Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Unbeliever or especially carnal. I ain't got time for that.

And beside the obvious, I would have to say communication. If she's unwilling to sit down and talk about things then that's a red flag too. I've met several married couples and asked them what the secret has been to the longevity of their marriage and every one of them has said the second thing next to the Lord has been communication. Whenever God does bring that one into my life, I'm in for the long haul and communication will be something I will be paying attention to. (not only for myself but her as well)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's tough to predetermine all possibilities. Aside from the painfully obvious deal breakers like they had a booger hanging off the their nose, or they have to have that security blanket with them at all times, and things of that nature, we just about have to get our feet wet, or at least wade in a bit to see if there is a problem. Of course it could be that's what you mean, things we've found once in a relationship as opposed to things that keep us from even trying.

Then there are the good points that may override bad ones.

Even then, the problem might not show up till it's way too late.

But all babbling aside, I'm easy, I might even take her blanket, wipe her nose with it, hand it back and move on with the date.....carefully.

Upvote 0

Beautyinsteadofashes

Site Supporter
May 16, 2017
Mathews
✟271,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's tough to predetermine all possibilities. Aside from the painfully obvious deal breakers like they had a booger hanging off the their nose, or they have to have that security blanket with them at all times, and things of that nature, we just about have to get our feet wet, or at least wade in a bit to see if there is a problem. Of course it could be that's what you mean, things we've found once in a relationship as opposed to things that keep us from even trying.

Then there are the good points that may override bad ones.

Even then, the problem might not show up till it's way too late.

But all babbling aside, I'm easy, I might even take her blanket, wipe her nose with it, hand it back and move on with the date.....carefully.
Lol. Oh my goodness. Would a bugger be a deal-breaker?
I think I meant more along the lines of deal-breakers that would prevent you from entering a relationship to start with. I agree though that new ones can arise in a relationship that is already developed. Believe me I know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lol. Oh my goodness. Would a bugger be a deal-breaker?

Probably not but like I said, between that and the security blanket, I'd carry on, but cautiously. :)

Sorry to hear you had a not so pleasant of a surprise in a past relationship.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fragilewingz

i AM pi@h...
Aug 17, 2014
i AM... all alone
✟16,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I made a list basing on the last person who I fell out of love with... but top 2 would be:

1.Person who lacks empathy/ compassion/ the ability to understand what their significant other is is going through
2. a person who claims to be a Christian but is not a Christian in their thoughts words and actions

Upvote 0

Jamminontha1

Jun 29, 2017
Vallejo
✟11,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What is your biggest deal-breaker when it comes to
relationships?

Someone who doesn't have a relationship with God, but that's a given, so I'd say it's someone who doesn't treat others kindly.

Upvote 0

Heartofsilver

Bride of Christ 4/8/17 Isaiah 54:5
Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2016
California
✟139,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Non-Christian, doesn't have an active relationship with Jesus, controlling, lack of loyalty, abusive, self-centered, drug abuse, smokes, unable to cope with problems, no job, and no car.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ForeverEternal

Forever dreaming, forever wishing
Nov 8, 2016
USA
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
  1. Unbeliever.
  2. Even if they're a Christian, if they have a lack of relationship with God and don't like spiritual things like Christian music and such, it's usually a huge turn off. If they also disagree with major things in the Bible, then they're pretty much off my to be married list.
  3. Sarcastic and demeaning
That's about it, I try to be be fun loving and forgiving, but I set standards in case I end up setting myself up for heart break.

Last edited:
Upvote 0