• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Not fully sure how to explain this.

Aedin

Apr 17, 2009
Virginia, United States
✟7,708.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A lot to say. I just needed to talk, but have noone t otalk to, so I just decided to post this here. I had a best friend, who I kindof liked. She has a boyfriend now. She does some, shall we say, not so Christian, stuff with him, though I Don't know how much, or to what extent. That hurts, cause I like her, and I thought she was the kind of girl who wouldn't do stuff like that. ANd also, her boyfriend, he's kinda weird. One second, he'll cool, and nice. The second, he's just acting like a know-it-all, and basically insulting me for no reason (I've talked to him). It hurts that apparently I'm not good enough for her, but he is. As well as the fact that this always happens. Every girl I like (and she knew I liked her) ends up choosing some other guy over me, or leaves me for another guy, or I'm just not special enough or whatever for her to be with me. Just tired of it all, tired of never being good enough. The whole situation also just helped develop my trust issues, my fears that everyone I Meet will leave me or betray me, that noone, not even Christians, can be trusted, and I"ll never have real friends or the lifelong relationship I want.

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
:hug:
I'm sorry your friend has let you down... remember, she is human, and imperfect, like all of us.
You are incredibly special, and certainly good enough, you just haven't met the right girl yet. That will come, and when you do meet her, you will be very glad that you stayed single and waited! :hug:
Just try to concentrate on friendships, and don't look too hard for romance, that will come at the right time.

Hang in there, I hope you feel better about things soon :hug:

Upvote 0

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I go through the same things. When I get closer to Jesus it helps a lot. He loves you and thinks you are a wonderful person. If your feelings get worse or continue it may help you to see a counselor. You are a worthy person.

Upvote 0

Aedin

Apr 17, 2009
Virginia, United States
✟7,708.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am going to a counselor. Things are worse today. Everyone gets sick of me, people never care when they hurt me, I have noone to talk to. My sister gets annoyed at me everytime I try to talk about anything, and always randomly gets offended. I'm just really sick of being alone and hving noone to talk to. Sick of always being passed up for other guys, especially when the guys usually end up to not even be decent guys. Just sick of things never working out for me, yet always seeming to work out for other people. I try to be a decent, caring, good person. I just don't get anything anymore. I want to give up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
((((hug))))
Please don't give up!
You have friends here, and we do care. I know it's not the same as real life, but it is somewhere you can talk and not be rejected.
Talk to your counselor about how you feel...

It will get better, Aedin, really it will. Just hang on, and the dark times will pass.
Thinking of you, and hoping things improve very soon. :hug:

Upvote 0

Aedin

Apr 17, 2009
Virginia, United States
✟7,708.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Haven't been able to stop crying the past two days. Just miss old friends, and am afraid I'll never find the friends I'm looking for. Just got overwhelmed with memories of friends I list, and friendships I screwed up because I had problems and accidentally drove people off. Just wonder if I'll ever make anything work.

Upvote 0

Windamere

Jul 17, 2010
✟7,641.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
I am sorry your friend has let you down. I met my husband (The right guy) when I was 45. I had to go through so many bad people. God new what was right for me. I didn't. Let it be HIS will not your own. When you least expect it the Right person will enter your life. God gives us reflections of people so that we might see who they really are. God is showing you the character of your friend- she is not for you.

God Bless You!

Windamere

Upvote 0