No Church?

Status
Not open for further replies.

repentant

Orthodoxy: Debunking heretics since 33 A.D.
Sep 2, 2005
US of A
✟8,687.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Liar? What ever; I did not lie to you and the slander and insults were on both sides. I was never orthodox; my family was, and my Grandfather from Greece studied to be a priest but it never happened. Yes there is no connection to Rome NOW, but there was a connection in Constantine’s time The insults were from both sides and our beliefs are what separate us. I thought orthodoxy was a great debunker; all it is was a social group with pretty buildings and a dead religious traditional message.

God’s Word is a spiritual Word and it is hidden and if you will look at it thought the traditions of the pass, all you will get is tradition; just like the Jews in Jesus time.

I gave two choices, either you were lying, or you had no clue as to what the beautiful, earthly Church of Church of Christ was that you were born into believes..in your case, it was the latter. If your family was EO, then you were born into it, no?

And again, not going to argue. If you think the EOC and it's Traditions are not from God, then so be it. That is your blasphemy that you have to deal with..

Just one thing..our connection to Rome in the past, is just that, in the past..before they apostosized. It is like saying that Christianity is connected to Islam, because Mohammed and the first Muslims were Christians. And Christianity is somehow tarnished because of that...makes no sense my friend..

Upvote 0
B

Ben12

You really make no sense. How is it that because we identify as EOC and they as RCC make us have to do with one another? Us having two different names is an effect of us not being "under one banner" & "out of communion" with each other.

We are two COMPLETELY different forms of Christianity, under two COMPLETELY different authorities.

The Church does it's job. The info is all there, out in the open. Priests are available to talk to, and everything we believe or teach can be learned and found out. If people choose to ignore and/or not listen, how can the Church be blamed and or be shamed? Should Christ be shamed because some people chose not to listen to Him and follow Him?

And where in scripture does it say man has a choice to follow Christ. Freewill another religious doctrine made up from the minds of religious carnal men and is not based on scripture.

Upvote 0
B

Ben12

I gave two choices, either you were lying, or you had no clue as to what the beautiful, earthly Church of Church of Christ was that you were born into believes..in your case, it was the latter. If your family was EO, then you were born into it, no?

And again, not going to argue. If you think the EOC and it's Traditions are not from God, then so be it. That is your blasphemy that you have to deal with..

Just one thing..our connection to Rome in the past, is just that, in the past..before they apostosized. It is like saying that Christianity is connected to Islam, because Mohammed and the first Muslims were Christians. And Christianity is somehow tarnished because of that...makes no sense my friend..

Jeremiah 51:7
Babylon hath been a golden cup in the LORD's hand, that made all the
earth drunken: the nations have drunken of her wine; therefore the nations are mad.

I pointed out the word Easter and its origins; do you not celebrate Easter? You speak of blasphemy towards God; not at all. Against a false religious system I have very little good to say about any religion. God uses all religions to include yours; but that is all they are they have stopped seeking truth; and as you have declared revelation.

Upvote 0
B

Ben12

I do not believe in a God of the past, or even of the future; I do believe in a God of now. God’s Word is alive and is real and it is deep and it is awesome, it is hidden from the religious and carnal believer; it a mystery. If the only God you know of is a God of tradition; you might as well be a Jew in Jesus time; for that is all they knew.

So much that is taught in religion today is from tradition and not revelation; there is a pattern in the Bible when it comes to the word tradition; it is not spoken of in a positive light.

Matthew 15:2
Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread. 3
But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

Matthew 15:6
And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition..

Mark 7:9
And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

Mark 7:13
Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Galatians 1:14
And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.

Colossians 2:8
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

2 Thessalonians 3:6
Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

1 Peter 1:18
Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

Upvote 0

repentant

Sep 2, 2005
US of A
✟8,687.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
And where in scripture does it say man has a choice to follow Christ. Freewill another religious doctrine made up from the minds of religious carnal men and is not based on scripture.

WHAT??

You must be kidding me..

60Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?

66From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

Is that not free will? Did they not make the chioce to stop walking with Jesus? Did Jesus turn them away, or did they choose to leave? Do I need to post more?

In your false theology, God chooses who will parish and who will be saved...not a real just God if you ask me..

Again, why should I argue with someone who has no clue what they are saying?

Upvote 0

repentant

Sep 2, 2005
US of A
✟8,687.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Jeremiah 51:7
Babylon hath been a golden cup in the LORD's hand, that made all the
earth drunken: the nations have drunken of her wine; therefore the nations are mad.

