• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

notes from a true 25m virgin

Discussion in 'Singles (Only*)' started by pibsts, Feb 5, 2008.

1. pibsts

pibsts Member

+18
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Republican
    I'm 25 and a virgin. That must mean I am a loser or something is really wrong with me. After all, 99% people my age has had sex. It must mean I just have to go get laid huh? End of all my problems.

Well, I love my life, friends, family, my job, and just being who I am. Most of all I love God and am willing to die for Him. That makes me strong. I however, am still single, and vow to not give it up until I meet the right woman. Whoever she may be. That's my 2 cents. I live in KC ;-)

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. RobotHouse

RobotHouse New Member

+3
    Atheist
    Private
    Is there a reason you're a virgin still? Because I'm gonna have to say you don't really look like the type who would be stuck with that problem. Although it's only one picture there in your profile.

3. plum

plum my thoughts are free

+1,525
    Atheist
    Private
    nice to meet you :)

it's a good thing virginity does not define who we are or what we're worth in any way whatsoever, isn't it? i wonder why people think it does...

4. RobotHouse

RobotHouse New Member

+3
    Atheist
    Private
    Why wouldn't it define who you are? It is, after all, part of who you are. Your experiences, personality, and memories are what make you who you are. So it may not be the most important piece of the puzzle, but it is still definitely a part of you.

5. RED that's ME

RED that's ME *~*God *IS* Love*~*

+1,299
    Baptist
    Honestly, what's wrong with being a virgin? :scratch: IMO nothing!! Not trying to put anyone down but you can always be like others who go down the wrong way sexually but they can never regain their virginity.
    What does Scripture say about purity for a single person? Check it out. :)

6. LonelyTraveler

LonelyTraveler almost home.

+158
    Christian
    Single
    But what does one gain by being a virgin into their older years? We can't be considered any better than non-virgins because of the whole "well I'm not a virgin, but God forgives me so you're wrong to think that you're better than me" thing. So the non-virgins get the best of both worlds, they get to be loved here on earth, and then get a free ride into heaven. We near-permanent virgins live a miserable, lonely life of shame and ridicule only to get to go to the same heaven. But if I were to suggest that it'd be better to sin and enjoy life here on earth, knowing that you're headed to heaven when you die, then I'd get the spiel about how being saved doesn't give me a license to sin. There's no way to win for us.

7. GQ Chris

GQ Chris ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers

+1,753
    Calvinist
    Single
    I think this is just a sly trick to get some dame to deflower you :D J/K.

Go Virgin Go.

8. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+7,892
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    Saving yourself for marriage is a very good thing. If you make it, you will have a major accomplishment under your belt, especially the way things go these days.

9. Margim

Margim Just thinking...

+97
    Christian
    Engaged
    :D.

Okay, that was immature, I know...

10. tammym1972

tammym1972 Senior Member

+62
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    He is not "stuck with that problem". He says he chooses to be a virgin until he is married.

11. ulu

ulu Senior Member

+160
    Christian
    Single
    Same thing one "gains" by not murdering someone. It's called following Jesus, and his teachings. Kudos to all virgins who are denying self in the most difficult and tempting area. Your actions speak so much louder than words when it comes to influencing non believers. Sure many may scoff, but many will notice and think about it, whether they admit it publicly or not(at first) Unlike many who are all talk, you are actually walking the walk.
    You're also spared the heartache and potential bitterness that comes from sexual relationships that don't work out, and possible physical consequences.

12. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+7,892
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    Get yer mind out of the gutter.

13. Margim

Margim Just thinking...

+97
    Christian
    Engaged
    Its not really in there... just amusing, really, considering the nature of the thread.

14. Apollo Celestio

Apollo Celestio Deal with it.

+1,259
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    US-Green
    The wait should be worthwhile.

15. pibsts

pibsts Member

+18
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Republican
    Thanks for the posts. I guess I missed the point I wanted to make. I personally don't have a problem with anyone who's had sex with just 1 person or 1000 people. If we are to say we go to the 'same heaven' then why bother right?

This is just my choice. I'm not saying I can't get any, which in fact I have declined several times and a few relationships ended up as such. Granted I do admit I sometimes avoid the occasions of being in situations that are very tempting, it's hard, but whether or not if it's worth saving myself isn't up to anyone on earth to decide for the unmarried virgins they are simply missing out on a good time. That is God's decision alone. He decides if it has any merit.

Partly it's due to my faith being Catholic. Catholics believe that you can't get to heaven until your sins are entirely dispelled from your soul. I consider sex before marriage a sin (how great is not for me to determine) so I choose not to. Our sins are dispelled or 'purged' in time in Purgatory. Jesus is our Savior that allows us to go to heaven and he forgives our sins on earth. It, however, is our free will that makes us sinners. Once the sins are gone from our soul through we go to heaven. I don't know how that happens, but I'm sure God doesn't want someone roaming around in heaven who's soul isn't purified.

This is just my choice. Will I have the willpower to maintain it? I dunno, maybe not, but at 25 I have thus far. Am I to say I'm better than anyone? No. My point is that I am living my life the way I believe God wants me to, and because I am still a virgin, I'm not going to just lose it because I am getting older.

16. septemberskies

septemberskies You can find me on cloud no.9

+322
    Christian
    US-Democrat
    I'll be 25 in Sept so I know it's not easy. Virgin to virgin, keep holding out for marriage.Go for the goal!

17. PeculiarTreasure

PeculiarTreasure Mishief Mangaged

+1,115
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    It's nice to see at least one guy out there willing to wait. Good for you and God bless!:)

18. silentpoet

silentpoet Contributor

+366
    Nazarene
    US-Others
    There are many, many times I don't think the wait could be worth it. But we do it anyway.

I won't say I am pure or innocent, but I am saving at least one thing for my wife. And it is a struggle, but it is one we are all called to by the very Word of God.

19. danstar

danstar Senior Veteran Supporter

+187
    Australia
    Pentecostal
    Single
    AU-Liberals
    i to am waiting for marriage im proud of the fact im a virgin

20. Tamara224

Tamara224 Well-Known Member

+2,240
    Charismatic
    Married

Honestly, I have to wonder... with that attitude, why are you bothering to wait?

If in your heart you want to be a sinner and begrudge the forgiveness given to others... then what is the point?

If you receive no good in yourself from doing what is pleasing in the eyes of the Lord, if you take no joy in righteousness for righteousness sake, then what is the point?

I am reminded of the prodigal son's brother.

Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.
    And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect. (Romans 12:1-2).