United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When I was 16/17 it seemed like my sexual desire for women left overnight and since then I begun to hate myself as I could never have a girlfriend because I'd be lying to myself and I wouldn't be able to please or be honest with her.
I'm 20 now and nothing has changed. I even got tested for low testosterone and everything was apparently fine.
All I have ever really prayed for is to have my love for women back again and for me to be more sociable and have more friends. It makes me depressed feeling lonely and different to everyone else.

Please help.

Loyce KG

Everyone MUST hear the gospel of Christ!
Nov 19, 2018
Kampala
✟44,026.00
Country
Uganda
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
When I was 16/17 it seemed like my sexual desire for women left overnight and since then I begun to hate myself as I could never have a girlfriend because I'd be lying to myself and I wouldn't be able to please or be honest with her.
I'm 20 now and nothing has changed. I even got tested for low testosterone and everything was apparently fine.
All I have ever really prayed for is to have my love for women back again and for me to be more sociable and have more friends. It makes me depressed feeling lonely and different to everyone else.

Please help.
Join a ballet dancing class or salsa-lots of estrogen for you to smell.

Upvote 0
Apr 1, 2019
Western Colorado
✟15,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You may have a calling on your life that the Lord wants you to pay attention to, for which women may be hard to manage at the same time as the duty. There are times that my physical attraction to women has been nothing but a chore to manage and I would be glad if it were just not there constantly. It's not a bad thing to be disinterested in women for a while. As long as you don't fake yourself into being attracted to men, you're just fine. If you find yourself being attracted to men, if it were me in your shoes, I'd get plugged into Christian counseling but only AFTER you repent and break any ties to generational curses you could have harassing you and see if that changes things over a few weeks.

Use the years where you aren't distracted by a desire and attraction to women to get a lot of things done for the Lord! He'll bring the right lady around to spark your desire again. Do not fall into sin though. That would be counterproductive!

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Wow, so this thread is going in some pretty weird directions.

Please help.
I am not trying to push you into anything here. But some Christians are legitimately called to celibacy. I'm not called to that though. So I don't pretend to understand what discerning a call to celibacy even entails. But it is a real calling and it's something that you may be experiencing right now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow, so this thread is going in some pretty weird directions.

I am not trying to push you into anything here. But some Christians are legitimately called to celibacy. I'm not called to that though. So I don't pretend to understand what discerning a call to celibacy even entails. But it is a real calling and it's something that you may be experiencing right now.
I am not called to celibacy. I just don't feel a burning desire for women anymore. When I see an attractive woman I know she's attractive but I don't get a racing heart or feel anything much anymore - I feel a little dead inside.

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In that case then you may have the charismatic gift of celibacy.
That's not a gift that's a curse. How am I meant to mingle with the women in my year? I'll have to give them a disclaimer before I get to know any of them.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

Please help.
Could there be a medical explanation for this turn of events other than for the possibility of low testosterone--for such a powerful decline in a normal sex drive, particularly at your age? Or some psychological cause? I think it bears checking into and that it is worth your while to do so.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is there a medical explanation for this turn of events? I think it bears checking into.
I really hope so. When the doctor told me I didn't have low testosterone I felt like giving up. All I want is the fire in my heart when I'm around women I like so that I can approach them, be myself and hang out with them.

Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm with Dave. I'd feel bad to pray for something that would subdue you. That sort of desire is like going on a road trip with a passenger that just suddenly overpowers the steering wheel and takes you where it wants. I understand the desire to feel normal but is that really what you want? Baring any substance abuse you would be in full control of your life. Not having that is like a super power in my mind.

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm with Dave. I'd feel bad to pray for something that would subdue you. That sort of desire is like going on a road trip with a passenger that just suddenly overpowers the steering wheel and takes you where it wants. I understand the desire to feel normal but is that really what you want?
All I want is my desire for women back, yes.
It's not wrong to love women so I would really like my desire for them to come back to what it used to be. I don't feel like a man anymore. I never speak to women or am able to speak to women I find attractive because I know I can't take them further.

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm with Dave. I'd feel bad to pray for something that would subdue you. That sort of desire is like going on a road trip with a passenger that just suddenly overpowers the steering wheel and takes you where it wants. I understand the desire to feel normal but is that really what you want? Baring any substance abuse you would be in full control of your life. Not having that is like a super power in my mind.
It's not a superstar trust me - I feel like a nobody. I don't drink but I might start going out sometimes to mix with more people.

Upvote 0