Manhattan, KS
✟189,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wrote this earlier today in a different thread so copy and paste. I think the great city mentioned in Revelation can only be Jerusalem.

Rev 16:14 For they are demonic spirits, performing signs, who go abroad to the kings of the whole world, to assemble them for battle on the great day of God the Almighty.

Rev 17:18 And the woman that you saw is the great city that has dominion over the kings of the earth.

What is the great city, mentioned in Revelation? It can only be Jerusalem. Notice how the above passage says "dominion over the kings", not dominion over the entire world, just the rulers of the earth. Interesting...

Rev_17:9 This calls for a mind with wisdom: the seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman is seated;
www.pakpeaks.com

Seven Hills of Jerusalem

(Google Map Satellite View of Jerusalem) There are many cities in the world historically believed to be built on Seven Hills. Jerusalem is one of them.Seven hills of Jerusalem are Mount of Olives, Mount Scopus, Mount
www.pakpeaks.com
www.pakpeaks.com

How can we be certain the great city is Jerusalem?

Rev 11:7 And when they have finished their testimony, the beast that rises from the bottomless pit will make war on them and conquer them and kill them,
Rev 11:8 and their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city that symbolically is called Sodom and Egypt, where their Lord was crucified.

There is only one place where Jesus was killed..
I've read and heard that theory before as well. It certainly holds some merit. I personally don't subscribe to it, as the great city is destroyed by the beast, and I think scripture says pretty clearly that Jerusalem will survive through to Jesus' return. So that alone should eliminate Jerusalem as Babylon the Great.

Upvote 0

The Hour IS AT HAND

I think the AoD is on the earth
Aug 21, 2023
Phoenix
Visit site
✟12,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've read and heard that theory before as well. It certainly holds some merit. I personally don't subscribe to it, as the great city is destroyed by the beast, and I think scripture says pretty clearly that Jerusalem will survive through to Jesus' return. So that alone should eliminate Jerusalem as Babylon the Great.
Which verses are you referring too?

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well i am talking about with the use of fire like is spoken of in Revelation 18. Like God uses for all the peoples of earth who follow satan in a rebellion in Revelation

Therefore her plagues will come in one day—death and mourning and famine. And she will be utterly burned with fire, for strong is the Lord God who judges her.
Have you read the language Isaiah 13 uses to describe that 539 BC destruction of Babylon at the hands of the Medes?

6 Wail, for the day of the Lord is at hand!
It will come as destruction from the Almighty.
7 Therefore all hands will be limp,
Every man’s heart will melt,
8 And they will be afraid.
Pangs and sorrows will take hold of them;
They will be in pain as a woman in childbirth;
They will be amazed at one another;
Their faces will be like flames.
9 Behold, the day of the Lord comes,
Cruel, with both wrath and fierce anger,
To lay the land desolate;
And He will destroy its sinners from it.
10 For the stars of heaven and their constellations
Will not give their light;
The sun will be darkened in its going forth,
And the moon will not cause its light to shine.
11 “I will punish the world for its evil,
And the wicked for their iniquity;
I will halt the arrogance of the proud,
And will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.
12 I will make a mortal more rare than fine gold,
A man more than the golden wedge of Ophir.
13 Therefore I will shake the heavens,
And the earth will move out of her place,
In the wrath of the Lord of hosts
And in the day of His fierce anger.
14 It shall be as the hunted gazelle,
And as a sheep that no man takes up;
Every man will turn to his own people,
And everyone will flee to his own land.
15 Everyone who is found will be thrust through,
And everyone who is captured will fall by the sword.
16 Their children also will be dashed to pieces before their eyes;
Their houses will be plundered
And their wives ravished.
17 “Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them,
Who will not regard silver;
And as for gold, they will not delight in it.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sure this has been spoken of before, so don't be too mean to me if so.

I'm reading through Revelation and in Chapter 18 it speaks of Babylon the great being completely destroyed in one hour, consumed by fire. The devastation so dramatic that the Lord even tells His people to come out of her so they do not catch His judgement with the lawless.

