• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Not that "before Evolution: you must become a fish", but Jesus never said "before man, be ape"

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by Gottservant, Mar 21, 2021.

What is the maximum number of changes a species can make from its original form?

1. 1?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 5?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 10?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ?100

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Gottservant

Gottservant God loves your words, may men love them also Supporter

+477
    Messianic
    The whole point I keep trying to make, is that multiple ways of addressing the same survival, are preserved together, with those that are "used" (to cause the species to survive).

If I survive by climbing a tree, all the various heights of climbing a tree are preserved together, by the one adaptation to climb a tree.

This is typically called a "knock on effect".

2. Gottservant

+477
    Messianic
    Just to be clear: no amount of knock on effects, can ever create a different species.

3. Shemjaza

Shemjaza Regular Member Supporter

+2,702
    Australia
    Atheist
    Single
    AU-Greens
    Why not?

(That's assuming you are talking about knock on effects from genetic changes.)

4. Mr Laurier

Mr Laurier Active Member

+156
    Canada
    Atheist
    Private
    Thats nice.
    Take a population of grazing animals, living in a lush grassland.
    Split that population into two sub populations.
    Leave population (A) in the lush grasslands.
    Move population (B) to a drier area, with less grass, and more scrub.

Watch for a few hundred generations.

5. Gottservant

+477
    Messianic
    Because the success of an adaptation, is weighed in the context of the species.

You can't weigh something in the context of "many" species, because you only have one "image" of a species to work with (your own).

You could weigh many species with many images, but the exponential difficulty prohibits it (at least in terms of successful flourishing).

6. Gottservant

+477
    Messianic
    God does not change the gratitude a species has, for being that species - He forgives presuming upon that gratitude, that that species could change (from being that species).

7. Gottservant

+477
    Messianic
    I think the point for Jesus, is that calling Men "fish" is a way of saying "men don't fear God, without being caught".

Whereas Darwin calling Men "descendents of apes" is a way of saying "men can't be trained to trust God, if they won't come out of their territory"

Have you come out of your territory - Evolutionists - ? Or are you just going with the flow?

8. Gottservant

+477
    Messianic
    I am confident even after a hundred generations, you would still be looking at grazing animals.

9. Bradskii

Bradskii Well-Known Member

+409
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Does anyone understand any of this thread?

10. Mr Laurier

Mr Laurier Active Member

+156
    Canada
    Atheist
    Private
    And?
    Unicorn does not change the gratitude a species has, for being that species.
    There is nothing about forgiving in my post.

11. Mr Laurier

Mr Laurier Active Member

+156
    Canada
    Atheist
    Private
    And? Would genetic drift not cause speciation?

12. Shemjaza

Shemjaza Regular Member Supporter

+2,702
    Australia
    Atheist
    Single
    AU-Greens
    Yes. And if enough adaptions build up in the population then it is considered a different species.

There isn't a problem in studying a species that isn't your own.

A lion is a different species to a tiger... and I don't have to be any kind of cat to see this.

13. Warden_of_the_Storm

Warden_of_the_Storm Well-Known Member

+4,357
    United Kingdom
    Deist
    Single
    I think that you talking an absolute load of codswallop and nonsense, and that you REALLY need to actually learn about the theory of evolution and science in general.

Evolution is not a religious belief, like you keep hoping it to be. Evolution is merely a name to describe the change of a species due to environmental pressures.

14. The IbanezerScrooge

The IbanezerScrooge I can't believe what I'm hearing...

+1,851
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Democrat
    No. None of us do. It's not just you.