North Dakota -- Gettin' Tough on Abortion!

prmath

Apr 21, 2013
✟7,808.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
innocent children. I have been watching my first great grandson grow and I assure you ...... He is a little boy waiting to be born. Make no mistake about it, he IS a little tiny person and how some of these so called "christians" can see it Any other way is pure crazy.......
These people that think this murder is ok WILL answer before God

Upvote 0

quilbilly

Aug 7, 2012
✟8,100.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
innocent children. I have been watching my first great grandson grow and I assure you ...... He is a little boy waiting to be born. Make no mistake about it, he IS a little tiny person and how some of these so called "christians" can see it Any other way is pure crazy.......

That is your opinion. Some Christians believe what the Bible says is that a person becomes a living soul with their first breath of life.

Congrats on being great grandparent. Love the grandkids. Feef em candy all day then give em back to mom. Payback is fun

Upvote 0

Dave Ellis

Contributor
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
✟52,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Very amazing to hear how some "Christians" justify this carnage
Please, Lord...... Forgive this nation

This is the same Lord who sanctioned wiping out entire towns and cities in the Old Testament, right?

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
If the liberal left so condones aborting these innocent little babies...... that have harmed NO ONE............

why not perform a late term abortion on the beast that murdered and maimed all those people in Boston?
1) The point is that zygotes aren't human persons - they don't have conciousness, sentience, sapience, self-awareness, neurological activity, etc - and so no more qualify for human rights than a tree or a corpse.

2) The Boston murderer deserves a trial by a jury of his peers, a harsh punishment if found guilty, but I'm of the opinion that no crime is worthy of capital punishment.

The two are apples and oranges.

innocent children. I have been watching my first great grandson grow and I assure you ...... He is a little boy waiting to be born.
I'm sure you genuinely believe that, but strength of conviction is no substitute for veracity.

Make no mistake about it, he IS a little tiny person and how some of these so called "christians" can see it Any other way is pure crazy.......
Indeed - letting a woman die because a fertilised egg is more valued than her, is abominable. If there is a god, I can but hope those people will be judged accordingly.

Very amazing to hear how some "Christians" justify this carnage
Why? God was happy to kill all the male firstborns of Egypt - didn't that include innocent post-birth babies?

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
And just as empathetic towards a woman who got an abortion.

Not necessarily, no. I've heard a lot of horror stories.

Heck. One just needs to look at the good Doctor Gosnell.

Clinical jargon exists for a reason, so shouldn't be dismissed as 'cold'.

Sorry, I believe that if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck. I believe the word fetus to be a cold word. It takes away any personality, and it does so for cause. I've pointed out many times that doctors dealing with women who want kids call them babies. When they don't want them, doctors call them fetuses.

I'd like that to be the case, but "the coldest doctor" would probably be quite callous. Most doctors would be gentle, though.

I had a very unfeeling OB/GYN the first time I miscarried. He had never quite connected with anything in the pregnancy and was always curt with me. But when I miscarried he became a different person.

So what happens if it's God's choice that the aborted fetuses should get a free ride into heaven, and the legislation in North Dakota is preventing God's will by having the pregnancies carried to full term?

God clearly tells us that whoever believes and is baptized will be saved. While it doesn't say that those who aren't baptized are condemned, it does put a pretty big emphasis on baptism - the work through which the Holy Spirit brings us to faith.

I can only rely on God's mercy when it comes to the loss of unborn children. It is especially wrenching when that loss is due to actively seeking out an abortion.

Reactions: ActionJ
Upvote 0

Dave Ellis

Contributor
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
✟52,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
God clearly tells us that whoever believes and is baptized will be saved. While it doesn't say that those who aren't baptized are condemned, it does put a pretty big emphasis on baptism - the work through which the Holy Spirit brings us to faith.

I can only rely on God's mercy when it comes to the loss of unborn children. It is especially wrenching when that loss is due to actively seeking out an abortion.

That doesn't answer my question at all...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ActionJ

Beware ... not really a " Chr
Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
1) The point is that zygotes aren't human persons - they don't have conciousness, sentience, sapience, self-awareness, neurological activity, etc - and so no more qualify for human rights than a tree or a corpse.

2) The Boston murderer deserves a trial by a jury of his peers, a harsh punishment if found guilty, but I'm of the opinion that no crime is worthy of capital punishment.

The two are apples and oranges.

I'm sure you genuinely believe that, but strength of conviction is no substitute for veracity.

Indeed - letting a woman die because a fertilised egg is more valued than her, is abominable. If there is a god, I can but hope those people will be judged accordingly.

Why? God was happy to kill all the male firstborns of Egypt - didn't that include innocent post-birth babies?

Humans with "consciousness" or "self-awareness" don't just **poof** into existence (with the exception of Adam and Eve). A predetermined pathway exists by which a human becomes a mature organism. The zygotic and embryonic stages of human development are vital stepping stones towards that end. Remove either of those stepping stones and you end the life of a human. You were a zygote at one point. You could not be who you are today had you not experienced that stage in your overall development. Who you are today is wholly dependent upon that early stage (and every previous stage) in your pathway to adulthood; therefore, it is foolish to conclude that your stage in life now is any more important than your stage in life was back then.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lethe

Jul 14, 2011
Somewhere in the Luminiferous Ether
✟1,671.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
You were a zygote at one point.
In some sense I was also a gamete.

Yet Christians don't mourn [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse].

Upvote 0

ActionJ

Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private

Yet Christians don't mourn [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse].

Apples vs. Oranges.

Upvote 0

Lethe

Jul 14, 2011
Somewhere in the Luminiferous Ether
✟1,671.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
ActionJ said:
The zygotic and embryonic stages of human development are vital stepping stones towards that end. Remove either of those stepping stones and you end the life of a human. You were a zygote at one point. You could not be who you are today had you not experienced that stage in your overall development.
ActionJ said:
Lethe said:

Apples vs. Oranges.

The speed at which you discard your prior logic in order to avoid coming to the obvious contradiction in your behavior and morality, frightens me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ActionJ

Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
The speed at which you discard your prior logic in order to avoid coming to the obvious contradiction in your behavior and morality, frightens me.

You frighten easily. LOL

Nevertheless, a zygote is that miracle of life that exists when a sperm and an egg successfully merge to form the earliest stage of an actual, growing, human organism.

Upvote 0

ActionJ

Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
Your logic: It's life because if you remove it from the chain you've ended a life.

Conclusion: Gametes are life.

Do you know of any institutions that specialize in ending the lives of gametes? Is that a sub-service provided by Planned Parenthood?

Again, apples vs. oranges. Alone ... a gamete is not a human life. It is a product of humanity. A human life begins when a sperm and an egg merge successfully.

Upvote 0