Wisconsin
✟8,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
If Hitler is "Resting In Peace" that means God is not Just.

If Hell doesn't exist then our God is not a Just God..

We might as well do whatever we want in this life, because there are no eternal consequences????

If there is no Hell then there is no true Justice. Resting In Piece is no punishment whatsoever.

Why obey God ?? If there are no eternal consequences,?

Resting in peace is a reward, not a punishment.

Hitler is Resting In Peace ???

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
He's dead... and when the time comes.... I suspect, total annihilation...don't ever really know for sure ..... their always a possibility that he accepted Christ... seems unlikely.... but ya never know.

• Agree
Reactions: Skye1300
Upvote 0

Skye1300

Vegan Pro life Mom
Mar 19, 2022
West Coast USA
✟47,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

We might as well do whatever we want in this life, because there are no eternal consequences????

If there is no Hell then there is no true Justice. Resting In Piece is no punishment whatsoever.

I'm pretty sure Hitler is now or will be eventually in hell for all eternity. But of course you never know for 100% sure because anything is possible. Even if he did have a deathbed conversion, he's in purgatory which still involves suffering for atonement. There is no free get out of jail card. But most likely he's in hell or bound for hell.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Jesus died for everyone, we have no way of knowing who will or will not or did or did not accept Jesus as a savior. There is no amount of sin that Jesus can not forgive for those who accept Him.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

These questions illustrate how some teachings are an invented doctrine over a period of time. It is because people need to feel they have a say in how people are judged, and generally cannot forgive.

However, God's kingdom is not a democracy. God judges, and whatever the judgment is, you just accept it.

Even if Hitler was forgiven.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Hitler is no more. He is not strumming a harp on the clouds with angels - my opinion.

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If Hitler is "Resting In Peace" that means God is not Just. If Hell doesn't exist then our God is not a Just God..
No Christian denies the reality of hell. The questions some raise include the quality and duration of hell.

• Agree
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟252,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-​

All of the sins Hitler committed has been forgiven/taken away on the cross.

If hitler ends up in the lake of fire, it is because he never trusted in The Messiah for God's free gift of Eternal Life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

First off: There is no cosmic rule book out there, “justice” (the penalty for offending the creator) is determined by God and not you. Now God has taught us a lot about sin and the penalty, but God could have started out with a lesser penalty, prior to teaching us what it is like.

What I am saying is: “God could have been just as just without Hell”, if God had set it up that way, He could have made our sins less grievous.

God promised a hell for some people, so He has to provide a hell for some people, since He does not lie. Being required by a promise is not the same as being required by justice when God is determining what justice requires.

Quit blaming God for the severity of hell, that severity is there to help me. I needed to realize how unbelievably huge of a debt sin creates so when I accept God’s forgives of this huge debt I will automatically have an unbelievable huge Love (Godly type Love) Luke 7 he who is forgiven much Loves much.

Upvote 0

Skye1300

Vegan Pro life Mom
Mar 19, 2022
West Coast USA
✟47,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Also remember, hell was created for the devil, not man. Men end up there because they rejected Jesus.

In Matthew 25:41 Jesus says, "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.'"

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
He's dead... and when the time comes.... I suspect, total annihilation...don't ever really know for sure ..... their always a possibility that he accepted Christ... seems unlikely.... but ya never know.
If there is total annihilation, what are your thoughts on Matthew 24 where the goats (those on the left) are punished? Just curious...

