Not sure if this voice bothering me is of God. Help please?

Real Eyez

Need prayer and encouragement
Nov 29, 2012
LA, Cali
Visit site
✟17,054.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I get this voice in my head sometimes that tells me to tell people about Jesus. For example i could be on instagram and ill see a certain person and the voice will tell me to "tell them about Jesus" and ill feel condemned and forced to do it or else ill feel like I'm not saved or cool with God anymore if I don't. Sometimes iv'e went on and told the person and they will say something like, "I know who Jesus is and i do believe in Him." Or the voice will having me send messages to Muslim people about Jesus. The voice sometimes makes me feel like bullied or forced to proselytize out of fear that God will be mad at me or I won't be on good terms with Him if I don't. . It even makes me want to distance myself from God. What do you guys think?

Real Eyez

Nov 29, 2012
LA, Cali
Visit site
✟17,054.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I get this voice in my head sometimes that tells me to tell people about Jesus. For example i could be on instagram and ill see a certain person and the voice will tell me to "tell them about Jesus" and ill feel condemned and forced to do it or else ill feel like I'm not saved or cool with God anymore if I don't. Sometimes iv'e went on and told the person and they will say something like, "I know who Jesus is and i do believe in Him." Or the voice will having me send messages to Muslim people about Jesus. The voice sometimes makes me feel like bullied or forced to proselytize out of fear that God will be mad at me or I won't be on good terms with Him if I don't. . It even makes me want to distance myself from God. What do you guys think?
I know I am supposed to spread the gospel but I wonder if this voice is really of God.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I know I am supposed to spread the gospel but I wonder if this voice is really of God.
If you feel accused and ought to tell people about the Lord, it isn't from God. say a silent prayer for them which is all you have to do.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can't certainly say who's called to God and whether they've heard his voice. But what I'll tell you is not to worry about your actions relating what you do to salvation. There's not a single act we can do to save ourselves. What's important are your intentions, if you're doing your best to listen and serve then rely on faith that Jesus has died for your sins.

As for spreading the message of Jesus as Lord and Savior, simply take it to heart and live it yourself. Let others through your love for God be it's own witness to them. If there's a need for more to testify of the Lord to them, it'll be revealed to you. Either the person will openly come seeking Him or quietly searching for Him but just needs patience and love. When you feel something should be said or done, don't rush into it or assume they don't know. Start a conversation slowly getting to know them and what they need to know about the Gospel (God/Jesus).

Upvote 0

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟176,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I can't certainly say who's called to God and whether they've heard his voice. But what I'll tell you is not to worry about your actions relating what you do to salvation. There's not a single act we can do to save ourselves. What's important are your intentions, if you're doing your best to listen and serve then rely on faith that Jesus has died for your sins.

As for spreading the message of Jesus as Lord and Savior, simply take it to heart and live it yourself. Let others through your love for God be it's own witness to them. If there's a need for more to testify of the Lord to them, it'll be revealed to you. Either the person will openly come seeking Him or quietly searching for Him but just needs patience and love. When you feel something should be said or done, don't rush into it or assume they don't know. Start a conversation slowly getting to know them and what they need to know about the Gospel (God/Jesus).

I was curious are there acts that we can do to lose it? What if we sin in ignorance? I've done some terrible sins that I had no clue I was doing until I finally found out.

For example I said some untrue things about the Holy Spirit that I didn't know of. I was wondering if that was blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I was curious are there acts that we can do to lose it? What if we sin in ignorance? I've done some terrible sins that I had no clue I was doing until I finally found out.

For example I said some untrue things about the Holy Spirit that I didn't know of. I was wondering if that was blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.
I confess my sins as I become aware of them, it is part of the process of growing closer to the Lord...it can be painful, but be assured of forgiveness, and this applies to your question on the Holy Spirit. Our wonderful Saviour knows we are sinners, I thank him that he died for us...isn't it wonderful to be forgiven...:)

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Is this an audible voice of someone else, as in different tenor than your own or do you think it is within your thoughts ? In other words you get direction, an order if you will, that comes through your thoughts, vs actually hearing an unfamiliar audible voice of someone or something else ?

