Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was overweight as a teenager, and I probably eat twice the amount of food now than I did then. I'm only about 10 to 12% bodyfat these days. I'd struggle to get fat now.

Yes, a lot of appetite is metabolism/hormones/age. I'm a little overweight but have little appetite and don't eat much. I dated a few people who were thin with high energy/metabolism, and to me they were always eating, I couldn't believe how hungry they got and how much food they consumed. I would hate to have to depend on food to that degree, not to mention the cost of getting all that food daily. I don't like spending much money on food in general so no thanks, give me my slower metabolism instead.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
Yes, a lot of appetite is metabolism/hormones/age. I'm a little overweight but have little appetite and don't eat much. I dated a few people who were thin with high energy/metabolism, and to me they were always eating, I couldn't believe how hungry they got and how much food they consumed. I would hate to have to depend on food to that degree, not to mention the cost of getting all that food daily. I don't like spending much money on food in general so no thanks, give me my slower metabolism instead.

I don't think people consider the hormonal aspect of it enough (if at all). If someone is chronically overweight, it likely isn't anything to do with diet. I don't like this idea of pointing the finger at 'the obese' for that reason - possibly due to the fact that I eat more than they do.

A fast metabolism can be manipulated up to a point. Fat is obviously twice the calories of protein and carbohydrates, so one makes an effort to butter their bacon lol.

No but seriously, dietary fat is a good thing in that regard. You wouldn't actually want to eat more than what is enough. Carbs I can eat all day. Fat will eventually stop me in my tracks.

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian