variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I heard a curious statistic on the radio the other day. Apparently the number of young women who start smoking is outpacing the number of young men who start smoking for the first time in US history. Not surprisingly: lung cancer rates in women are going up faster than men. It sounds to me like some of the message is being ignored.

No, that means more women are smoking as a percentage of smokers, the overall number of smokers is falling.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Study: Fat people cheaper to treat - USATODAY.com

Basically the article cites a study that showed healthy people are more of a burden on a healthcare system than smokers or obese people. So really healthy people should be paying more for the burden they put on overweight smokers. :p

Is it just me, or does Obamacare not appear to be going AWAY from a single payer system? It's that the nirvana liberals dream about, and isn't Obama crushing your ideal state of health care? Don't get me wrong, I don't like Obamacare myself.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Is it just me, or does Obamacare not appear to be going AWAY from a single payer system? It's that the nirvana liberals dream about, and isn't Obama crushing your ideal state of health care? Don't get me wrong, I don't like Obamacare myself.

It was never a single payer system.

It is in fact a heritage foundation idea that Bob Dole and Mitt Romney championed.

It is what Democrats pass when they want to act like they are liberals.

Upvote 0