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

I think you want to tell people about Jesus. But you have to be careful about how you do it, else you run the risk of alienating them. Let it come up in conversation.

Upvote 0

Real Eyez

Nov 29, 2012
LA, Cali
Visit site
✟17,054.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I get ordered through my thoughts so to speak.
Is this an audible voice of someone else, as in different tenor than your own or do you think it is within your thoughts ? In other words you get direction, an order if you will, that comes through your thoughts, vs actually hearing an unfamiliar audible voice of someone or something else ?

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Luke 23:34
John 3:17-19

If you have faith in Jesus and didn't intentionally go against the Holy Spirit then I wouldn't worry. Just continue to believe and seek the truth doing your best to know God. None of us are perfect and at one point or time have done wrong, yet here we all are in the Lord who's merciful and having our sins forgiven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Samaritan Woman

Sep 2, 2013
Midwest
✟66,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I get this voice in my head sometimes that tells me to tell people about Jesus. Or the voice will having me send messages to Muslim people about Jesus. The voice sometimes makes me feel like bullied or forced to proselytize out of fear that God will be mad at me or I won't be on good terms with Him if I don't. . It even makes me want to distance myself from God. What do you guys think?

I am extremely concerned about this "voice" you are discussing. Regardless if it's an audible one in another sound or just loud, controlling thoughts in your own voice, I HIGHLY recommend you get in with a psychiatrist ASAP. I have OCD along with bipolar illness with quite a history of psychosis which has included hearing voices; the OCD can also produce loud thoughts that "order"me to do things. PLEASE get professional help so you can be set free from this!!

Upvote 0

Real Eyez

Nov 29, 2012
LA, Cali
Visit site
✟17,054.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What concerns you most about this ?
I feel like if I don't listen I am condemned and no friend of God and stuff like that. I feel like I'm being forced to do it and it often times feels random to bring it up to the person..

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel like if I don't listen I am condemned and no friend of God and stuff like that. I feel like I'm being forced to do it and it often times feels random to bring it up to the person..

Sounds like a guilty conscience eating at you. It's probably the feeling of being pressured to do certain things as a believer. Worrying if you aren't doing enough God won't accept you and be there for you. As Christians it's difficult to accept the idea of our sins being forgiven and the mercy God has not wanting to condemn us. It's a matter of the heart which he judges mercifully with compassion and forgiveness, not being judgmental. Don't try to be perfect and leave yourself in the hands of the Lord, how was Jesus to his disciples and sinners who genuinely and humbly came to him?

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

If (that is IF) you are under instruction of the Holy Spirit in this, you need to obey. You will never be condemned for not following but you might not like the route He takes to get you on the right path either ( speaking of instruction in your ministry). Been there done that ! Think about this: for your own sake, He may have you witnessing to people so you can know how you handle that. He already knows. And if you fail, He has others to pick up the missed beat. This may all be a part of an on going test in preparation for something more down the road. It could be happening for your edification.

Or it may not be of God at all. You will have to discern this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Real Eyez

Nov 29, 2012
LA, Cali
Visit site
✟17,054.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Discerning this is the hard part for me right now. I know I am supposed to be a minister or preacher or something in the future so it could be for reasons of preparation. I hope someone can pray for me in this forum. It would be much appreciated.
If (that is IF) you are under instruction of the Holy Spirit in this, you need to obey. You will never be condemned for not following but you might not like the route He takes to get you on the right path either ( speaking of instruction in your ministry). Been there done that ! Think about this: for your own sake, He may have you witnessing to people so you can know how you handle that. He already knows. And if you fail, He has others to pick up the missed beat. This may all be a part of an on going test in preparation for something more down the road. It could be happening for your edification.

Or it may not be of God at all. You will have to discern this.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Discerning this is the hard part for me right now. I know I am supposed to be a minister or preacher or something in the future so it could be for reasons of preparation. I hope someone can pray for me in this forum. It would be much appreciated.
I fully understand your situation. Prayer is doable !

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The devil doesn't want you telling others about Jesus.
God does want you telling others about Jesus. In fact His last words before His ascension were that we were to spread the Gospel.

And remember there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus.
Also Jesus said, "My sheep hear My voice"

Upvote 0