Dallas
✟885,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you know why people say this God is the God of Wrath and Judgement?

What about God is spirit, joy, peace, forbearance, gentleness, forgiveness, merciful, loving?

This is because God has chosen to utilize both love and fear to gather to Him as many as possible. Different people need different motivation and personally I think the fear aspect is what leads many to Christ in their latter days when they know that their time here is coming to an end. I see it as a push and pull at the same time.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Revelation chapters 6-19 show us the Wrath of God being poured out upon the whole earth with the plagues of the seals, trumpets, bowls and finally the great battle of chapters 17-19.

Revelation 15:1
I saw in heaven another great and marvelous sign: seven angels with the seven last plagues—last, because with them God’s wrath is completed.

Revelation 16
The sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up to prepare the way for the kings from the East. 13 Then I saw three impure spirits that looked like frogs; they came out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 They are demonic spirits that perform signs, and they go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them for the battle on the great day of God Almighty.

15 “Look, I come like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake and remains clothed, so as not to go naked and be shamefully exposed.”

16 Then they gathered the kings together to the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon.

17 The seventh angel poured out his bowl into the air, and out of the temple came a loud voice from the throne, saying, “It is done!” 18 Then there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder and a severe earthquake. No earthquake like it has ever occurred since mankind has been on earth, so tremendous was the quake. 19 The great city split into three parts, and the cities of the nations collapsed. God remembered Babylon the Great and gave her the cup filled with the wine of the fury of his wrath. 20 Every island fled away and the mountains could not be found. 21 From the sky huge hailstones, each weighing about a hundred pounds, fell on people. And they cursed God on account of the plague of hail, because the plague was so terrible.

Revelation 19
1 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.” He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

king of kings and lord of lords.

17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair, “Come, gather together for the great supper of God, 18 so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and the mighty, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, great and small.”

19 Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage war against the rider on the horse and his army. 20 But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. 21 The rest were killed with the sword coming out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh.

Revelation 20
Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

hope this helps !!!

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, as the writer of Hebrews says we come to Him because we believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who earnestly seek Him.

If we believe He is, but think He is a torturing entity that does not reward anyone just for trying (since we cannot do much else) - then we won't be able to come to Him.

Believing that there is a God and that this God is good and gives good gifts to those who make an effort to seek Him - results in us finding Him ... and noticing that He was present and waiting the whole time.

We aren't rewarded for just trying or making an effort. Taking up the cross and following isn't easy. Every day we are faced with trials and everyday many fail, including myself.

So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
We aren't rewarded for just trying or making an effort. Taking up the cross and following isn't easy. Every day we are faced with trials and everyday many fail, including myself.

So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth.
However, God is the judge of His servants.

Servants don't judge each other, well - you can, but that results in some punishment from on high.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
However, God is the judge of His servants.

Servants don't judge each other, well - you can, but that results in some punishment from on high.

Actually I believe we are to judge one another. We are not to judge as hypocrites. We are to judge rightfully.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Actually I believe we are to judge one another. We are not to judge as hypocrites. We are to judge rightfully.
I find the way it is taught in church results in toxic relationships, and way too much gossip.

So I don't disagree with the concept per se - just the common application.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I find the way it is taught in church results in toxic relationships, and way too much gossip.

So I don't disagree with the concept per se - just the common application.

How are we to know if nobody corrects us? If you truly love someone you don't want to see them fall. The toxic part is from the ones who don't want to be corrected, the ones who think they do no wrong. Myself I want to be called out for making mistakes. My goal is to reach heaven not just think I'm going to and at the last minute find out I'm wrong. Judge me all you want, it will make me a better person.

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

What about God is spirit, joy, peace, forbearance, gentleness, forgiveness, merciful, loving?
A "day" of wrath has been made known in the Gospel message to those who don't believe God, refuse to repent and love to do evil. We read in REV how those who suffered under Gods wrath cursed God and refused to repent even though God had their life in His hands.

After all the warnings and rebukes have been refused, and we read of those who take joy in the killing of Gods witnesses in REV 11, God will show Himself Holy.

It was God who sent the "good news" to the world. They didn't come to Him. God went to them with this intent.
to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in Jesus.

If you see Jesus you see the Father.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
How are we to know if nobody corrects us? If you truly love someone you don't want to see them fall. The toxic part is from the ones who don't want to be corrected, the ones who think they do no wrong. Myself I want to be called out for making mistakes. My goal is to reach heaven not just think I'm going to and at the last minute find out I'm wrong. Judge me all you want, it will make me a better person.
There's a discipline of being able to self examine, it's tough to learn because you need to be able to say things that are harsh about yourself without hesitating. However, once this becomes part of the basis, it's not that hard to figure out something went wrong based on the short term and also long term results of an action.

