Now wait just a minute! This changes everything.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I could have sworn. I seen a video. That plenty of Americans aren't smart enough to pass the test to get certain jobs. Or many are on drugs. I believe a lot of the dreamer people are working hard enough to get really good jobs. That aren't looking for low paying jobs. Trump might want to think, is it better for hard working people to stay in America. Or maybe other countries might see them worthy of getting jobs in their country. Thanks to Trump not wanting them. Other counties might.

Regardless of their qualities the Dreamers are here illegally.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
By no fault of their own. Has the issues ever been ruled on by the courts?

The 9th Circuit has temporarily extended DACA, but the SCOTUS will eventually decide in Trump's favor. DACA is the result of Obama's 'executive action'. Ending it is Trump's executive action, which the court will uphold.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But DACA isn't the underlying issue. Have dreamers actually done something wrong? Is there an actual law that was broken?

When DACA ends their status will change to 'illegal' once again. I have been lawfully 'deported' off of private lands while hunting, although I 'did nothing wrong' while there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I almost fell off my chair yesterday when a Latina "dreamer" being interviewed said that while she considered the U.S. her country and wanted to remain here that she would emigrate if forced to do so.

What she said next stunned me. She was a graduate medical student and revealed quite confidently that many other countries would be happy to have her, among those mentioned was Canada (which is known for liberal immigration policies).

I have been led to believe by the media and "dreamer" advocates that she and others would be sent to the third world country of their parents origin to live in hopeless squalor for the rest of their lives.

Who knew that other developed countries would welcome them with open arms, giving them nearly the same opportunities that they have enjoyed in the U.S.

I think Trump should reveal this fact. Perhaps it would change the tenor of the whole debate.

No one should be forced to live in Canada. :frozen2:

• Haha
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seven year-olds are ok, but there were many teenagers as well.
If they have committed no other “crime” than being born, your argument makes no legal sense for minors.

• Agree
Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark46

Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟830,515.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That doesn't answer my question.
I think it does. OWG would have the law expire, making all of the DACA "illegals". At that point, they can be deported, along with the other temporary folks (from Haiti, Guatemala, El Salvador and Syria; they've been given 198 months) and along with 11 million undocumented. After clearing the board, we can decide on a new strategy with regard to who to allow in.

I apologize if I have misrepresented the views of OWG.

Upvote 0

mark46

Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟830,515.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If they have committed no other “crime” than being born, your argument makes no legal sense for minors.

The vast majority of Americans agree with allowing DACA folks to become citizens. HOWEVER, there needs to be a way to do this so that we do NOT encourage folks risking their lives to get their children across the border where they will then be citizens.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I think it does. OWG would have the law expire, making all of the DACA "illegals". At that point, they can be deported, along with the other temporary folks (from Haiti, Guatemala, El Salvador and Syria; they've been given 198 months) and along with 11 million undocumented. After clearing the board, we can decide on a new strategy with regard to who to allow in.

I apologize if I have misrepresented the views of OWG.
No it doesn't. What law is DACA protecting dreamers from?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The vast majority of Americans agree with allowing DACA folks to become citizens. HOWEVER, there needs to be a way to do this so that we do NOT encourage folks risking their lives to get their children across the border where they will then be citizens.
I think there is bipartisan support on this idea of addressing immigration and DACA. Trump needs to have a bill plopped on his desk to force him to either sign or veto.

Upvote 0

mark46

Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟830,515.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
No it doesn't. What law is DACA protecting dreamers from?
??
If the DACA law lapses, then the 800,000 DACA folks are undocumented (Democratic word) or illegal (Republican word). In any case, they have no RIGHT to be in the US.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mark46

Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟830,515.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think there is bipartisan support on this idea of addressing immigration and DACA. Trump needs to have a bill plopped on his desk to force him to either sign or veto.

There is a consensus to fix DACA.

There is a consensus to address immigration.

Some would send the 11 million home, reduce immigration, have a merit system and greatly reduce family immigration. The little immigration that is left would be based on a points system. Having a solid education and coming from stable societies would be a plus. Sharing our European values would also be a plus. There would be no amnesty for Central Americans; they would need to go home.

Others start wanted a path to citizenship for 11 million undocumented and those who are temporary because of emergencies.

So, sure, everyone wants changes.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is a consensus to fix DACA.

There is a consensus to address immigration.

Some would send the 11 million home, reduce immigration, have a merit system and greatly reduce family immigration. The little immigration that is left would be based on a points system. Having a solid education and coming from stable societies would be a plus. Sharing our European values would also be a plus. There would be no amnesty for Central Americans; they would need to go home.

Others start wanted a path to citizenship for 11 million undocumented and those who are temporary because of emergencies.

So, sure, everyone wants changes.
And they could reach a bipartisan set of legislation which would not give the extreme left or right all they want. But Trump won’t shut up even though he’s the least competent person in the discussion.

Upvote 0

mark46

Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟830,515.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
And they could reach a bipartisan set of legislation which would not give the extreme left or right all they want. But Trump won’t shut up even though he’s the least competent person in the discussion.

As with the tax bill (and judicial nominations), no one needs Trump to shut up. He just needs to accept the wins, and brag about how important he is.

IMHO, the issue is NOT Trump. It is the right wingnuts in the House, and the "Trump base" who they represent. Of course, almost none of these folks is in danger of losing in the Fall.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I don't know what should be said in response to that post, but there is no doubt about what is going on with the Democrat dance this week.

Sen. Durbin must not think much of average Americans to think they cannot see what's going on when Durbin sidetracks the DACA talks by accusing the president of racism and then, a couple of days later, publicly (again) announcing that a deal can be reached on DACA after all, if only the president would prove that he's not a racist by...

...you guessed it, by agreeing to accept Durbin's proposal on DACA without any complications such as the building of a wall!

• Agree
Upvote 0