provincial
✟763,813.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
For we know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him

Before i became a Christian the devil had me right where he wanted me. A hapless drunk living for my addiction. But then Christ entered my life and taught me how better to live. But about a year later after becoming Christian, that's when the devil really started coming after me. It's been said that once you enlist under the banner of Jesus, then the real spiritual fight starts. I believe this to be true, in spite of the above scripture, and im trying to make sense of it. The devil sees Christians as threats to his dominion and so he attacks them in multitudinous ways. Through temptations and vices and ill temperaments and the world and the flesh and many other ways. But why does this verse say the evil one toucheth not the Christian? All will be seasoned by fire and the Lord uses the devil to test and prove and purify and sanctify us through affliction (or so I've been led to believe) can anyone shed light on this passage? Jesus Himself was made perfect through affliction. The devil never left Him alone for long.

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Jesus Himself was made perfect through affliction. The devil never left Him alone for long.
But notice, the devil never touched Jesus.

But why does this verse say the evil one toucheth not the Christian?
It does not say "Christian", as many who are called that are serving the enemy instead of serving Jesus.

The Father Always Keeps His Word. If someone does not sin, the devil is totally limited in what he can do - but often, as with Jesus, the devil has plenty of servants that he can stir up, other people (even some who are called 'Christian', to wreak havoc, harm, loss, in someone's life.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,813.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Ideally perhaps, but in the world as it is, no, Not equal, not the same. Too many are in name only.
I don't think 1 John 5:18 is talking about false Christians man. And that's the point. Those who are truly in the faith it says in this passage that the evil one molesteth them not. If the evil one bother true Christians not, then why are we also exhorted to place on the full armor of God? For example?

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
why are we also exhorted to place on the full armor of God? For example?
What does the Scripture say in context there ? As in "why" .... besides being the perfect Word of Yahweh delivered by His Revelation through His messengers , the apostles.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't think 1 John 5:18 is talking about false Christians man. And that's the point.
God knows who are true and who are not true.
People pick the same verses and claim them, even if they are not true for them nor apply to them at all.

Upvote 0