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
If there is total annihilation, what are your thoughts on Matthew 24 where the goats (those on the left) are punished? Just curious...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟994,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are some folks that believe that there is no literal hell and if there is God would never send anyone to hell.
They will argue that in Matt 25:46 Jesus did not say "eternal punishment" but really said "age during correction. They replace the "adjective" "aionios" with a noun "age" and a preposition "during."
EOB Matthew:25:46 When he will answer them, saying: ‘Amen, I tell you: as much as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ 46 These [ones on the left] will go away into eternal [αἰώνιος/aionios] punishment, [κόλασις/kolasis] but the righteous into eternal [αἰώνιος/aionios] life.”​
Greek has been the language of the Eastern Greek Orthodox church since its inception, 2000 years ago +/-. Who better than the team of native Greek speaking scholars, the translators of the Eastern Greek Orthodox Bible [EOB], quoted below, know the correct meaning of the Greek words in the N.T.?
Link to EOB online:
The New Testament ( The Eastern-Greek Orthodox Bible) : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive
…..The Greek word “kolasis” occurs only twice in the N.T., 1st occurrence Matt 25:46 and the 2nd occurrence 1 John 4:18.
EOB 1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear, because fear is connected with punishment.[ κόλασις/kolasis] But the one who fears is not yet perfect in love.​
Note, the native Greek speaking Eastern Orthodox Greek scholars, translators of the EOB, translated “aionios” as “eternal,” NOT “age.”
In the EOB the Greek word “kolasis” is translated “punishment” in both Matt 25:46 and 1 John 4:18. Some folks claim “kolasis” really means “prune” or “correction.” However, according to the EOB Greek scholars it means “punishment.”
Note: in 1 John 4:18 there is no correction, the one with “kolasis” is not made perfect. Thus “kolasis” does not/cannot mean “correction.
…..It is acknowledged that modern Greek is different than koine Greek but I am confident that the Greek speaking EOB scholars are competent enough to know the correct meanings of old words which may have changed in meaning or are no longer used and translate them correctly. Just as scholars today know the meaning of archaic words which occur in the KJV and translate them correctly.

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

JSRG

Apr 14, 2019
Midwest
✟161,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I am very confused as to what you are talking about here. Can you clarify what you mean by "resting in peace"? You use this phrase but do not explain what you mean. Are you referring to annihilationism/conditionalism with that?

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟758,524.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'd be very surprised if Adolf Hitler isn't in Hell, along with most of the other tyrants who have ever lived. There might be the occasional exception, but I think they'd be rare. I remember a pastor saying that most people die as they lived.

I've often maintained that the night my father died, he appeared in my room. We talked and argued, but at the end he gave this absolutely terrifying scream and disappeared. It was obvious something was coming for him. It scared the hell out of me, and I've never forgotten it.

I personally think he's in Hell, and he didn't do a tiny fraction of the things Hitler did or was responsible for. The worst of my father's behaviour was to be a mongrel to his own family, plus no doubt some other behaviour.

He may have killed someone in the war as a soldier, but I don't think soldiers who are being fired at by the other side and share the same risk of being killed themselves are under the same sort of judgment as someone who kills other people who are unarmed and not even resisting them.

Christ healed a centurion's servant and in no way censured the centurion because he was in the Roman Army.

I agree with the Catholic Church's teaching that the "particular" (personal) judgement takes place immediately after death (viz. my father who had died probably couple of minutes before he appeared to me), and we go immediately to Heaven (very few), Purgatory, or Hell. Those in purgatory get to heaven eventually.

If anyone deserved to go to Hell, Hitler did.

Or put this way - why shouldn't he have gone there?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

As a Lutheran you should know the answer to this question: What is the justice of God mentioned in Romans 1:17?

Is the justice of God the justice by which God punishes the wicked and rewards the righteous?
Or is the justice of God the justice by which God justifies sinners?

If justice is about punishment and reward, rather than grace and mercy, then there is no Gospel.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
We boldly speak of Gehenna when we often bring up the names of certain men that we judge to be the worst of sinners that ever walked the face of the Earth, but there is a solemn silence when we think about ourselves. Hitler was one of us, and we have the same potential for the same level of corruption lying dormant inside all of us. It is easy to say, if Hitler is resting in peace, God is not just; but where is the honest Christian that will say, if I were to rest in peace in my sin, God is not just? Where is the honest Christian who will always use himself/herself as the perfect example? I say, that Christian considers himself a great sinner in need of a great savior.

• Useful
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0