I pointed out the word Easter and its origins; do you not celebrate Easter? You speak of blasphemy towards God; not at all. Against a false religious system I have very little good to say about any religion. God uses all religions to include yours; but that is all they are they have stopped seeking truth; and as you have declared revelation.

Obviously you fail to listen. Didn't I say that Easter was a western term, and not a term we use in the Orthodox Church? We celebrate pascha, or the Anastasi..

I do not believe in a God of the past, or even of the future; I do believe in a God of now. God’s Word is alive and is real and it is deep and it is awesome, it is hidden from the religious and carnal believer; it a mystery. If the only God you know of is a God of tradition; you might as well be a Jew in Jesus time; for that is all they knew.

So much that is taught in religion today is from tradition and not revelation; there is a pattern in the Bible when it comes to the word tradition; it is not spoken of in a positive light.

Matthew 15:2
Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread. 3
But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

Matthew 15:6
And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition..

Mark 7:9
And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Galatians 1:14
And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.

Colossians 2:8
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

2 Thessalonians 3:6
Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

1 Peter 1:18
Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

I think you have Apostolic God given Tradition, and the traditions of the Pharisees confused. Pharisitic tradition consists of washing their hands and pots before they ate. This was something made up by men. Jesus rebuked this. He also rebuked them for not holding onto the TRUE Traditions that they should have...Jesus did not condemn Traditions but traditions..Matt 23:23..Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Apostolic Tradition, such as what Paul spoke of..

2 Thessalonians 2:15
Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

....is the teachings and faith of the Church, as taught by the Apostles through the Church. Things such as the Trinity...

Upvote 0

LLWHA

May 21, 2007
✟910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Rick, I really have no clue what you are talking about. The Church is only honored as a place of Worship, and a house of God. I really have no clue how this has anything to do with anything. Why is having a place to gather and worship together in Communion a bad thing? What was the Temple? Synagogue? What were the houses were they gathered in NT Scripture? I really don't see your point..

God gave permission for one Temple. We all know it is gone.

Jesus told His followers not to pray in church as the hypocrites do. And not to give alms where people can see you like in a church. Jesus was the last Priest. We are all brothers.

God wants to live in the hearts of men not a building full of idols led by a blind guide.

Upvote 0

repentant

Sep 2, 2005
US of A
✟8,687.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
God gave permission for one Temple. We all know it is gone.

Jesus told His followers not to pray in church as the hypocrites do. And not to give alms where people can see you like in a church. Jesus was the last Priest. We are all brothers.

God wants to live in the hearts of men not a building full of idols led by a blind guide.

Such misinterpretation. Jesus was rebuking the Pharisees by telling the people not to show off like they did. Praying together, and coming together in "Ekklesia" to worship, and be in Communion are all over the New Testament. Must I really do what I did above and show you?

Have you also read the Greek which talks about appointing "Episkopos" which are Bishops and Elder's, or "Presbyters" which are Priests? I doubt it.

From what I see on here by most Protestants who claim that the EOC are "idol worshipping blind men", really have no clue what Scripture says. It really shows in this thread....Protestants are nothing like the Ancient Apostolic Orthodox Church, and is nothing but the blind leading the dumb..

Upvote 0

LLWHA

May 21, 2007
✟910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Such misinterpretation. Jesus was rebuking the Pharisees by telling the people not to show off like they did. Praying together, and coming together in "Ekklesia" to worship, and be in Communion are all over the New Testament. Must I really do what I did above and show you?

Have you also read the Greek which talks about appointing "Episkopos" which are Bishops and Elder's, or "Presbyters" which are Priests? I doubt it.

From what I see on here by most Protestants who claim that the EOC are "idol worshipping blind men", really have no clue what Scripture says. It really shows in this thread....Protestants are nothing like the Ancient Apostolic Orthodox Church, and is nothing but the blind leading the dumb..

So where in the Bible does God give permission for Temple number two? I have read the Bible cover to cover and never read this.

There is nothing wrong with getting together to pray and study the Bible as long as you are not being led by a hireling in a building full of idols. God wants to live in the hearts of men not a building full of idols led by a blind guide.

Jesus was the last Priest we are all brothers.

Jesus did not come to start a church and He gave the Kingdom of God to a Nation.

