Not that "before Evolution: you must become a fish", but Jesus never said "before man, be ape"

What is the maximum number of changes a species can make from its original form?

• 1?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2?

• 5?

• 10?

• ?100

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And what about those left scientists (or is that wrong scientists) who produced Thalidomide; did God empower them as well?
I don't know.

If He did, it was probably supposed to treat forms of cancer and skin diseases.

Instead, it was marketed as a prenatal wonder drug.

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟277,740.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know.

If He did, it was probably supposed to treat forms of cancer and skin diseases.

Instead, it was marketed as a prenatal wonder drug.
You are trying to spin you way out of this dilemma.
Did God empower the scientists working on the Manhattan Project to successfully develop the atomic bomb?
You can't rely on the ambiguity of purpose for this one; the atomic bomb wasn't built for benefits.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You are trying to spin you way out of this dilemma.
LOL -- sorry you see it that way.
sjastro said:
Did God empower the scientists working on the Manhattan Project to successfully develop the atomic bomb?
In my opinion, yes.

God gifts us scientists, and I've stated here before that God gifts us scientists for two main reasons:
  1. to make our lives better
  2. to protect the Jews
sjastro said:
You can't rely on the ambiguity of purpose for this one; the atomic bomb wasn't built for benefits.
Says who?

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟277,740.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
LOL -- sorry you see it that way.In my opinion, yes.

God gifts us scientists, and I've stated here before that God gifts us scientists for two main reasons:
  2. to protect the Jews
Says who?
Why don't you explain to us how the Manhattan Project which developed atomic bombs to destroy lives and property while reducing the quality of life of many survivors to a 'living hell' according to your warped view of reality was in fact designed to;
  2. to protect the Jews

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why don't you explain to us how the Manhattan Project which developed atomic bombs to destroy lives and property while reducing the quality of life of many survivors to a 'living hell' according to your warped view of reality was in fact designed to;
  2. to protect the Jews
Half the world, if not all of it, would be speaking Japanese right now, wouldn't it?

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Half the world, if not all of it, would be speaking Japanese right now, wouldn't it?

No, it wouldn't. The major consequence of the atomic bombings of Japan was that the US didn't have to invade Japan at horrible loss of life to US forces and the Japanese civilians. (At least that's what we like to tell ourselves.) The Japanese weren't going to take over the world in 1945.

[The A-bomb was actually developed to use on Germany, but it was late.]

• Informative
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
[The A-bomb was actually developed to use on Germany, but it was late.]
Interesting.

Thanks for the info.

God gifted us those scientists, then, to help protect the Jews.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Even worse then .. God did away with the Christians there, (via the gift of scientists), in order to help protect the Jews!?
I submit your sarcasm is creating a mental block that is preventing you from fully understanding.

Upvote 0

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟177,143.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
I submit your sarcasm is creating a mental block that is preventing you from fully understanding.
Rejected!
All I see is that you've backed yourself into multiple corners, and now you're going to try to weasel your way out of them.
You presented a link somewhere recently for a thread which lists your claims of evidence for God supporting the US, (govt?) .. or something like that. I can't find it now.
Is this one on it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,794.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ADVISOR HAT

This thread had a clean up. Please read the Statement of Purpose for this forum. It includes:
Discussions here should be on the nature of creation and evolution, not focused on bashing or uplifting those who are proponents of these beliefs. Do not flame other viewpoints. Christianity and creationism cannot be called a myth or a fairy tale, and evolution should not be called pseudoscience or a religion. Please be aware that there are Christians who believe in Theistic Evolution or simply Evolution. Implying they are less Christian will be seen as flaming. Refrain from names that will be viewed as goading by a different viewpoint.

• Agree
Reactions: Taodeching
Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
:scratch:
...I am not asking you to become a fish. Neither does Evolution ask you to be a fish. There is speculation that we came from the water, but fundamentally you don't have to go back to being a fish, to be a man.
I was wondering when you will start making sense on this forum. Still wondering....
Fundamentally, Jesus never said "before you become man, become an ape".
So what?
The universe and earth came to be before Jesus lived (if he lived at all, and if he lived, whether or not he was also God), so why does it matter what he may or may not have said?

Rather than relying on unverified tales from the ancient middle east, why not expend some energy researching what YOU actually believe, rather that straw-manning what other people understand about the world?
And by research I do not mean reading the bible and taking it at face value, nor do I mean reading apologia or creationist websites.

Upvote 0