Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
For me as a single guy I’d definitely say a couple things concerning a girl but the most important to me is her stance with christ.

my dealbreaker is,if you aren’t a Christian the answer is No.I WILL NOT date any girl if she isn’t Christian EVER……

Reactions: Heartofsilver
Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Emotional abuse, physical abuse, danger of any kind, drug use, alcoholism, controlling behavior, trying to edit or change any aspect of myself that isn't sinful, expectation of sexual attraction, failure to believe that asexuality exists, inconsiderate behavior toward my friends or family members that isn't justifiable by their actions, lack of financial stability or having enough money to provide for a family, age gap of more than 5 years older or younger than me, failure to respect my introversion by constantly interrupting my existence 24/7, and constantly generating loud noise when I'm trying to work or get things done. These things I simply cannot live with.

Upvote 0

RoanokeIllinois

God is real, and I am not him.
Sep 7, 2022
Roanoke
✟2,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What is your biggest deal-breaker when it comes to
relationships?

I mean, shouldn't the first answer for everyone just be, if they're not a believer of God?

After that, then, Faithfulness, Morality, Doesn't use any drugs including pot, would never have an Abortion. I'm a Conservative that lives in a very liberal state, so I'm screwed in general. lol.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I mean, shouldn't the first answer for everyone just be, if they're not a believer of God?

After that, then, Faithfulness, Morality, Doesn't use any drugs including pot, would never have an Abortion. I'm a Conservative that lives in a very liberal state, so I'm screwed in general. lol.
What about alcohol and cigarettes?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tskjesusfreak

Jesus is King - 1689 LonBapConFaith
Nov 13, 2022
Georgia
✟9,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is what I'm looking for in a wife, anything that outside of this list, well she might be a wonderful sister in Christ to be around with but she doesn't have the actions to be marriagable.

Minimum Requirement that I'm looking for in a wife.
- Daily Bible Reading, Daily Prayer.
- Actual Member of her local church.
- Do a church related activity outside of regular church service, like a small group.
- Support her church financially.
- Is not divorced.
- Must strive to mortify sins.

Upvote 0

Beloved314

Aug 13, 2014
✟16,223.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I’ve been walking with the Lord for 13 yrs now and I can say that I’ve learned if my Spirit is grieved consistently by someone I can’t continue on. I will give them a chance (they have to be a believer though- I’m done evangelical dating!) I’m learning that the more I walk w Christ the more discerning I’m becoming and I’m more blessed alone with Him than with someone and my Spirit grieving. At 52 I still believe He is preparing the one He has for me in order to walk our days out glorifying Him and doing His work, but if not, He is my forever true Love and I’ll get on just fine without an earthly love. Now that’s hard to say in the lonely times but I’m done doing things in my own strength and will. This has to be done by Him.

• Friendly
Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’ve been walking with the Lord for 13 yrs now and I can say that I’ve learned if my Spirit is grieved consistently by someone I can’t continue on. I will give them a chance (they have to be a believer though- I’m done evangelical dating!) I’m learning that the more I walk w Christ the more discerning I’m becoming and I’m more blessed alone with Him than with someone and my Spirit grieving. At 52 I still believe He is preparing the one He has for me in order to walk our days out glorifying Him and doing His work, but if not, He is my forever true Love and I’ll get on just fine without an earthly love. Now that’s hard to say in the lonely times but I’m done doing things in my own strength and will. This has to be done by Him.
I was in a long term relationship that started within weeks of 9/11/2001. We both lived in the DC metro area. It fell apart, then irreversibly split during the Great Financial Crisis. She wanted to marry, I did not. My loneliness comes and goes. Six years ago I moved to a 55+ community. I heard a woman’s welcome at a community function and decided to try online dating. I wrote to, called and met women in person, at a Starbucks, or waterfront seafood restaurant. Two came to my home for lunch. I visited one who had children at home. That lasted a year or two. One on disability wrote to me once in awhile asking if I was interested in marriage. I wrote back, “No.” I am only interested in friendship. This past year or two she wrote she found someone who wants to marry her. She must have written to a lot of men. I broke my hip and am not attending social functions as the surgery was not successful. I use a walker with wheels in my home and crutches for stairs. I had a homecare worker clean once a week. Celibacy seems logical to me. I have been in this way a long time. Paul preached against premarital sex (fornication). Part of Deuteronomy has warnings against perversion. I use online groups for fellowship and have family yet alive. We met several times a year. We called each other nearly once a week. God found things for me to do. I like Jesus.

