Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Catholics will be aware that George Pell was accused of being a paedophile. I'm not Catholic, but I sensed that Mr Pell was targeted because he was high profile. No doubt many have been praying for him. Australia's highest court, the High Court, acquitted him today. I don't know if prosecutors can appeal the decision, but Mr Pell has been released from prison.

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,572.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
One thing I think today's society is hell bent in their "justice" to the point of being vindictive. A lot of times we prejudge a person solely based on perceptions.

I'm no Catholic and there are many legit cases of such sexual crimes in its priesthood but I'm also sure there are some "victims" who take advantage of the current environment to target innocent people only by association.

That's why we have courts of law. Not perfect I would agree. Sometimes guilty people get off by technicality. It's better than mob justice.

But in such allegations even if you're found not guilty in the eyes of the law, you will forever be tainted in the society you live in. It speaks more about the people in general than the perpetrator.

I'm not saying Pell is innocent or guilty at this point. I only hope truth will prevail and the justice will be served. I pray for all the victims.

Upvote 0