The LORD is on my side; I will not fear
May 19, 2004
Dayton, OH
✟11,851.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Why do we put so much emphasis on one sin ?

Jesus does want us to refrain from sex until marriage, and only wants it to happen between a husband and wife. He also wants us to forgive others, and if we don't we will not be forgiven.

There are plenty of good singles out there who are waiting and who have messed up in this area of sin. The whole point is to follow the teachings in the bible, God loves obedience, and openly rewards those who seek Him with all their heart. If you feel like a loser, since your 25 and have not had sex, than that's a lie from Satan.

Jesus said to come to hIm when we are heavy burdened and He WILL give us rest. We do ourselves a big disservice by listening to lies. If you think your a loser or weird for waiting, than your heart will believe that.

Reactions: Tamara224
Upvote 0

eatenbylocusts

Senior Veteran
Oct 13, 2005
✟14,434.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
But what does one gain by being a virgin into their older years? We can't be considered any better than non-virgins because of the whole "well I'm not a virgin, but God forgives me so you're wrong to think that you're better than me" thing. So the non-virgins get the best of both worlds, they get to be loved here on earth, and then get a free ride into heaven. We near-permanent virgins live a miserable, lonely life of shame and ridicule only to get to go to the same heaven. But if I were to suggest that it'd be better to sin and enjoy life here on earth, knowing that you're headed to heaven when you die, then I'd get the spiel about how being saved doesn't give me a license to sin. There's no way to win for us.
I think you're forgetting that God gives us commands/guidelines for our own good. Obedience insn't always about a lesson. Speaking as someone who's made some bad decisions, I can see how obedience and a bit of common sense would've saved me and my loved ones from quite a bit of pain.

Upvote 0

IDDQD

Nov 2, 2005
✟3,613.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
From one 25-year old virgin to another 25-year old virgin, I say good for ya, dude. Keep it as long as you can. Only give it up to someone you feel like is deserving of it (as in a future life partner, soul mate, etc., whatever name you have for it). I'm probably a lot pickier than that, but just the fact that you're waiting is a good thing. I applaud your efforts, good sir. :)

Upvote 0