Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
"No amount of alcohol, sausage or bacon is safe according to cancer experts"

No amount of alcohol, sausage or bacon is safe according to a new global blueprint on how to beat cancer. Even small amounts of processed meats and booze increase the risk of a host of cancers outlined in World Cancer Research Fund (WCRF) guidelines updated every decade. The respected global authority has unveiled a 10-point plan to cut your risk of getting cancer by up to 40%.​

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This kind of reminds me of the study done in the 70s that indicated coffee causes cancer. The problem was that most of the subjects of the study also smoked while drinking coffee. It took until the 1990s before they could find a large enough pool of non-smoking coffee drinkers to establish that coffee drinking was actually a bit healthy.

Have they done a study of healthy, thin people who drink alcohol and eat bacon in moderation? It appears most of their study is with unhealthy people who do a lot of unhealthy things.

Upvote 0

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Everything is connected. "Sin no more that nothing worse may happen to you."

The earth staggers like a drunken man; it sways like a hut; its transgression lies heavy upon it, and it falls, and will not rise again. ~Isaiah 24:20

Our sin is what is causing every one of our problems and it is mounting. You simply can't connect it with your minds but it doesn't mean it isn't connected.

Also, all of the law is still upon us today. Every word proves true. Do you not believe in the word of God?

Yahweh was pleased, for his righteousness’ sake, to magnify his law and make it glorious.
~Isaiah 42:21
Do you eat pork? Have you fenced off your roof so that no one accidentally falls off of it? Do you sacrifice a lamb for the passover? If you answered yes to the first one or no to the rest, you aren't keeping with the whole Law.

And that's OK, because Jesus fulfilled the Law. We are no longer bound by the civil laws or dietary restrictions imposed on the Jews under the Old Covenant.

As for the sin thing- if you could find some place in Scripture where God says "and he who eats pork will be struck with cancer", that would help out everyone here befuddled with your claim.

Upvote 0

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
There are plenty of people who die of old age without having gotten cancer. Some live past 100.
I said "if you live long enough". Clearly they didn't live long enough to get it.

And I was exaggerating to make a point.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I'll continue drinking my wine (red) and my vodka (Absolut)- in moderation, of course- and I will continue eating sausage and bacon- also in moderation, because I never make it for myself.

Upvote 0

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
You entirely miss the point. I never said anything about keeping the law. I said, "Every word of God proves true." Which is a scripture quote. Should I tell you where it is? Why don't you find it.

So if its the case that every word of God proves true then the law is also true. What this means, you don't seem to understand. But that is not my problem. It is yours. I understand what it means for the law to be true and I know its place but nothing I have said is wrong.

You are filling up your post with your own ideas but look closely none of them are mine. You can ask me what mine are instead of telling me what mine are.
:nowords:
I'm reading your posts and taking your ideas in. If I can't understand what it is you're trying to say, don't be so quick to push the blame onto me. Clarify your position. From my end, it looks like you don't believe that we're free from the dietary restrictions, and that you do believe that people are punished with cancer (and probably other things) for violating it. If that's not your position, just clarify to me what it is.

Upvote 0

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Again, that would fall under the dietary restrictions, which were lifted. It being "true" or not doesn't matter (whatever you mean by that). Yes, God said something about fat and blood at one point- that is "true" (again, whatever you mean by that). He also declared all foods clean- and does that not also refer to the individual parts of food? Sure, God might not "understand" why we would want to eat a lobster shell- but I have serious doubts that He considers it a sin to try- that is, unless the intention is to harm ourselves in doing so- and even then, the only sin that would exist is our attempt at self mutilation.

Regardless, doesn't some fat (and even blood, for that matter) remain in meat, no matter what you do? Is there a certain percentage of lean meat versus fat that you think qualifies sinfulness?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Again, that would fall under the dietary restrictions, which were lifted. It being "true" or not doesn't matter (whatever you mean by that). Yes, God said something about fat and blood at one point- that is "true" (again, whatever you mean by that). He also declared all foods clean- and does that not also refer to the individual parts of food? Sure, God might not "understand" why we would want to eat a lobster shell- but I have serious doubts that He considers it a sin to try- that is, unless the intention is to harm ourselves in doing so- and even then, the only sin that would exist is our attempt at self mutilation.

Regardless, doesn't some fat (and even blood, for that matter) remain in meat, no matter what you do? Is there a certain percentage of lean meat versus fat that you think qualifies sinfulness?
You aren't getting it at all. Why do you need it defined exactly? The fat is Yahweh's; plain and simple. It will stand forever.

But you are quite wrong. You see, if you say what you say, that the fat, the internal parts of the food is also made clean, then you are legalizing drinking blood. Because this is clearly wrong and was not made clean, even though it comes from the law, so also you cannot make fat clean in this way.

But you need it defined because of your hardness of heart.

Upvote 0

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
You aren't getting it at all. Why do you need it defined exactly? The fat is Yahweh's; plain and simple. It will stand forever.

But you are quite wrong. You see, if you say what you say, that the fat, the internal parts of the food is also made clean, then you are legalizing drinking blood. Because this is clearly wrong and was not made clean, even though it comes from the law, so also you cannot make fat clean in this way.

But you need it defined because of your hardness of heart.
I'm not trying to legalize anything. I'm saying that, particularly in the days when God enacted this commandment, it was impossible to completely remove fat and blood from meat. It just wasn't happening. Even today, you would need more advanced stuff than what you have in your kitchen to do so- yet you expect the ancient Israelites to have accomplished this?

I'm not the one who's "not getting it" here. And if anything, you're the one being legalistic. I don't believe that God does anything without some meaning to it. Why do you think that God would say "all the fat is mine", anyways? You keep mentioning our wellbeing, but that doesn't follow, unless He was completely oblivious to all the other dangers in what we eat.

Upvote 0

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not trying to legalize anything. I'm saying that, particularly in the days when God enacted this commandment, it was impossible to completely remove fat and blood from meat. It just wasn't happening. Even today, you would need more advanced stuff than what you have in your kitchen to do so- yet you expect the ancient Israelites to have accomplished this?

I'm not the one who's "not getting it" here. And if anything, you're the one being legalistic. I don't believe that God does anything without some meaning to it. Why do you think that God would say "all the fat is mine", anyways? You keep mentioning our wellbeing, but that doesn't follow, unless He was completely oblivious to all the other dangers in what we eat.

You are thinking earthly and like a man. You aren't getting it. In fact your thinking is that of a child, not even a man. A man would get it. Don't take it as a slight. I mean it truly.

Your thinking is legalistic yet mine is free.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
"No amount of alcohol, sausage or bacon is safe according to cancer experts"

No amount of alcohol, sausage or bacon is safe according to a new global blueprint on how to beat cancer. Even small amounts of processed meats and booze increase the risk of a host of cancers outlined in World Cancer Research Fund (WCRF) guidelines updated every decade. The respected global authority has unveiled a 10-point plan to cut your risk of getting cancer by up to 40%.​
There is/was a plan to eliminate cancer by over 90%, but people don't want to believe it nor to obey Yahweh. Even though it was presented / published many times from 1820 to 1966 or so, the world continually rejects it, hates Jesus, and deceives everyone they can, dragging as many to death in wickedness and idolatry and greed as it can.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
You entirely miss the point.
As written , every natural (unregenerate) (not born again) (not raised in the way they should go by their parents)
man rejects the things of Yahweh, the Truth, Jesus, and it is a daily , constant, continual warfare - flesh vs spirit - everywhere on earth.

Upvote 0