Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Looking at Christian Forums, I see a place for folks to blog, people sharing information, personal messages and videos!

We are on a social media platform :)

Okay, I think you made your point.

For that matter, if one is on the internet, you are leaving trails all over the place....for any enitity to data mine.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
...Are we that soft that we can't just use the 'ignore' function if our virtual feelings get hurt?....
We are here, obviously. Theres all kinds of rules here designed to keep peoples feeling from being hurt. Not that I'm complaining. Its just worth considering.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

Is this a good idea?

In my view, no. There are lots of people who make comments they wouldn't make in person, on this forum included, but do they need to be identified?

Are we that soft that we can't just use the 'ignore' function if our virtual feelings get hurt?
I don't use "ignore" because of hurt feelings. I use "ignore" against people who I think, are too disengenuous, who cycle through and repeat arguments instead of raisings new ones, who never meaingfully address what I say, or who I simply find annoying or abbrasive.
So, what's the real aim of trying to push identity verification on social media?

Nikki claims it's for Russian/Chinese/Iranian bots but the US government has claimed national security crisis as a way to to suppress the rights of US citizens before e.g. Patriot Act.

Since we're all pretty anonymous here, I'm interested in this forums participant views.
I am 100% on board.
As the great philosopher Mike Tyson said " "Social media made y'all way to [sic] comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it."
You can say it's rough and improper, but I tell ya, it is 100% true. There are a LOT of people, sadly, who don't have the empathy or interest in compassion and they only answer to things like threats of violence.

I think the anonymity of the argument is actually, one of it's biggest problems by far. Like, by FAAAAAAAAAAR. Imagine how different the world would be if it would be IMPOSSIBLE to be annonymous on it. I can guarantee the number of death threats, threats of violence, and bullying behaviours have exponentially increased since the internet came to be.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't use "ignore" because of hurt feelings. I use "ignore" against people who I think, are too disengenuous, who cycle through and repeat arguments instead of raisings new ones, who never meaingfully address what I say, or who I simply find annoying or abbrasive.

I am 100% on board.
As the great philosopher Mike Tyson said " "Social media made y'all way to [sic] comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it."
You can say it's rough and improper, but I tell ya, it is 100% true. There are a LOT of people, sadly, who don't have the empathy or interest in compassion and they only answer to things like threats of violence.

I think the anonymity of the argument is actually, one of it's biggest problems by far. Like, by FAAAAAAAAAAR. Imagine how different the world would be if it would be IMPOSSIBLE to be annonymous on it. I can guarantee the number of death threats, threats of violence, and bullying behaviours have exponentially increased since the internet came to be.
And the former governor would use federal power to dox everyone to those bullies.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0