Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Well, because that is the site I was reading at the time - not really hard a concept to understand and not anything nefarious.

You need to stop paying attention to Fox News. The network is now financially on record for admitting all they ever do is lie, lie, and lie some more, or at best make misleading statements and cover up the facts. So to be an honest man as God commanded, you must read and post totally different sources.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟143,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You need to stop paying attention to Fox News. It is nothing but blatant lies 24/7. If you want to be honest as God commanded, you must only use real news sources that never mislead people to believe what is obviously not true.
Let me know what those sources are. Surely you don’t mean ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC or CNN

Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
We could say the EXACT same thing about the 117th. Could we not.

Example in my signature
The 'example' in your signature is false. The investigation *made* money due to all the seizures of fraudulent assets. Plus it established that the Trump administration colluded with Russia.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Let me know what those sources are. Surely you don’t mean ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC or CNN

The Associated Press and Reuters are 501(c)(3) organizations that only exist to report totally unbiased factual news.

PBS is also widely considered politically neutral.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Here’s another source
Drilling down to the original NYT article, it says the exact opposite of what you and the Washington Examiner claim it says. From the NYT:

Mr. Weiss said in a letter to Congress this month that he had not been constrained in pursuing the investigation. Mr. Weiss said in the letter, dated June 7, that he had been “granted ultimate authority over this matter, including responsibility for deciding where, when and whether to file charges.”

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
LOL - you really expect him to admit he lied and obstructed the investigation? Really?
I'd expect your article to say what you claim it says. It doesn't.

"NYT says Whistleblower makes unsubstantiated claim" would be a more appropriate headline.

• Winner
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟143,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Associated Press and Reuters are 501(c)(3) organizations that only exist to report totally unbiased factual news.

PBS is also widely considered politically neutral.
Sorry I can’t agree about AP and especially PBS. I don’t know much about Reuters so you might be right about that one

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The 'example' in your signature is false. The investigation *made* money due to all the seizures of fraudulent assets. Plus it established that the Trump administration colluded with Russia.

Collusion with Russia was proven by Robert Mueller, who listed 10 crimes that could have been articles of impeachment if Donald Trump had been President in 2016. The problem was as a sitting President he was immune to punishment for collusion with Russia before he became President.

• Winner
Reactions: NxNW
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟143,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Drilling down to the original NYT article, it says the exact opposite of what you and the Washington Examiner claim it says. From the NYT:

Mr. Weiss said in a letter to Congress this month that he had not been constrained in pursuing the investigation. Mr. Weiss said in the letter, dated June 7, that he had been “granted ultimate authority over this matter, including responsibility for deciding where, when and whether to file charges.”
From the article you linked
He testified that Mr. Weiss, despite his public statements to the contrary, was also unhappy, and that he complained about being handcuffed by higher-ups in the department.
Things came to a head during a meeting among investigators on Oct. 7, when Mr. Weiss made an unexpected admission to him in the presence of several other federal law enforcement officials, according to Mr. Shapley’s account.

“He surprised us by telling us on the charges, quote: ‘I’m not the deciding official on whether charges are filed,’” said Mr. Shapley, a longtime Republican who has said he is motivated by the evenhanded application of justice, not politics.
“To add to the surprise, U.S. Attorney Weiss stated that he subsequently asked for special counsel authority from Main D.O.J. at that time and was denied that authority,” he added.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Like Fox News, The Washington Examiner is far right and does not care about the facts. So it is no surprise that newspaper also is lying about the NYT article.

• Useful
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Sorry I can’t agree about AP and especially PBS. I don’t know much about Reuters so you might be right about that one

Reuters is so unbiased it controversially refused to call the September 11, 2001 terrorists what they were.

Reactions: ToddNotTodd
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
And who is Weiss's direct report - who would be the one stopping him?
Please quote the part of the article that sustains this allegation. What I read contradicts it:
Mr. Weiss said in a letter to Congress this month that he had not been constrained in pursuing the investigation. Mr. Weiss said in the letter, dated June 7, that he had been “granted ultimate authority over this matter, including responsibility for deciding where, when and whether to file charges.” He has yet to face more specific questions from House Republicans in the wake of Mr. Shapley’s testimony.

Then further down:
A spokeswoman for Mr. Weiss did not return a request for comment. In his June 7 letter to Representative Jim Jordan, chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, he wrote that he had “ultimate authority” over every aspect of the investigation, which seemed to contradict Mr. Shapley’s claim that he had said he was not the deciding official in the case. (Mr. Jordan subsequently sent a letter asking Mr. Weiss to clarify what “ultimate authority” means.)
In a short news release last week setting out the terms of the deal with Mr. Biden, Mr. Weiss added without explanation: “The investigation is ongoing.” It is unclear whether that phrase was just Justice Department boilerplate, a hint about the possibility of more charges arising from the inquiry or a shield against demands for documents and testimony about the Biden case from Congress.

The article does confirm that Mr. Shapely made the accusations, but not that Mr. Weiss confirmed them. If I'm missing the part that says what your Fox article claims, please quote it because I don't see it.
What one tells their superiors and what one tells their underlings aren’t necessarily going to jive.
This may be that?

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
He testified that Mr. Weiss, despite his public statements to the contrary, was also unhappy, and that he complained about being handcuffed by higher-ups in the department.
Things came to a head during a meeting among investigators on Oct. 7, when Mr. Weiss made an unexpected admission to him in the presence of several other federal law enforcement officials, according to Mr. Shapley’s account.

“He surprised us by telling us on the charges, quote: ‘I’m not the deciding official on whether charges are filed,’” said Mr. Shapley, a longtime Republican who has said he is motivated by the evenhanded application of justice, not politics.
“To add to the surprise, U.S. Attorney Weiss stated that he subsequently asked for special counsel authority from Main D.O.J. at that time and was denied that authority,” he added.
Weiss says otherwise via official channels. Rumors are irrelevant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

That’s Shapely’s testimony which contradicts Weiss’. Some say whistleblower while others say disgruntled employee. Shapely seems angry that Weiss declined to promote him; this could just be revenge.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟143,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That’s Shapely’s testimony which contradicts Weiss’. Some say whistleblower while others say disgruntled employee. Shapely seems angry that Weiss declined to promote him; this could just be revenge.
You can always speculate on what it could be but I understand that other whistleblowers have come forward and there are 6 so far.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LOL - you really expect him to admit he lied and obstructed the investigation? Really?
Your article claims that the NYT confirmed Shapley’s account. Please quote the part that does this. Merely stating what he said is not confirming it, especially when it gives a conflicting account.

Weiss conducted the investigation. Are you claiming he obstructed the investigation he conducted? That is not Shapeley’s allegation which is that Garland interfered, not Weiss.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You can always speculate on what it could be but I understand that other whistleblowers have come forward and there are 6 so far.
Who are they and what exactly does each claim?

Also show that the claim in the OP is accurate as this is the topic.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟143,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who are they and what exactly does each claim?

Also show that the claim in the OP is accurate as this is the topic.
We will have to wait and see what comes of it and I don’t care about your demands

Upvote 0