"{Have you also read the Greek which talks about appointing "Episkopos" which are Bishops and Elder's, or "Presbyters" which are Priests? I doubt it.}"

This is anti Christ. Jesus is the Good Shepard and the Last Priest and we are all brothers. I'm a Hebrew of the Nation Israel!! Why would I care that some Greek says.

I do not go to the Dogs.

I follow God and His Law.

I follow Jesus Christ and His Words.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

repentant

Sep 2, 2005
US of A
✟8,687.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
So where in the Bible does God give permission for Temple number two? I have read the Bible cover to cover and never read this.

I can't believe we have to deal with this...

Did you happen to miss all the SYNAGOGUES in Scripture?

There is nothing wrong with getting together to pray and study the Bible as long as you are not being led by a hireling in a building full of idols. God wants to live in the hearts of men not a building full of idols led by a blind guide.

Umm ok. Obviously you do not know what an idol is...please tell me what I worship as a gos besides God? Until you can do that, stop your slander..

Jesus was the last Priest we are all brothers.

No, Jesus was the HIGH Priest..please show me where He was the last one.., again have you ever read the Greek?

Jesus did not come to start a church and He gave the Kingdom of God to a Nation.

Hmm...
Matthew 16:18
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Honestly, do you people actually read the Bible you profess so much? We do I tell you that. There is alot of Scripture at each Orthodox service..not to mention the daily Bible readings..

This is anti Christ. Jesus is the Good Shepard and the Last Priest and we are all brothers. I'm a Hebrew of the Nation Israel!! Why would I care that some Greek says.

Umm ok? Again, please show me where Jesus is the last Priest. Why would you care what some Greek says? Are you really that ignorant? I mean seriously? THE BIBLE WAS WRITTEN IN GREEK!!! That is what I mean by "have you ever read the Greek"...

I do not go to the Dogs.

Yo usure about that?

I follow God and His Law.

No you don't.

I follow Jesus Christ and His Words.

No you don't. You don't even know what His Word says.

I can't believe ignorant Protestants sometimes. Scripture this, and God's Word that..AND THEY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT IT EVEN SAYS!!

Now I remember why I left the stupidity in this site..

Upvote 0

LLWHA

May 21, 2007
✟910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I can't believe we have to deal with this...

Did you happen to miss all the SYNAGOGUES in Scripture?

Umm ok. Obviously you do not know what an idol is...please tell me what I worship as a gos besides God? Until you can do that, stop your slander..

No, Jesus was the HIGH Priest..please show me where He was the last one.., again have you ever read the Greek?

Hmm...
Matthew 16:18
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Honestly, do you people actually read the Bible you profess so much? We do I tell you that. There is alot of Scripture at each Orthodox service..not to mention the daily Bible readings..

Umm ok? Again, please show me where Jesus is the last Priest. Why would you care what some Greek says? Are you really that ignorant? I mean seriously? THE BIBLE WAS WRITTEN IN GREEK!!! That is what I mean by "have you ever read the Greek"...

Yo usure about that?

No you don't.

No you don't. You don't even know what His Word says.

I can't believe ignorant Protestants sometimes. Scripture this, and God's Word that..AND THEY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT IT EVEN SAYS!!

Now I remember why I left the stupidity in this site..

