Nobel Panel Now Admits Obama Peace Prize a Mistake

Honey Parallel

Sep 16, 2015
✟619.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I think Bush just needs a rest. No more Bush hating, everybody. He made some mistakes, so did every other president. Does it ever occur to the liberal Christians that Bush might have asked God for forgiveness for all of his failures, and that it is technically their Christian obligation to forgive Bush and love him as a brother?
How many lives did other presidents mistakes cost? How many presidents joked about WMD's - I can show you the video clip of that if you want it - after being so serious telling the American people they were a real thing in Iraq? And that's why we had to send our sons and daughters there.

If we don't learn from history we are damned to repeat it. We did but worse with Obama. Some say he was elected because he was black. Others now say he's not being rightly impeached because he's black and the screams of racism overwhelm the Constitutional duty of Congress. When we impeached a president for lying about having an oral affair in the White house. But we don't impeach this guy? We need to speak of our history, learn from it, and make sure we never elect ourselves into that same place again. Sadly, I don't think we'll wake up before November 2016.

Upvote 0

AHH who-stole-my-name

in accordance with Christ
Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I think you'll find that the joke was that the Nobel committee awarded Obama with this award simply for not being Bush. It isn't really a slight on Bush, but the international perception of him. See? Isn't that funny?
It surprizes me sometimes just how infantile some of the quote/unquote Prestigious people in the world are when their feathers are not caressed according to their desires.

Upvote 0

AHH who-stole-my-name

Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
How many lives did other presidents mistakes cost? How many presidents joked about WMD's - I can show you the video clip of that if you want it - after being so serious telling the American people they were a real thing in Iraq? And that's why we had to send our sons and daughters there.

If we don't learn from history we are damned to repeat it. We did but worse with Obama. Some say he was elected because he was black. Others now say he's not being rightly impeached because he's black and the screams of racism overwhelm the Constitutional duty of Congress. When we impeached a president for lying about having an oral affair in the White house. But we don't impeach this guy? We need to speak of our history, learn from it, and make sure we never elect ourselves into that same place again. Sadly, I don't think we'll wake up before November 2016.
That which is beyond us to fix need not be forgotten, but it does need to be forgiven lest you enshrine anger as a permanent fixture in your soul.

Upvote 0

AHH who-stole-my-name

Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The same thing you are brother. The same thing you are.
Have I brought up anything that requires this responce other than the truth of the matter? If you think I am somehow in the wrong somewhere please do me the favor of pointing it out and I will appologize for it and retract my statement.

Upvote 0

AHH who-stole-my-name

Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
And conscious awareness is not a terminal anger. Ignorance is terminal. Not conscious awareness.
Ignorance is sometimes more subjective than objective. Cleaving to what is considered wrong in the past just to cling to it isn't a health activity. George Bush acted just as Clinton acted before him and President Obama acted after him. With the all that he had to bring to the table. I'm sure that each of these persons will always have their detractors and they too will never relinquish their animosity for them.

That is their's to bear and I wish them well with their burdens.

Upvote 0

Honey Parallel

Sep 16, 2015
✟619.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Have I brought up anything that requires this responce other than the truth of the matter? If you think I am somehow in the wrong somewhere please do me the favor of pointing it out and I will appologize for it and retract my statement.
No. And that's why the response addresses the truth of the matter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Honey Parallel

Sep 16, 2015
✟619.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Ignorance is sometimes more subjective than objective. Cleaving to what is considered wrong in the past just to cling to it isn't a health activity. George Bush acted just as Clinton acted before him and President Obama acted after him. With the all that he had to bring to the table. I'm sure that each of these persons will always have their detractors and they too will never relinquish their animosity for them.

That is their's to bear and I wish them well with their burdens.
It goes without the need to say so that these men will live with the legacy they created. As do we all.
However, as leader of the free world and as presidents are labeled their acts in office leave a burden for the citizens they are presiding over. And long after those responsible leaders have departed the office, the chambers, in the case of the legislative branch, and the court.

We are where we are because the past actions of people with the power to put us here did so with the stroke of a pen.

Upvote 0

AHH who-stole-my-name

Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It goes without the need to say so that these men will live with the legacy they created. As do we all.
However, as leader of the free world and as presidents are labeled their acts in office leave a burden for the citizens they are presiding over. And long after those responsible leaders have departed the office, the chambers, in the case of the legislative branch, and the court.

We are where we are because the past actions of people with the power to put us here did so with the stroke of a pen.
They leave us no burden unless we feel we need to defend them. Those who look at us in a certain way will do so out of habit and has nothing to do with what our leaders have done. It has to do with how they see themselves as opposed to how they veiw others and if the others constantly get the short stray it might just reflect on the charactor of the observer.

Upvote 0

AHH who-stole-my-name

Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
No. And that's why the response addresses the truth of the matter.
No your responce was a backlash of some kind and I requested a reason for it, since my post was a philosophical one that didn't dirrectly target you.

Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Torturing thousands of people and burning them to death wasn't violent? o_O

Oh, I understand...they weren't shot! (THAT'S violent :rolleyes: )
So, this is what I'm talking about. 2000 over the course of 300 years is not SO violent when you stop to think that twice as many American women will kill their own children today. From the way people describe it you would think the Inquisition was raining blood or something.

Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
....shall we count on you to stand up for peaceful solutions to world problems? Just wondering given your interest in the Nobel Peace Prize.

Interesting way of twisting my OP.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Torturing thousands of people and burning them to death wasn't violent? o_O

Oh, I understand...they weren't shot! (THAT'S violent :rolleyes: )

Clearly you still believe in the mythology of the Spanish Inquisition. Here are the historical facts put simply by numerous scholars worldwide:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/211193/real-inquisition-thomas-f-madden

In 1998 the Vatican opened the archives of the Holy Office (the modern successor to the Inquisition) to a team of 30 scholars from around the world. Now at last the scholars have made their report, an 800-page tome that was unveiled at a press conference in Rome on Tuesday. Its most startling conclusion is that the Inquisition was not so bad after all. Torture was rare and only about 1 percent of those brought before the Spanish Inquisition were actually executed.

The rest of the article is quite good at explaining the entire era and the Iquisition as well as how the myths and propaganda got started.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Clearly you still believe in the mythology of the Spanish Inquisition. Here are the historical facts put simply by numerous scholars worldwide:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/211193/real-inquisition-thomas-f-madden

In 1998 the Vatican opened the archives of the Holy Office (the modern successor to the Inquisition) to a team of 30 scholars from around the world. Now at last the scholars have made their report, an 800-page tome that was unveiled at a press conference in Rome on Tuesday. Its most startling conclusion is that the Inquisition was not so bad after all. Torture was rare and only about 1 percent of those brought before the Spanish Inquisition were actually executed.

The rest of the article is quite good at explaining the entire era and the Iquisition as well as how the myths and propaganda got started.
So 9/11 and Obama's drone strikes aren't really that bad, either since they weren't much more deadly. If you say so.:bow:

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Clearly you still believe in the mythology of the Spanish Inquisition.

I'm sure that's a great comfort to those who were tortured and burned.

Upvote 0