Obama judge denies Roger Stone request's for retrial amid increasing evidence of jury bias

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You guys are almost embarrassing....!

almost?

I'm legitimately curious about where the line is that has not (yet) been crossed...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,888.00
Faith
Non-Denom
What was that?
How about sending a swat team to his home to arrest him at around 5:30 in the morning with oh what a coincidence....CNN just happened to be there too with cameras there to film the whole thing! You don't find that in any way extreme?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
How about sending a swat team to his home to arrest him at around 5:30 in the morning

That didn't happen.

However, as usual, FBI sends a bunch of agents in the morning to avoid any potential for fight or flight or destruction of evidence.

Upvote 0

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What exactly is "prosecutor bias"?
When a prosecutor offers a nine-year recommendation for one person accused of crimes and 3.5 years is the standard average for others. When a prosecutor is aware that a juror is biased and doesn't inform the judge. Oh... sorry...that is called judicial misconduct.

So sometime it goes the way of Stone, sometimes it appears ridiculously lenient, as with Jeffrey Epstein's initial sentence.

Although the US Justice Dept is supposedly filled with 19 Democrats to every 1 Republican, the rest of the Federal Prosecution seems more representative of the population at large. Prosecution bias occurs at state and local levels as well.

I have been in civil cases where a city prosecutor approached me asking about criminal evidence against the individual I was sueing. When I asked why he was interested, he said he was aware of several previous criminal violations where, due to the defendant's political affiliations, no charges were brought by the previous city prosecutor.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,888.00
Faith
Non-Denom
That didn't happen.

However, as usual, FBI sends a bunch of agents in the morning to avoid any potential for fight or flight or destruction of evidence.
Oh come on! Did they do that with Hillary Clinton when they so called investigated her?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
How about sending a swat team to his home to arrest him at around 5:30 in the morning with oh what a coincidence....CNN just happened to be there too with cameras there to film the whole thing! You don't find that in any way extreme?

Not at all. CNN was watching his house waiting for the inevitable arrest... the SWAT team chose to enter at an unusual hour to deny him the opportunity to destroy incriminating evidence.

If you consider both the news media and law enforcement acting prudently and competently to be "extreme," well... I can't help you there. Raise your expectations.

Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Oh come on! Did they do that with Hillary Clinton when they so called investigated her?

Hillary has not been indicted for any crimes. You don't arrest people just because some yahoos chant "Lock her up" very loudly.

Not yet, anyway.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
When a prosecutor offers a nine-year recommendation for one person accused of crimes and 3.5 years is the standard average for others. When a prosecutor is aware that a juror is biased and doesn't inform the judge. Oh... sorry...that is called judicial misconduct.

It is now judicial misconduct for a prosecutor to have knowledge of bias?

upload_2019-9-29_13-10-4.jpeg

So sometime it goes the way of Stone, sometimes it appears ridiculously lenient, as with Jeffrey Epstein's initial sentence.

So now it is bias to follow the federal sentencing guidelines?

Although the US Justice Dept is supposedly filled with 19 Democrats to every 1 Republican, the rest of the Federal Prosecution seems more representative of the population at large. Prosecution bias occurs at state and local levels as well.

I have been in civil cases where a city prosecutor approached me asking about criminal evidence against the individual I was sueing. When I asked why he was interested, he said he was aware of several previous criminal violations where, due to the defendant's political affiliations, no charges were brought by the previous city prosecutor.

Sure you have.

Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It is now judicial misconduct for a prosecutor to have knowledge of bias?

314107_771ad6b727f0222096a7dab72f50ebcd.jpeg
American Bar Association
Standard 3-6.3 Selection of Jurors
(e) A prosecutor who learns reasonably reliable information that there was a problem with jury deliberations or conduct that could support an attack on a judgment of conviction and that is recognized as potentially valid in the jurisdiction, should promptly report that information to the appropriate judicial officer and, unless the court orders otherwise, defense counsel.

So you seem to be both deeply ignorant of this topic and too apathetic to take 30-seconds to research it before you decided to post a picture of a bird.

• Agree
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So now it is bias to follow the federal sentencing guidelines?

Here again, any search would have brought out the facts that the US Fed Prosecutors guidelines were more than doubled in the Stone case. Similarly, there were dozens of article about how the prosecution of Epstein seemed to be ridiculously lenient compared to similar cases.

Ignorant and lazy is no way to go through life.

You are now on the "Ignore" pile.

Upvote 0

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hillary has not been indicted for any crimes. You don't arrest people just because some yahoos chant "Lock her up" very loudly.

Not yet, anyway.
you lock them up for obstruction of justice.

"Hillary Clinton’s aides may have obstructed justice by having her emails deleted, the top investigator for the U.S. House charged Tuesday in a letter asking the federal prosecutor in Washington, D.C., to probe the matter.

The computer team Mrs. Clinton hired erased tens of thousands of her emails, even though they were subject to a subpoena and preservation order from Congress, according to the FBI’s investigative notes, some of which were released last week.