Ezekiel 34:1 And the Word of the "I AM" came unto me, saying,
34:2 Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord "I AM" unto the Levites; Woe [be] to the shepherds of Israel that do feed themselves! should not the shepherds feed the flocks?
34:3 Ye eat the fat, and ye clothe you with the wool, ye kill them that are fed [the Prophets]: [but] ye feed not the flock.
34:4 The diseased have ye not strengthened, neither have ye healed that which was sick, neither have ye bound up [that which was] broken, neither have ye brought again that which was driven away, neither have ye sought that which was lost; but with force and with cruelty have ye ruled them.
34:5 And they were scattered, because [there is] no shepherd: and they became meat to all the beasts of the field, when they were scattered.
34:6 My sheep wandered through all the mountains, and upon every high hill: yea, My flock was scattered upon all the face of the earth, and none did search or seek [after them].
34:7 Therefore, ye Levites, hear the Word of the "I AM";
34:8 [As] I live, saith the Lord "I AM", surely because My flock became a prey, and My flock became meat to every beast of the field, because [there was] no shepherd, neither did My shepherds search for My flock, but the Levites fed themselves, and fed not My flock;
34:9 Therefore, O ye Levites, hear the Word of the "I AM";
34:10 Thus saith the Lord "I AM"; Behold, I [am] against the shepherds; and I will require My flock at their hand, and cause them to cease from feeding the flock; neither shall the shepherds feed themselves any more; for I will deliver My flock from their mouth, that they may not be meat for them.
34:11 For thus saith the Lord "I AM"; Behold, I, [even] I, will both search My sheep, and seek them out.
34:12 As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep [that are] scattered; so will I seek out My sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.
34:13 And I will bring them out from the people, and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own land, and feed them upon the mountains of Israel by the rivers, and in all the inhabited places of the country.
34:14 I will feed them in a good pasture, and upon the high mountains of Israel shall their fold be: there shall they lie in a good fold, and [in] a fat pasture shall they feed upon the mountains of Israel.
34:15 I will feed My flock, and I will cause them to lie down, saith the Lord "I AM".
34:16 I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up [that which was] broken, and will strengthen that which was sick: but I will destroy the fat and the strong; I will feed them with Judgment.
34:17 And [as for] you, O My flock, thus saith the Lord "I AM"; Behold, I judge between cattle and cattle, between the rams and the he goats.
34:18 [Seemeth it] a small thing unto you to have eaten up the good pasture, but ye must tread down with your feet the residue of your pastures? and to have drunk of the deep waters, but ye must foul the residue with your feet?
34:19 And [as for] My flock, they eat that which ye have trodden with your feet; and they drink that which ye have fouled with your feet.
34:20 Therefore thus saith the Lord "I AM" unto them; Behold, I, [even] I, will judge between the fat cattle and between the lean cattle.
34:21 Because ye have thrust with side and with shoulder, and pushed all the diseased with your horns, till ye have scattered them abroad;
34:22 Therefore will I save My flock, and they shall no more be a prey; and I will judge between cattle and cattle.
34:23 And I will set up One shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, [even] My "Well-Beloved" servant; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.
34:24 And I the "I AM" will be their God, and My "Well-Beloved" servant a prince among them; I the "I AM" have spoken [it].
34:25 And I will make with them a (New) Covenant of peace, and will cause the evil beasts to cease out of the land: and they shall dwell safely in the wilderness, and sleep in the woods.
34:26 And I will make them and the places round about My hill a blessing; and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing.
34:27 And the tree of the field shall yield her fruit, and the earth shall yield her increase, and they shall be safe in their land, and shall know that I [am] the "I AM", when I have broken the bands of their yoke, and delivered them out of the hand of those that served themselves of them (Levites, etc.).
34:28 And they shall no more be a prey to the heathen, neither shall the beast of the land devour them; but they shall dwell safely, and none shall make [them] afraid.
34:29 And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more.
34:30 Thus shall they know that I the "I AM" their God [am] with them, and [that] they, [even] the "House of Israel", [are] My people (christian), saith the Lord "I AM".
34:31 And ye My flock, the flock of My pasture, [are] men, [and] I [am] your God, saith the Lord "I AM".

23 And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.

David means "Well-Beloved" in Hebrew the Greeks never translated that right from Hebrew.
Church was translated wrong also it should be community!!

Sorry I'm not a Protestant.

""{Did you happen to miss all the SYNAGOGUES in Scripture?}"" Just because man builds them does not mean God wants them.

<staff edit>

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

repentant

Sep 2, 2005
US of A
✟8,687.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
23 And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.

Wow, you really have no clue. Here He is saying DAVID is the Shepard, not God, not Jesus.. and by the way..

15So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

16He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

17He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

He made more Shepards...

David means "Well-Beloved" in Hebrew the Greeks never translated that right from Hebrew.
Church was translated wrong also it should be community!!
I don;t see what David has to do with anything, other than you using him being the Shepard to try and say Jesus was the LAST Priest..

And "Ekklesia" which is the Greek for what got translated to Church in English, means "gathering", which is exactly why one goes to Church..to gather in Communion..

Sorry I'm not a Protestant.
Yea you are.

""{Did you happen to miss all the SYNAGOGUES in Scripture?}"" Just because man builds them does not mean God wants them.
If God didn't want them, Jesus would have never taught in them and He would have rebuked them. Did He ever rebuke them? Don't think so..again, you have no clue what Scripture says or means.
<staff edit>

Upvote 0

LLWHA

May 21, 2007
✟910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wow, you really have no clue. Here He is saying DAVID is the Shepard, not God, not Jesus.. and by the way..

15So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

16He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

17He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

He made more Shepards...