I think (a lot!) and something came to mind, that what are the chances this is referring to perhaps a nuclear weapon?

In the previous chapter, Babylon the Great is described as an immoral woman who is hated passionately by the beast and ten horns. And cities are so massive now that it almost seems impossible for an entire city to be destroyed, especially a large and powerful one, in one hour.

Now granted, one hour might not mean a literal hour, but rather a short space of time. I'll acknowledge that, but it seems to be such a sudden event by the mourning that happens over it, and the "smoke and fire" that are reminders of her past immoralities.
There is an old prophecy from around 1964(?) called the Valdres Prophecy, which can be viewed on YouTube. I have written down the transcript here Valdres Prophecy Predicts Nuclear War | Everybody Matters Ministry It seems quite accurate in what it has predicted so far. It tells us that the current war we have with Russia will turn Nuclear.

• Informative
Reactions: ByTheSpirit
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I'm not reall much into endtimes prophesy. Mostly because the Bible says

2 Peter 3:10

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed.

Mark 13:32 l​

“But concerning that day or that hour, no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

There are many other passages that say the same thing so it made it easy for me to not think about it or figure out when it will happen.

Though I suppose if I had the financial resources, I would get myself some acreage and build underground bringing with me a horde of grow lights, seeds, and farm animals. I saw a bunker on Youtube or something like that which was built with dozens of chopped up school buses that had been modified into this nework of corridors. It was water tight and it had it's own source of electricity. Pretty ingenious actually. It was huge I've seen other engineers put together super secure bunkers complete with security doors, lighting and a huge armory. Nice fantasy but I would never have the money to have someone build it, nor the skills to build it myself.

Having said that, my gut tells me that the end of days will be brought about by nuclear war. If a nuclear war ever jumps off with Russia especially and their new nuke that can be sent anywhere in the world (I'm sure we have them too) The USA and any of her allies major cities can be destroyed. With the capability of the US and China's programs, it's enough to wipe out most of the infrastructure on the globe. That will be a time of massive number of people will die outright, farming would collapse because of nuclear winter blotting out the sun for who knows how long. People would turn on each other and hijack food, clothing, and shelter from anyone who can't defend themselves from the horde. A total Mad Max situation all over the place.

But, I'm sure underground communities will grow if they have access to electricity and the ability to manufacture the lights that are able to grow plants. The sun and soil would be spoiled for generations but humans have come a long way in engineering and technology so I hope more than the 144,000 people wil survive.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟290,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is more than one place in Revelation that could be Nuclear War. See the following passage, seemingly unrelated to the beast, and Babylon.

Rev 8:6-11 So the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound. The first angel sounded: And hail and fire followed, mingled with blood, and they were thrown to the earth. And a third of the trees were burned up, and all green grass was burned up. Then the second angel sounded: And something like a great mountain burning with fire was thrown into the sea, and a third of the sea became blood. And a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed. Then the third angel sounded: And a great star fell from heaven, burning like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water. The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many men died from the water, because it was made bitter.

Fire destroys the earth, and makes the water undrinkable.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It tells us that the current war we have with Russia will turn Nuclear.
This belief does not conform with Bible Prophecy. Ezekiel 7:14 ..their turmoil, [preparations for war] has called forth My wrath.

The massive blast from the sun which the Lord will instigate, will cause all bombs, missiles and ammunition to explode on site. As Jeremiah 49:35-37 plainly tells us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This belief does not conform with Bible Prophecy. Ezekiel 7:14 ..their turmoil, [preparations for war] has called forth My wrath.

The massive blast from the sun which the Lord will instigate, will cause all bombs, missiles and ammunition to explode on site. As Jeremiah 49:35-37 plainly tells us.
That is reading so much into the text that I'm not even sure how to respond. I know a lot.of prophecy is guesswork, but this interpretation goes beyond realistic

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What makes you think that?

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,555.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jerusalem was destroyed in the first century, as prophesied.

Today's Jerusalem is a rebuilt city.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What makes you think that?
These plainly stated Prophesies:
THE MILITARY DESTROYED – The powerful electromagnetic pulse of a huge CME will disable ships, tanks and aircraft. It will also cause explosive devices to either explode or be neutralized.

