LET YOUR SMILE CHANGE THE WORLD NOT VICE VERSA
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟16,638.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For your pronouncement to be as meaningful as you imply, you'd have to show us the last time a lresident, and not his wife, attended a first lady's funeral.
Not in the least. Your pronouncement bears the onus of proof. And as you can read arcangle86 shut that down.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Not in the least. Your pronouncement bears the onus of proof. And as you can read arcangle86 shut that down.

Going back five presidents and 35 years -- with one exception for a first lady who was a personal friend of the sitting President's family -- is sufficient enough for most people. If your opinion mattered to me, I would go back further.

However, the actions of Carter, Reagan, Bush I and Bush II establish a pretty solid contemporary tradition. That you expect such a tradition to extend back throughout all of American history would be laughable, except I suspect you're serious.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,094,749.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
George W. Bush didn't have any scheduling conflict that prevented him from attending Lady Bird Johnson's (a fellow Texan's) funeral.

President Obama and Nancy Reagan were both supporters of stem cell research, and I saw a picture of them bonding together over the signing of a bill in 2009.

Upvote 0