I don;t see what David has to do with anything, other than you using him being the Shepard to try and say Jesus was the LAST Priest..

And "Ekklesia" which is the Greek for what got translated to Church in English, means "gathering", which is exactly why one goes to Church..to gather in Communion..

Yea you are.

If God didn't want them, Jesus would have never taught in them and He would have rebuked them. Did He ever rebuke them? Don't think so..again, you have no clue what Scripture says or means.

Ok my friend, believe what you want. You call me blind and the Priests and Bishops of Christ's Church blind, and yet you have no clue what Scripture says. Instead YOU are brainwashed by your false teachers that Christ warned about.

"And I will set up One shepherd over them, and he shall feed them,"

34:25 And I will make with them a (New) Covenant of peace,

This is about Jesus!! David had been Dead for like 500 years when this was written. As I pointed out and you could not understand David means "Well-Beloved" in Hebrew.

Jesus told the Jews that their Temple would not stand and it does not stand.

Its Gone!!

Last time Jesus was in the Temple He knocked a bunch of stuff over and made a large seen about how evil it had become.

<staff edit>

Upvote 0

repentant

Sep 2, 2005
US of A
✟8,687.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
"And I will set up One shepherd over them, and he shall feed them,"

34:25 And I will make with them a (New) Covenant of peace,

This is about Jesus!! David had been Dead for like 500 years when this was written. As I pointed out and you could not understand David means "Well-Beloved" in Hebrew.

This is what I quoted and said was David as the Shepard..and what say you about Jesus telling Peter to feed His sheep, etc? Seems to me to be the job of a shepard, no?

Last time Jesus was in the Temple He knocked a bunch of stuff over and made a large seen about how evil it had become.
Yes, because they turned the HOUSE OF GOD, into a den of thieves..did you get the HOUSE OF GOD PART?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
B

Ben12

Repentant

As I said earlier are you seeking revelation or tradition; is God unveiling His truth and reality or is the message as dead as a corpse; You proclaimed that all revelation died a few centuries after Christ. There are foundations and precepts that are established by scripture but to make Christianity an extension of Judaism instead of seeking asking and knocking. There were no Apostles in Jesus time; when He spoke to the Jews He was speaking to us. He was given us an example of what not to do; &#8220;symbolism&#8221; you see a barber pole you know there is a barber is working there.

By the way the SYNAGOGUES in Scripture as you pointed out started in Babylon (Type in Revelation of false religions) by religious men who had to have their temple even though God declared it to be destroyed.

Upvote 0

repentant

Sep 2, 2005
US of A
✟8,687.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Whatever my friend. Maybe you should read what we actually believe instead of what Jack Chick and other fools say..

Romans 4:1
What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?

Oops, Paul calls someone other than God father..

I guess Paul was anti-Christ according to you.

Luke 1:73
The oath which he sware to our father Abraham

Oops, and so was Zacharius..

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
repentant;Romans 4:1
What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?
You're confusing context, rep.
Jesus didn't tell us not to call our physical fathers "father". That would be patently absurd.
Here: look at what he said in context:
Matthew 23:1-12 1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, 2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: 3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not. 4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. 5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments, 6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues, 7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi. 8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. 9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. 10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ. 11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. 12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall
Oops, Paul calls someone other than God father..
Cute, but disingenuous.

I guess Paul was anti-Christ according to you.
Only like Peter and everyone else is in their flesh.

Luke 1:73
The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

Oops, and so was Zacharius..
Repeating your error doesn't render it correct, rep.
Jesus was talking about religious titles, not personal family relationships.
Even fools like me & Jack Chick could see that.
Who's been foolin' you?

:cool: has anybody seen my white cane & my cup full of pencils?

Upvote 0

LLWHA

May 21, 2007
✟910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You're confusing context, rep.
Jesus didn't tell us not to call our physical fathers "father". That would be patently absurd.
Here: look at what he said in context:
Matthew 23:1-12 1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, 2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: 3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not. 4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. 5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments, 6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues, 7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi. 8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. 9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. 10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ. 11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. 12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall

Cute, but disingenuous.

Only like Peter and everyone else is in their flesh.

Repeating your error doesn't render it correct, rep.
Jesus was talking about religious titles, not personal family relationships.
Even fools like me & Jack Chick could see that.
Who's been foolin' you?

:cool: has anybody seen my white cane & my cup full of pencils?

Thank you for your wisdom.

Great post!!

God has blessed you!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.