서울
✟31,762.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I hate how people think there are no Democrats in the military.

The amount of pro-Iraq war personnel versus anti-Iraq war personnel is probably pretty disheartening for the Left. I also dig the response USMC gave you. lol.

One American life in this war I feel is too much.

About Cold Harbor, that 7,000 figure encompasses all killed, wounded, and missing during the first 30 minutes. And anyway marching straight at well defended trenches shouldn't be compared to urban guerilla warfare.

If you feel one American life is too much then I really do not know what to say... It is this sort of attitude that really shows the declining state of our nation as we are either too cowardly or too ignorant to not fight our enemies. It is an unacceptable attitude for Americans to feel like they can simply bury their head in the sand when the ME is erupting with Islamism and the Iranians, Syrians and North Koreans are in cahoots.

And where do you think Hussein would be standing on the above right now? In all his nobility, a man who drops VX on his own people, I doubt he would be the noble country staying out of these anti-Israel, anti-American plotting.

Upvote 0

Conspiracy Theory

I'm your huckleberry.
Nov 12, 2003
In a s00per sekret nukular bunkar!111!one!!!
✟14,257.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
If you feel one American life is too much then I really do not know what to say...

It shows he needs to do some research on wars, and how they have been waged in the XXth century.

Upvote 0

MacCoyle

Non-Partisan
Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
✟8,737.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The amount of pro-Iraq war personnel versus anti-Iraq war personnel is probably pretty disheartening for the Left. I also dig the response USMC gave you. lol.

If you feel one American life is too much then I really do not know what to say... It is this sort of attitude that really shows the declining state of our nation as we are either too cowardly or too ignorant to not fight our enemies. It is an unacceptable attitude for Americans to feel like they can simply bury their head in the sand when the ME is erupting with Islamism and the Iranians, Syrians and North Koreans are in cahoots.

And where do you think Hussein would be standing on the above right now? In all his nobility, a man who drops VX on his own people, I doubt he would be the noble country staying out of these anti-Israel, anti-American plotting.

1. Just because someone is pro-war doesn't mean they are not a democrat. Of course you liked his response, you both love biogotry and you both think you are better than everyone else.

2. In an acceptable war, I can accept casualties. Not in this quagmire. Not everyone can be a Hawk. Don't you dare call me a coward. Of course you must think those 150,000+ Iraqi civillians that have died since the invasion were our enemies too. People like you sicken me.

3. Think of Real Politique.

Upvote 0

Conspiracy Theory

I'm your huckleberry.
Nov 12, 2003
✟14,257.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
I want to be a person in the audience who asks him what he's going to do about the Army running out of grid squares and the Air Force running out of prop wash.

Not good, especially the Army running out of grid squares. :(

Upvote 0

Rik

The Dude abides
Jan 7, 2005
Next door to Alice.
Visit site
✟11,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I want to be a person in the audience who asks him what he's going to do about the Army running out of grid squares and the Air Force running out of prop wash.

Don't forget the squelch oil and blinker fluid...

Upvote 0

Verv

Senior Veteran
Apr 17, 2005
서울
✟31,762.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
1. Just because someone is pro-war doesn't mean they are not a democrat. Of course you liked his response, you both love biogotry and you both think you are better than everyone else.

2. In an acceptable war, I can accept casualties. Not in this quagmire. Not everyone can be a Hawk. Don't you dare call me a coward. Of course you must think those 150,000+ Iraqi civillians that have died since the invasion were our enemies too. People like you sicken me.

3. Think of Real Politique.

(1) You are right. There are Democrats that are pro war and I have met some in the military. That is why I did not really take up the Elephant and Donkey game.

(2) Then be sick.

A lot of people hav died and even a lot of innocents have died, which is a terrible fact but it is the reality of a very necessary event. There is no room for dictators in the 21st century.

All that is necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing.

(3) I am thinking of it as realistically as I can.

lol

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to My Little Armalite again.

Don't forget the squelch oil and blinker fluid...

Or the batteries for the chem lights.

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?
Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'd say it's revealing and disgusting how this captain gets called a liar simply because some dont like what he had to say. Anybody who jumps on that wagon simply has no integrity nor patriotism. There are so many stupid claims here i woulnt know where to begin to respond. I will say this, it's clear who does and doesnt support our troops.

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
From Fox News: US Troops in Iraq Have Limited Body Armor. Date: Oct 24th, 2003. The Pentagon and DoD admits it was not prepared to supply so many troops with the proper body armor. I saw an earlier claim that soldiers voluntarily didnt wear armor because it was 'heavy and hot.' That has to be one of the dumbest claims in this thread. So let me ask, how many sources need to be provided before peeps apologize for accusing a fellow combat vet of being a liar?

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Jmerville, you say the Pentagon is skeptical of what the captain said. Well, duh! You think the Pentagon, during the Primaries, is going to agree with a critism from the opposing party? C'mon, you are smarter than this and frankly it is disappointing to see you disparage a fellow vet like this. Always viewed you as having more integrity than that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Peeps who are accusing the captain of lying clearly havent done their homework. His statements applied to both pre and post deployment. While at Drum they didnt have supplies needed for training, ie-ammo. Once in Afghanistan they didnt have the up-armored hummers. He did say they had no problems getting ammo for standard issue, only a problem for .50 cal since those resources were redirected to Iraq. Everyone who falsely accused this captain simply showed their patriotism is purely partisan. Newsflash: that's not patriotism, it's nationalism.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Protip: If you find yourself agreeing with Mach more than once a year you might want to re-examine your positions.
If you don't agree with Mach more than once a year, you might be a librul :D.

P.S. there's a reason we conservative are called the Right (that would be as opposed to the Wrong)

Upvote 0

notto

Legend
May 31, 2002
Visit site
✟22,369.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Upvote 0

Conspiracy Theory

I'm your huckleberry.
Nov 12, 2003
✟14,257.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Conspiracy Theory

I'm your huckleberry.
Nov 12, 2003
✟14,257.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
No. He is explaining his concerns about the military action in Iraq and using actual comments and information from service members to illustrate it.

And he'd handle them better, right?

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And he'd handle them better, right?
What's funny about this is that if a guy comes out publically and identifies himself and makes himself available to the media but says somethng bad about Obama, he is immediately a fraud. But if he hides behind a cloak of secrecy spouting what amounts to unverifiable hearsay, yet says something bad about Bush, it's like the Gospel as far as the left is concerned

Upvote 0

notto

Legend
May 31, 2002
Visit site
✟22,369.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
What's funny about this is that if a guy comes out publically and identifies himself and makes himself available to the media but says somethng bad about Obama, he is immediately a fraud. But if he hides behind a cloak of secrecy spouting what amounts to unverifiable hearsay, yet says something bad about Bush, it's like the Gospel as far as the left is concerned

Are you suggesting that this captain of the armed forces is not a better source than a crackhead?

Upvote 0