Number One Flaw in Cessationism

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟252,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
For us who live on Earth, the perfect thing is Christ's second coming.

Until then faith, hope and love are vital. Some who see and hear him, experience his second coming will have faith, hope and love, righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. And tongues will cease. Prophecy, goes silent, his voice is heard directly to all.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟218,041.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For us who live on Earth, the perfect thing is Christ's second coming.

Until then faith, hope and love are vital. Some who see and hear him, experience his second coming will have faith, hope and love, righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. And tongues will cease. Prophecy, goes silent, his voice is heard directly to all.

So when I asked you earlier here

So from the conclusion of 1 Corinthians 13, do you interpret Paul as saying, when tongues finally cease, faith, hope and charity will still abide?

Your answer is actually no, instead of yes?

Because if your answer is yes, then there must come a time where tongues cease after the perfect comes, but we still need to have faith and hope.

Which means the perfect, when that happened, cannot be Christ's 2nd coming

You understand my point?

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟252,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
So when I asked you earlier here

Your answer is actually no, instead of yes?

Because if your answer is yes, then there must come a time where tongues cease after the perfect comes, but we still need to have faith and hope.

Which means the perfect, when that happened, cannot be Christ's 2nd coming

You understand my point?
Love will always be topmost, faith will not stop even when we do not need it. Hope is part of faith according to Hebrews 11:1-4. And when we see Christ's second coming, if we live until then, we will hope for new things, the old realized, injustice ends as His rule begins, then we can hope for the healing of the nations, over time starting immediately. Love is then more in action.

You can then pray direct to God and have faith differently. You can see the One who answers prayer, and faith is easy. No longer tongues.

Until then faith, hope and love are the most important things, and under a new situation they will continue after Christ returns.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟218,041.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Love will always be topmost, faith will not stop even when we do not need it. Hope is part of faith according to Hebrews 11:1-4. And when we see Christ's second coming, if we live until then, we will hope for new things, the old realized, injustice ends as His rule begins, then we can hope for the healing of the nations, over time starting immediately. Love is then more in action.

You can then pray direct to God and have faith differently. You can see the One who answers prayer, and faith is easy. No longer tongues.

Until then faith, hope and love are the most important things, and under a new situation they will continue after Christ returns.

So that is how you understand the final verse of 1 Corinthians 13.

I see, thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0