Jer. 50:22-23 The noise of battle is heard, see how the hammer of the whole world is broken.

Hosea 2:18 ...I shall break the bow and all weapons of war and sweep them off the earth.

Micah 5:5-11 On that Day, I will destroy your military fortifications.

Zephaniah 1:16 A Day of battle cries against the fortified cities and towns.

Isaiah 30:25b On the Day of massacre, when fortresses fall.

Amos 5:9 Destruction will flash forth onto the mighty, against their strongholds.

Jeremiah 50:27 Put all warriors to the sword, lead them to slaughter, for their time has come.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These plainly stated Prophesies:
THE MILITARY DESTROYED – The powerful electromagnetic pulse of a huge CME will disable ships, tanks and aircraft. It will also cause explosive devices to either explode or be neutralized.

Jer. 50:22-23 The noise of battle is heard, see how the hammer of the whole world is broken.

Hosea 2:18 ...I shall break the bow and all weapons of war and sweep them off the earth.

Zephaniah 1:16 A Day of battle cries against the fortified cities and towns.

Amos 5:9 Destruction will flash forth onto the mighty, against their strongholds.

Jeremiah 50:27 Put all warriors to the sword, lead them to slaughter, for their time has come.

I have looked at the scriptures you gave me and none of them support an CME idea.

The first scripture is regarding “Babylon and against the land of the Chaldeans” God says He will raise an army against the historical nation of Babylon.

Jer 50:9 For behold, I will raise and cause to come up against Babylon An assembly of great nations from the north country, And they shall array themselves against her; From there she shall be captured. Their arrows shall be like those of an expert warrior; None shall return in vain.

The passage does not support an CME idea.

Is a prophecy regarding Israel, that God would bring them back to a place of peace and safety after a time of judgment.

Micah is actually stating that Israel will destroy their enemies, not an CME.

Mic 5:9 Your hand shall be lifted against your adversaries, And all your enemies shall be cut off.

Zep 1:16 A day of trumpet and alarm Against the fortified cities And against the high towers.

Is talking about the fact that Israel will be punished for its sins.

Appears to be talking of the fall of Babylon and the restoration of the Jews.

This is a warning to Israel not to sin because God judgment is coming upon them.

Again this is a judgment against the historical nation of Babylon, not an CME.

Jer 50:29 "Call together the archers against Babylon. All you who bend the bow, encamp against it all around; Let none of them escape. Repay her according to her work; According to all she has done, do to her; For she has been proud against the LORD, Against the Holy One of Israel.

The CME idea is not supported by any of the scriptures that you gave me. What other evidence do you have of an CME?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The CME idea is not supported by any of the scriptures that you gave me. What other evidence do you have of an CME?
A CME of unprecedented magnitude is the only natural event that can and will, cause all the effects described.
It has to be a natural disaster, so as people can go on in their disbelief of God.

