Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is both. The Ten Commandments were the first covenant, called the ministry of death.

Our New Covenant is the indwelling Spirit, thus the ministry of the Spirit.

The New Covenant is a covenant with Israel. The Bible doesn't say the New Covenant is the indwelling of the Spirit.

Upvote 0

swordsman1

May 3, 2015
✟252,447.00
Faith
Christian
I understand the confusion. 1 Corinthian 12 gifts were for the profit of all. But the Mark 16:16-17 gifts were for us individually, separate from the congregation. Individually we are to pray in the Spirit (tongues), and sing in the Spirit (praise). And also with the understanding, not just all tongues or all understanding.

No, in Mark 16 it says the tongues were for a sign to others, not for individuals.

"And these signs will accompany those who believe"​

Today nobody speaks in tongues, or picks up deadly snakes or drinks poison without harm. That prophecy of Jesus was fulfilled in the 1st Century AD.

Reactions: Butch5
Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
The New Covenant is a covenant with Israel. The Bible doesn't say the New Covenant is the indwelling of the Spirit.

The Old Covenant was the covenant with national Israel. The New Covenant is with spiritual Israel, which includes Gentiles. It is of the Spirit, not the flesh.

Upvote 0

ICONO'CLAST

Apr 2, 2005
new york
✟93,319.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I probably don't know everything, but I know enough to know that nothing ceases inside a covenant until the covenant, itself, ends. Each covenant also has a sign of the covenant. Do you know the sign of the Old Covenant? Do you know the Sign of the New Covenant?

So be my guest - teach me what I don't know. I'm very interested - honestly.

First, Does anyone want to defend this nonsense?

I posted this yesterday in another thread. Anyone want to defend this???

i really like the 2:50 bing bong make ging gong bo dah....ala bro to ta...lol That is enough to cause holy laughter,:scratch::tutu:at the 3;40 some ha da kada mona, eggey papa,oh dong ka ha,hehehehe cona mong goona
laughing like a lunatic at the 5;40 mark...esay monhonakay
at 7;10-7;35 completely disgraceful nonsense....ora touchatay, oratouchatay, mondo ,sondo condo...what a loser and these fools sit there. at the ten minute mark,erorr tata, yes yes yes yes yesyes yes yes yes...oh so crew ragu, malutay, oconga, a lechi eto, traton daton, lambradouchi data motay,hehehehe sunday conday munday mehmeh meh ha so tay...then this important message alolucha brakey hohoho ho ah oh oh makadie mahmah mah a ho ahomamma geten gotten getten heh heh heh...see hu rah tay see huratay, ma pa the theif yeah yeah yeah aha haha ya hey keygo...no no no karadame gala mongnanga esatory atee, yah man ottee

are you getting all this needful information:clap::swoon::bow:

You can promote this garbage if you want...Not going there myself:|

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
No, in Mark 16 it says the tongues were for a sign to others, not for individuals.

Today nobody speaks in tongues, or picks up deadly snakes or drinks poison without harm. That prophecy of Jesus was fulfilled in the 1st Century AD.

And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

They will have these abilities. As far as to others, it is a sign to unbelievers. Do you think that is a positive sign? Read it in context. 1 Corinthians 14:22-23

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Eha
Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Agreed. It's even in the text.

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen. (Mk. 16:17-20 KJV)

The signs were to follow those who believe the apostles. It's clear. I'm not sure why those who claim the gifts are active don't see that.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
First, Does anyone want to defend this nonsense?

I posted this yesterday in another thread. Anyone want to defend this???

i really like the 2:50 bing bong make ging gong bo dah....ala bro to ta...lol That is enough to cause holy laughter,:scratch::tutu:at the 3;40 some ha da kada mona, eggey papa,oh dong ka ha,hehehehe cona mong goona
laughing like a lunatic at the 5;40 mark...esay monhonakay
at 7;10-7;35 completely disgraceful nonsense....ora touchatay, oratouchatay, mondo ,sondo condo...what a loser and these fools sit there. at the ten minute mark,erorr tata, yes yes yes yes yesyes yes yes yes...oh so crew ragu, malutay, oconga, a lechi eto, traton daton, lambradouchi data motay,hehehehe sunday conday munday mehmeh meh ha so tay...then this important message alolucha brakey hohoho ho ah oh oh makadie mahmah mah a ho ahomamma geten gotten getten heh heh heh...see hu rah tay see huratay, ma pa the theif yeah yeah yeah aha haha ya hey keygo...no no no karadame gala mongnanga esatory atee, yah man ottee

are you getting all this needful information:clap::swoon::bow:

You can promote this garbage if you want...Not going there myself:|

What is more important, who wants to mock it?

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree. He wants to change us. What is human nature? I want it NOW!!!

What I am getting at, and what I've used ever since I received it in 1977 is listening for His voice, that I could then clearly hear. He now tells me what to pray, I repeat His words exactly, and it comes to pass.
That's great, but it is unique to you. I don't think we can make a doctrine out of our unique relationship with God and our unique giftings. Just because it worked for you doesn't mean it will work for everyone. You were called to that, not everyone.

1 Corinthians 12:17-19
If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? 18 But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19 If they were all one part, where would the body be?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Old Covenant was the covenant with national Israel. The New Covenant is with spiritual Israel, which includes Gentiles. It is of the Spirit, not the flesh.

No, it's With nation Israel.

31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:1
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. (Jer. 31:31-33 KJV)

Upvote 0

ICONO'CLAST

Apr 2, 2005
new york
✟93,319.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is both. The Ten Commandments were the first covenant, called the ministry of death.

Our New Covenant is the indwelling Spirit, thus the ministry of the Spirit.
You really should study before you attempt to post about something you have no understanding of, don't you think?
You are butchering the whole concept of the core teaching of what is known as covenant theology.
Most cessationists are indeed Covenant theologians, so for you to suggest otherwise is not wise.
You introduced the term which is a study in and of itself.
What you have actually done is say let's play scrabble, and brought out a chessboard and pieces.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Agreed. It's even in the text.

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen. (Mk. 16:17-20 KJV)

The signs were to follow those who believe the apostles. It's clear. I'm not sure why those who claim the gifts are active don't see that.

Were only apostles to spread the gospel, or are we all? Were only the apostles baptized and saved?

You missed a verse - 16.
16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will follow those who believe

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Eha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
That's not a commandment.

1 Corinthians 14:2 For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries.

1 Corinthians 14:37 If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord. 38 But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant.

Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Were only apostles to spread the gospel, or are we all? Were only the apostles baptized and saved?

You missed a verse - 16.
16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will follow those who believe

No, but they are the only ones who could bestow the gifts.

18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money, (Acts 8:18 KJV)

6 Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands. (2 Tim. 1:6 KJV)

Upvote 0

ICONO'CLAST

Apr 2, 2005
new york
✟93,319.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Yes, in MK 16 the signs were going to attend Apostolic preaching;
14 Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

Reactions: Butch5
Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 14:2 For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries.

1 Corinthians 14:37 If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord. 38 But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant.

Verse 2 is an explanation. Do you realize that Chapter 14 was written to the Corinthian Church? It was a Church that had the gifts. That's why Paul writes this. That doesn't mean that people today have those same gifts.

Upvote 0