The mass-deletion came just days after Platte River Networks, the company Mrs. Clinton hired to handle her server, had a conference call with Mrs. Clinton’s lawyers, who had been in charge of going through the emails, said Rep. Jason Chaffetz, chairman of the House Oversight Committee."

see more: Clinton team may be guilty of obstruction of justice: GOP chairman

So destroying subpoenaed emails is not obstruction of justice?

Remember what your fellow atheist Bill Maher said about Hillary in a CNN interview,

"“She committed obstruction of justice” by “smashing up phones and hard drives,” Maher said, adding, “Now, Trump did, I think, in much worse fashion.”

But that was before Trump was exonerated and the Russia hoax was exposed as starting with...wait for it...Hillary's own campaign, her lawyers, her PR firm and over 51 fisa rules infractions.

So I guess if Maher were honest, which I believe he is occasionally, he would have to drop the second part about Trump and just stay with the facts, Hillary committed obstruction of justice."

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,448.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
American Bar Association
(e) A prosecutor who learns reasonably reliable information that there was a problem with jury deliberations or conduct that could support an attack on a judgment of conviction and that is recognized as potentially valid in the jurisdiction, should promptly report that information to the appropriate judicial officer and, unless the court orders otherwise, defense counsel.

So you seem to be both deeply ignorant of this topic and too apathetic to take 30-seconds to research it before you decided to post a picture of a bird.
The fact that the forewoman was a former Democratic candidate for Congress was disclosed during vor dire. There was no misconduct here.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
you lock them up for obstruction of justice.

She has not been indicted for that crime. Or any other crime. So there is no need to lock her up.

"Hillary Clinton’s aides may have obstructed justice by having her emails deleted, the top investigator for the U.S. House charged Tuesday in a letter asking the federal prosecutor in Washington, D.C., to probe the matter.

That story is from September 2016. Did the prosecutor bring any indictments?

So destroying subpoenaed emails is not obstruction of justice?

After investigation, no charges were brought.

Remember what your fellow atheist Bill Maher

I don't remember that, but his opinion doesn't really mean anything special to me just because he is a 'fellow atheist'.

• Winner
Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
American Bar Association

Odd. No mention of judicial misconduct. Nor anything about bias being "a problem with jury deliberations or conduct that could support an attack on a judgment".

Here again, any search would have brought out the facts that the US Fed Prosecutors guidelines were more than doubled in the Stone case. Similarly, there were dozens of article about how the prosecution of Epstein seemed to be ridiculously lenient compared to similar cases.

Cool. Got a link?

Oh noes! I guess I won't be getting a link anytime soon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

summerville

Feb 22, 2020
Atlanta
✟11,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
From the "As if prosecutor bias wasn't bad enough", files: Judge rejects Roger Stone request for a new trial

Judge Amy Jackson, the Obama appointee who handled Stone’s case for nearly a year and presided over the two-week jury trial last November, rejected Stone’s claim that he was entitled to a new trial following his defense team’s allegations of “bias” regarding one of the jurors.
Trump also criticized Jackson on Tuesday.

Is this the Judge that put Paul Manafort in SOLITARY CONFINEMENT, something that not even mobster Al Capone had to endure?” Trump tweeted. “How did she treat Crooked Hillary Clinton? Just asking!”

Jackson presided over a number of other spinoff cases from Mueller’s two-year investigation, including against former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, former Trump campaign deputy-turned-government’s witness Rick Gates, and former Obama White House counsel Greg Craig.

More info on the jury foreperson: Roger Stone jury foreperson's anti-Trump social media posts surface after she defends DOJ prosecutors

Former Memphis City Schools Board President Tomeka Hart revealed Wednesday that she was the foreperson of the jury that convicted former Trump adviser Roger Stone on obstruction charges last year -- and soon afterward, her history of Democratic activism and a string of her anti-Trump, left-wing social media posts came to light.
Meanwhile, it emerged that U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson had denied a defense request to strike a potential juror who was Obama-era press official with admitted anti-Trump views -- and whose husband worked at the same Justice Department division that handled the probe leading to Stone's arrest. And, another Stone juror, Seth Cousins, donated to former Democratic presidential candidate Beto O'Rourke and other progressive causes, federal election records reviewed by Fox News show.

The revelations came as Trump has called the handling of Stone's prosecution "ridiculous" and a demonstrably unfair "insult to our country." They raised the prospect that Stone's team could again seek a new trial, especially if Hart provided inaccurate responses under oath on her pretrial questionnaires concerning social media activity
.​

Manafort was NOT ever in solitary confinement. He had his own shower and a telephone in his cell.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,448.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green

I read the sentencing memorandum. They explained exactly why they recommended the sentence they did, with reference to both the Guidelines and appropriate case law explaining it.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Big difference -- Hillary was never arrested.

Gnash your teeth at that all you wish.

Upvote 0