It's helpful having extra eyes to look out for you - but only if they are not clogged with lumber.

Upvote 0

Norman70

Nov 8, 2018
St Philip
✟62,302.00
Country
Barbados
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a great deal of misunderstanding between authority and authoritarianism, by nearly everyone, Christians and non-Christians. God has authority but He is not authoritarian. My plumber has authority over me, he can fix my leaky pipe, I cannot. An author of a book holds that authority. Authoritarianism is exercised by those who wish to wield the threat of some sort of punishment for disobeying their authority, exemplified by all civil governments who assert their authority with police, the military and ultimately the threat or reality of war. 1 Samuel explains clearly what will happen if we want a human king. God told Samuel that if you give the Israelites a king he will put the men in the army and the women in the fields. It seems as if it all went wrong from there. God bless.

Reactions: mlepfitjw
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 5:9-13
I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.

12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.

hope this helps !!!

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 5:9-13
I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.

12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.

hope this helps !!!

That was the verse I was thinking about. We are to judge our own. Thank you

Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
It seems to take a good bit of deconstruction to get past the image of God as being the equivalent of an abusive spouse or father or worse. While you can be threatened into serving someone or being enslaved to someone, you cannot be threatened into loving someone. The whole concept of, "You had better love God or else you will tortured for eternity" is both repulsive, ineffective for many, and contradictory to the gospel. I don't care how many verses someone cherry-picks out of context to "prove" that God is vengeful and hates most of his creation, I consider it to be a false Christianity and not the God I have come to see in the person who is Jesus Christ. However, the popularity of the version I deem as "God the abuser" would explain much concerning the current state of the U.S. and some other parts of the western world.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,383.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It seems to take a good bit of deconstruction to get past the image of God as being the equivalent of an abusive spouse or father or worse. While you can be threatened into serving someone or being enslaved to someone, you cannot be threatened into loving someone. The whole concept of, "You had better love God or else you will tortured for eternity" is both repulsive, ineffective for many, and contradictory to the gospel. I don't care how many verses someone cherry-picks out of context to "prove" that God is vengeful and hates most of his creation, I consider it to be a false Christianity and not the God I have come to see in the person who is Jesus Christ. However, the popularity of the version I deem as "God the abuser" would explain much concerning the current state of the U.S. and some other parts of the western world.
7Pay everyone what you owe him: taxes to whom taxes are due, revenue to whom revenue is due, respect to whom respect is due, honor to whom honor is due. Romans 13

“You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.” Proverbs 15:18

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you know why people say this God is the God of Wrath and Judgement?...

I believe God is love, as said in the Bible. Do you think Love allows evil to continue forever?

He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:8

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wrath is the experience of corruption in the presence of the pure and holy.

Universalism is bogus.

God can’t and won’t tolerate the evil or corrupt in His presence, which is why it says in Revelation that no one who is a liar or does what is wrong will be allowed into the city where God and men shall dwell forever in Revelation 21:27.

• Agree
Reactions: Navair2
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

What about God is spirit, joy, peace
, forbearance, gentleness, forgiveness, merciful, loving?
Because God is both Just and Loving (Good).

The Justice of God governs God's others attributes, as seen in the death of Christ.

God's love for and his adoption of men as his sons had to be according to God's Justice, which is why Christ had to die an atoning death for men to be saved from God's wrath on their sin (Ro 5:9) .

• Useful
Reactions: Navair2
Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Someone had mentioned about judging and it reminds me of the verse in

12So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.

Each person will see God and will give an account on upon arrival, for believers, they will go to be with the Lord God Almighty in the heavenly Jerusalem that is give freely to all people who believe in God, or Creator God, Lord Yeshua, Jesus, Great maker of all in the universe. How ever one may see or believe as long as they have faith they go there.

Each person - however who rejects God on the account of having to face, the fire that consumes everything and leaves all that is good of you afterwards. Though if you totally reject God bluntly, from what the bible explains people are outside the gates of the heavenly Jerusalem.

One interesting note is that it does not say the gates between the outside, to inside of Jerusalem is ever closed or shut.

Romans 14: 13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.

Romans 14:13 So let’s stop condemning each other. Decide instead to live in such a way that you will not cause another believer to stumble and fall.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Someone had mentioned about judging and it reminds me of the verse in

12So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.

Romans 14: 13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.

Romans 14:13 So let’s stop condemning each other. Decide instead to live in such a way that you will not cause another believer to stumble and fall.
This can be dismissed by the context.

Someone else will probably point that out.

This passage is about condemning people by destroying their weak faith by eating food they think is evil. People tend to avoid this passage because people with strong faith but idolatry of the law want to enforce the mosaic dietary restrictions.

They become condemned because they stop believing. They stop believing because it's based on an ideological premise and not entirely on Jesus.

• Informative
Reactions: mlepfitjw
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.