THE LORDS WRATH – how will it happen?
This much prophesied, still to come, Lords Day of vengeance and wrath – will happen at the same time as an attack against Israel. Psalms 7:12-16, Psalms 83, Micah 4:11-12 People think there may be a nuclear exchange, but what is more certain is what the prophets say:
Jeremiah 50:25 The Lord opens His armoury and brings forth the weapons of His wrath, for this is His work to be done in the lands of the godless peoples.
Isaiah 34:5 For My sword appears in heaven, it descends in judgement.
Psalm 11:4-6 The Lord is in heaven, raining fiery coals onto the wicked.
Isaiah 66:15-16 See, the Lord is coming in fire, like a whirlwind. He will judge with fire, His sword will test mankind and many will be slain by Him.
Isaiah 33:10-12 Now I shall arise, says the Lord, I will exalt Myself. You will be as chaff and stubble, a wind like fire will consume you. Whole nations will be heaps of white ash, like thorns cut down and set on fire.
Psalm 144:5-6 Lord, part the heavens. Make lightning flashes far and wide.
Isaiah 30:30 Then the Lord will make His voice heard in majesty...descending in fierce anger with devouring flames of fire amid storms and hail.
Jeremiah 30:23-24 See what a scorching wind has gone out from God, a sweeping whirlwind which whirls around the heads of the wicked. The Lords fierce anger is not to be turned aside until He has fully accomplished His purposes. In Days to come you will understand.
Isaiah 29:5-6 Yet, the horde of Your enemies will crumble into dust, fly away like chaff. Suddenly in an instant punishment will come from the Lord, with storms, thunder, earthquakes and great noise and a flame of devouring fire.
Isaiah 9:19 The land is scorched by the Lord, the people are like fuel for the fire.
Isaiah 10:17 The Light of Israel will become a fire, its Holy One a flame, which, in one day will burn up and consume His thorns and briars.
Isaiah 30:26-30 On the Day that the Lord saves His people, the sun will shine with seven times its usual brightness and the moon will be as bright as the sun.
See; the Lord comes from afar, His anger blazing and His doom heavy. His lips are charged with wrath and His tongue is a devouring fire. His breath is like a torrent in spate. He sieves out the nations for destruction.
Isaiah 63:1-6

What these (and many other) prophecies, seem to be describing is sunspot activity.
Maybe the sun is building up to a huge Coronal Mass Ejection, something we do experience with minor CME’s. They happen very suddenly and unexpectedly, reaching earth within hours and are capable of causing enormous damage and deaths worldwide.
All electrical and communications systems, industry, transport; our modern infrastructure could be destroyed, or at least severely damaged. Armies would be back to 1800’s technology.

A CME explosion of the suns surface, as described in Isaiah 30:26, with the sun flashing 7 times brighter, would be one of unprecedented magnitude and would literally cause all the graphically prophesied effects. For example; the moon would shine bright red as it reflects this sun explosion and our satellites would crash to the earth, like ripe figs falling.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A CME of unprecedented magnitude is the only natural event that can and will, cause all the effects described.
It has to be a natural disaster, so as people can go on in their disbelief of God.

THE LORDS WRATH – how will it happen?
This much prophesied, still to come, Lords Day of vengeance and wrath – will happen at the same time as an attack against Israel. Psalms 7:12-16, Psalms 83, Micah 4:11-12 People think there may be a nuclear exchange, but what is more certain is what the prophets say:
Jeremiah 50:25 The Lord opens His armoury and brings forth the weapons of His wrath, for this is His work to be done in the lands of the godless peoples.
Isaiah 34:5 For My sword appears in heaven, it descends in judgement.
Psalm 11:4-6 The Lord is in heaven, raining fiery coals onto the wicked.
Isaiah 66:15-16 See, the Lord is coming in fire, like a whirlwind. He will judge with fire, His sword will test mankind and many will be slain by Him.
Isaiah 33:10-12 Now I shall arise, says the Lord, I will exalt Myself. You will be as chaff and stubble, a wind like fire will consume you. Whole nations will be heaps of white ash, like thorns cut down and set on fire.
Psalm 144:5-6 Lord, part the heavens. Make lightning flashes far and wide.
Isaiah 30:30 Then the Lord will make His voice heard in majesty...descending in fierce anger with devouring flames of fire amid storms and hail.
Jeremiah 30:23-24 See what a scorching wind has gone out from God, a sweeping whirlwind which whirls around the heads of the wicked. The Lords fierce anger is not to be turned aside until He has fully accomplished His purposes. In Days to come you will understand.
Isaiah 29:5-6 Yet, the horde of Your enemies will crumble into dust, fly away like chaff. Suddenly in an instant punishment will come from the Lord, with storms, thunder, earthquakes and great noise and a flame of devouring fire.
Isaiah 9:19 The land is scorched by the Lord, the people are like fuel for the fire.
Isaiah 10:17 The Light of Israel will become a fire, its Holy One a flame, which, in one day will burn up and consume His thorns and briars.
Isaiah 30:26-30 On the Day that the Lord saves His people, the sun will shine with seven times its usual brightness and the moon will be as bright as the sun.
See; the Lord comes from afar, His anger blazing and His doom heavy. His lips are charged with wrath and His tongue is a devouring fire. His breath is like a torrent in spate. He sieves out the nations for destruction.
Isaiah 63:1-6

