OCD Christians, how do you deal with evil, unwanted thoughts?

SeekingGloryOnThisJourney

Apr 13, 2020
Massachusetts
✟29,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
During quarantine my mind has had more time to just be. I’ve been Praying a lot. Except I’m seeing an increase in awful thoughts. Some being blasphemous, things I never ever want to say to God. I can’t treat my Father that way. I love God the most. Some being to people, who I love. I don’t want to hurt them. I love them. I feel like a monster. Satan’s work. I feel like I’ve lost God’s Will, a friendship that was growing, my future, blessed memories. I feel like I’m not innocent and it’s too late for me to ever be innocent.

• Prayers
Reactions: Porpoise

WayfaringCoyote

Apr 14, 2020
United States
✟28,037.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Invasive thoughts suck, but on the bright side, they aren't from the heart. You aren't thinking these thoughts because you want to, and the fact that you rebuke these thoughts and see them for what they are shows that your heart is in the right place.

I deal with these kinds of thoughts in different ways. Sometimes I try to suppress them by thinking of other things and pushing the thoughts away, and sometimes I pray to God and ask for Him to protect me from these thoughts. The latter seems like the way to go.

And don't go worrying about innocence. God isn't asking for innocence. He knows we're not innocent, and that's why Jesus died for us in the first place. He loves us despite our guilt, and He has offered us salvation. None of us are deserving, but He doesn't expect us to be. He just wants us to come to Him and allow Him into our lives. Through Him our sins can be washed away and we can be made whole, and that's kind of the point. We're flawed, imperfect, and struggle with sin, and He knows this better than we do.

Upvote 0

ElieL

Mar 29, 2020
Riverside
✟9,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Just remember that the Lord knows your heart.

“And God, who knows and understands the heart, testified to them, giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us;”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭15:8‬ ‭AMP‬‬

And remember that thoughts are just thoughts, the Lord knows our hearts.

“The LORD knows the thoughts of man, That they are a mere breath (vain, empty, futile).”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭94:11‬ ‭AMP‬‬

“If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭3:20‬ ‭NIV‬‬

“Therefore there is now no condemnation [no guilty verdict, no punishment] for those who are in Christ Jesus [who believe in Him as personal Lord and Savior].”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:1‬ ‭AMP‬‬

Reading God’s word will help with any thoughts that trouble you.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
During quarantine my mind has had more time to just be. I’ve been Praying a lot. Except I’m seeing an increase in awful thoughts. Some being blasphemous, things I never ever want to say to God. I can’t treat my Father that way. I love God the most. Some being to people, who I love. I don’t want to hurt them. I love them. I feel like a monster. Satan’s work. I feel like I’ve lost God’s Will, a friendship that was growing, my future, blessed memories. I feel like I’m not innocent and it’s too late for me to ever be innocent.

Put these thoughts into a basket and consider "the basket."
What's in the basket is real....but not true.

That's the much too quick explanation. But it's correct.

Upvote 0