Null/Voided Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How could a biblical statement be any more inclusive than this?
- every created thing
- in heaven
- or on the earth
- or under the earth (in the realm of the dead)
- or on the sea
- and all the things in them

Who are we missing here? (no one, no thing)

Radical inclusivism. Not missing anyone, but a few are a bit slow to catch up.

• Agree
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 15:23
But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟273,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hm, I'll try again, though I do suspect you're being deliberately obtuse Clare.

Isa 45:23 eventually finds its consummation in Rev 5:13.
Or maybe in light of your four deliberate misrepresentations of Scripture in post #534, I don't trust your presentations of Scripture.

"Consummation in Rev 5:13" is according to your personal interpretation of prophecy, and prophecy is subject to more than one interpretation.

I see it quite differently, and more in context.
Since the context of Isa 45:23 is the deliverance and restoration of Israel after the Babylonian exile, I see the meaning of 45:23 to be in
the prophecy of 45:14, where the nations of Egypt, Cush, Seba will come over, bow down and acknowledge Israel's God.

And it has nothing to do with "allegiance," which you inserted into the texts, neither in Isa 45:23, 14 nor Ro 14:11. . .just more sloppy handling of Scripture, as in post #534.

So the 'swearing' is heard in the words that creation speaks in unison "To Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be the blessing, the honor, the glory, and the dominion forever and ever."

Is that allegiance? It's much more than that. Giving honour and worship to God. Can you say that's forced confession? Don't think so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1 Corinthians 15:23
But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him.

Beautiful passage that one, leading up to 1 Cor 15:28, where Jesus finally gives the whole of creation that has submitted to him, to the Father:

When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all in all.

That would be the ta panta, the radical all - all things in heaven, in the sea, on the earth and under the earth, as created in those 6 days of genesis. From Him, through Him and to Him are all things. And then the sabbath of sabbaths, the jubilee of jubilees. All the myriad 7s in the Book of Revelation.

• Agree
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.