%d. I loved Him and I was upset with Him at the same time.

God has seen it all with me. I don't pretend and I was always upfront with Him. The good, bad and the ugly.

The idea that many present on this forum of sin to me is the 'politically correct' version of Christianity.

You either decide you want to sin or decide you don't want to sin. Interesting as I always just lived life and sin happened. If God is my most loved Lord, who I love with all my heart, than He is also the one I turn to in times of sorrow, anger, and my worst times.

According to you, I should not be in Christ. I should be someone else, the 'politically correct' Christian. The conscious sinner. It's not that cut and dry, unless I have the abnormal Christian life, which may be what I have.

So who am I in Christ? In your opinion? Am I the most inwardly ugly sinful person or just a sinner making their way?
Christians are obsessed with one another's sin. Is it because to look at others is to not focus on yourself? You define me. You tell me who I am. You tell me what God means to me.

YOU DONT KNOW ME. STOP DEFINING ME AND MY SIN. I AM UNIQUE. GOD MADE ME THAT WAY. GOD.

If people keep grouping everyone in 'one nice little group', then I feel obligated to tell such people to stop 'grouping everyone into nice little groups'.

I'm sure I will be repenting for this tonight.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟439,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am discussing eternal redemption, and what the text is pointing out, thanks!:)

And you are not discussing eternal redemption in its entirety, if you fail to address the guilt that man has felt and feels for sin and God's desire to free man from the bondage of that guilt and shame.

Though I strongly suspect you would deny it, what you are preaching is legalism ... and not 'relationship' ...

... and yet, we are told that eternal life is 'knowing' God.
(John 17:3)

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
guilt and shame are ours to deal with. I think what frog is trying to say is when we realize who we are in Christ, the righteousness of God, not because of our works but because of faith in him, the guilt and shame go away. God's love is in us already by the Holy Spirit, we can't earn freedom by how good we are, some here teach that. Only by accepting our position before the Father in Jesus, can we be free from the guilt the shame the "sin conscious" old man that plagues people.

By grace, by Christ
Not works or merit...

I think that is what frog is saying or something similar...

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟439,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
guilt and shame are ours to deal with. I think what frog is trying to say is when we realize who we are in Christ, the righteousness of God, not because of our works but because of faith in him, the guilt and shame go away. God's love is in us already by the Holy Spirit, we can't earn freedom by how good we are, some here teach that. Only by accepting our position before the Father in Jesus, can we be free from the guilt the shame the "sin conscious" old man that plagues people.

By grace, by Christ
Not works or merit...

I think that is what frog is saying or something similar...

Can I ask why you continue to interject and attempt to explain frogster's beliefs to me??
This is the second time you have done this to me today ...
:confused:

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Can I ask why you continue to interject and attempt to explain frogster's beliefs to me??
This is the second time you have done this to me today ...
:confused:

Why does it bother you? Respond to my post not to me. My post was also my own position on the matter which Im allowed to post as you are yours.

Upvote 0