Upvote 0

Anabelle McClain

Anything for God. Everything for God.
Oct 6, 2022
Didi Tchkoni
✟13,567.00
Country
Georgia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What is your biggest deal-breaker when it comes to
relationships?
Just saw this thread and I enjoyed reading you people's standards. The biggest for me is that he is a Christian(of course)and that he has a bigger heart and vision for missions work than I do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
a lot of you are instantly rejecting the idea of being with an unbeliever. Perhaps you are not seeing an opporunity to witness or plant fruit per say in someone's life? Unbelievers are often people who are mad at God, not truly denying his existence. (This has been my experience). Perhaps a believer reels in and saves an unbeliever allowing them to become born again and having a great amount of trust and faith in you. My mother's friend did this. She married an athiest and they are still together 45 years later and ran a Christian academy together before retiring. He obviously became born again and look what that turned into. I understand most of you all's position though. From a short thought, it seems a bad idea.

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
a lot of you are instantly rejecting the idea of being with an unbeliever. Perhaps you are not seeing an opporunity to witness or plant fruit per say in someone's life? Unbelievers are often people who are mad at God, not truly denying his existence. (This has been my experience). Perhaps a believer reels in and saves an unbeliever allowing them to become born again and having a great amount of trust and faith in you. My mother's friend did this. She married an athiest and they are still together 45 years later and ran a Christian academy together before retiring. He obviously became born again and look what that turned into. I understand most of you all's position though. From a short thought, it seems a bad idea.
I've had my share of relationships before coming to the LORD and none of them were blessed.
I'll leave that aspect of my life in his hands entirely, much like the rest of my life LORD Willing.
as I've seen time and time again,
I've got horrible taste.

Upvote 0

Anabelle McClain

Oct 6, 2022
Didi Tchkoni
✟13,567.00
Country
Georgia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That is an awesome story. Its proof that God is good.
I feel strongly convicted from certain verses in the Bible that I should not enter into a romantic relationship with an unbeliever. I live in an unreached area in Europe so all my friends are non Christians. I love these friends so much but am unwillingly to enter into a romantic relationship with them. I hold to this conviction not just because the Bible teaches us to be equally yoked but also because God is the love of my life and my defining characteristic. I need someone who can understand this side of me and resonate with my love and desire for God. Does this make sense?
God bless

Upvote 0

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
That is an awesome story. Its proof that God is good.
I feel strongly convicted from certain verses in the Bible that I should not enter into a romantic relationship with an unbeliever. I live in an unreached area in Europe so all my friends are non Christians. I love these friends so much but am unwillingly to enter into a romantic relationship with them. I hold to this conviction not just because the Bible teaches us to be equally yoked but also because God is the love of my life and my defining characteristic. I need someone who can understand this side of me and resonate with my love and desire for God. Does this make sense?
God bless

I certainly agree. Perhaps a way to go about this would be to pursue friendship first, become committed with the future intent of romance and possibly marriage and during that time before, allow them to gain your trust and understanding and let you show them in a non-confrontational way how good God is and perhaps then, they may come to an understanding and choose to walk the same path as you.

Upvote 0

Anabelle McClain

Oct 6, 2022
Didi Tchkoni
✟13,567.00
Country
Georgia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I certainly agree. Perhaps a way to go about this would be to pursue friendship first, become committed with the future intent of romance and possibly marriage and during that time before, allow them to gain your trust and understanding and let you show them in a non-confrontational way how good God is and perhaps then, they may come to an understanding and choose to walk the same path as you.
Yeah, I agree with that. Building a loving, trusting, friendship can be so important to establish before stepping into sharing the gospel. And even if they reject the gospel I think it is still very important to keep up a loving friendship with them because we never know how God will use us in their life in the future.

Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0