What these (and many other) prophecies, seem to be describing is sunspot activity.
Maybe the sun is building up to a huge Coronal Mass Ejection, something we do experience with minor CME’s. They happen very suddenly and unexpectedly, reaching earth within hours and are capable of causing enormous damage and deaths worldwide.
All electrical and communications systems, industry, transport; our modern infrastructure could be destroyed, or at least severely damaged. Armies would be back to 1800’s technology.

A CME explosion of the suns surface, as described in Isaiah 30:26, with the sun flashing 7 times brighter, would be one of unprecedented magnitude and would literally cause all the graphically prophesied effects. For example; the moon would shine bright red as it reflects this sun explosion and our satellites would crash to the earth, like ripe figs falling.
Fire is mentioned many times in the Bible as being the way that God will bring judgment on the earth. But it is not clear as to what will cause it. Your CME theory is one possible way. But there is not enough evidence to say it will be a CME. Consider not using absolutes, when speaking of your theory. Because really no one truly knows.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fire is mentioned many times in the Bible as being the way that God will bring judgment on the earth. But it is not clear as to what will cause it. Your CME theory is one possible way. But there is not enough evidence to say it will be a CME. Consider not using absolutes, when speaking of your theory. Because really no one truly knows.
This is the correct position to take. Present the idea or position with some humility, because we can be wrong

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I am quite sure that the Lord will use the sun to fulfil His terrible Day of vengeance and wrath.
Prophesies like Malachi 4:1 & 3, 2 Peter 2:7 and Psalm 50:1-4, along with the specific mention of the sun in Isaiah 30:26- 30, are too convincing to ignore.

Knowing that it is from the Lord, will be a big help for us, when this sudden and shocking worldwide disaster happens.
However, having warned many over the last few years, about the forthcoming Sixth Seal event, it is clear to me that understanding of what God has planned, is kept hidden from most people. Daniel 12:10
I have done what I could to warn people, so now we await the great reset of our civilization. Zephaniah 1:14-18, Zephaniah 3:8, Isaiah 66:15-17, Romans 1:18, +

Be aware that the sun is currently in a very active phase. Info sites like; spacewather.com, warn of how a big, earth directed CME is highly likely over the next year or so,

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am quite sure that the Lord will use the sun to fulfil His terrible Day of vengeance and wrath.
Prophesies like Malachi 4:1 & 3, 2 Peter 2:7 and Psalm 50:1-4, along with the specific mention of the sun in Isaiah 30:26- 30, are too convincing to ignore.

Knowing that it is from the Lord, will be a big help for us, when this sudden and shocking worldwide disaster happens.
However, having warned many over the last few years, about the forthcoming Sixth Seal event, it is clear to me that understanding of what God has planned, is kept hidden from most people. Daniel 12:10
I have done what I could to warn people, so now we await the great reset of our civilization. Zephaniah 1:14-18, Zephaniah 3:8, Isaiah 66:15-17, Romans 1:18, +

Be aware that the sun is currently in a very active phase. Info sites like; spacewather.com, warn of how a big, earth directed CME is highly likely over the next year or so,
The error in this is the implication that you alone (or a very small group of people) know the exact manner in which this will happen. I don't think for a second that God would hide such knowledge from the body of believers, for we are all children of light that darkness should not overwhelm us. He grants us all knowledge and revelation equally if we seek Him. The fact that there is such a diversity of opinion on the subject implies that He is choosing at the present time to keep that knowledge from us, which is fine, because ultimately our faith should not rest in the knowledge of how the end will unfold and thus we can prepare for that. No, our faith should rest in God and the fact that He will see us through no matter what events may unfold at the end.

So I will repeat that it's interesting that you believe this is how these things will unfold, and I'm not even going to say that you are wrong. I'm going to say that it's one of many possible solutions and leave it at that.

Upvote 0